• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

replica 02+ taillights...

i don't have the energy nor connection to make it work... but it's very sad that op's enthusiasm got beaten. trust me, I know how that felt.

here's the thought, if your connection at Thailand can reproduce the taillight. Ever thought of just making the outside lens? and possibly in different shades, like JDM tinted red with 02 design?? that way, the molding cost should be cheap enough and you have an unique product.

IMO, the nsx tailights housing are quite complexly built compared to most others on the market. without worrrying the housing you get many customers as those whose lens been damaged, cracked, or ever just having condensation problem (which probably half of them were over-due gasket)

it'll also attract to those who wants to perform LED conversion as they don't need to worry about breaking the outside lens.

and if we get to have replacement outside lens, with that many room to play in the nsx housing, we can create different designs. aka, Lambo LP style, audi TT/R8..... etc etc...

Just a thought...

My connection is in taiwan, not thailand. The thailand guy is another member letting people know how cheap he can get them built for, which i don't believe. With the cost of production and materials, there is no way it can made that cheap. Thailand may have cheaper rates, I dunno. Plastic mold injection is not a cheap process.

My connection is in taiwan, not thailand. The thailand guy is another member letting people know how cheap he can get them built for, which i don't believe. With the cost of production and materials, there is no way it can made that cheap. Thailand may have cheaper rates, I dunno. Plastic mold injection is not a cheap process.

so what do you think of my idea then?

so what do you think of my idea then?

Good idea for giving people options, but not gonna happen. I cant imagine many people on here willing to take apart their taillights. It would be alot easier to bolt stuff on, then it is to bake apart and re-seal. There's also a chance of melting your back side of the lights (which you will be screwed and need to buy an expensive oem piece) and condensation.

Good idea for giving people options, but not gonna happen. I cant imagine many people on here willing to take apart their taillights. It would be alot easier to bolt stuff on, then it is to bake apart and re-seal. There's also a chance of melting your back side of the lights (which you will be screwed and need to buy an expensive oem piece) and condensation.

yes and no. You completely missing my point.

not many people willing to take apart their perfect taillights. YES. Absolutely. With majority of the nsx being 20 yrs old. How many of their tail lights are perfect??

Again, if someone already have scratches, slight deformation, or even accident that only the lens had damaged. Why would I not want to get my hands wet and take the lens out? (if i my other choice is spending $800 to buy a new pair)

To bake the whole light in an oven and take apart the lens and housing without damage is one thing. To take out the oem outer lens without the fear of breaking it? there's hot water, heat gun, dremels...

and to those who wants LED conversion and afraid of breaking the len in the process, your lens is not just an life saver!!!

^ Agreed.

The lens is the most important part. If someone would just make that part it would open up a host of possibilities. My left tail light is currently cracked from trying to get it opened to do an LED conversion and I'd jump on a set of lenses in a heartbeat.

I worked on this project a couple years ago when I made my side markers (www.nsxclear.com). I was going to make just the 02+ lens and the diffuser for the tail lights, not the entire unit. I was also going to make a JDM version.

This is not an easy project. The mold cost is very expensive. This is why I haven't made the rear side marker sets. The required quantity and mold price does not make the project economical.

Sorry, if I'm thread hi-jacking. Please let me know if you would like me to start my own thread.

I may revisit this rear tail light lens and the rear side marker project if I get enough people to commit.

What price are you willing to pay for the tail light lens and diffuser? I would expect customers to reuse their old housing.

I worked on this project a couple years ago when I made my side markers (www.nsxclear.com). I was going to make just the 02+ lens and the diffuser for the tail lights, not the entire unit. I was also going to make a JDM version.

This is not an easy project. The mold cost is very expensive. This is why I haven't made the rear side marker sets. The required quantity and mold price does not make the project economical.

Sorry, if I'm thread hi-jacking. Please let me know if you would like me to start my own thread.

I may revisit this rear tail light lens and the rear side marker project if I get enough people to commit.

What price are you willing to pay for the tail light lens and diffuser? I would expect customers to reuse their old housing.

please keep this updated, since there are many interested people. i have not found the right factory to produce there lights for the right price. there's no way i can buy 3000 lights at once. it would take me forever to get my money back.

I have 02 taillight in bad shape (little crack in the light and some tabs are broken)
maybe you can do the mold with? I'll try to take pic to show u how bad the light are

Back