• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

replica 02+ taillights...

For $200 on set a replica 02+ tail lights, I'm willing to take the risk and see how it fits and test the longevity of it! Keep us posted!

I understand the need for profit on products but passing on the saving to the community will be greatly appreciated. I dont expect you to sell them at cost but i'm willing to pay $150-$200 depending on fit and quality.

I was just offering to help everyone out :wink:, I don't even need them. Sounds like he has a plan so i'll step out.

Mike

At $56 for 02+ headlight replica's I don't even care about condensation. I'd give it a try and just reseal them myself if need be. I've wasted $56 on shipping alone so what the heck, it's would be worth a try.

If they can just make a replacement rear 02 tail lenses to replace older version that would be interesting being if there interchangeable?

I would definitely buy 02 headlights! The ridiculous expense of the oem units is the only reason I have not done the 02 conversion. I suspect if you get the price down then there will be a proliferation of 02 conversions!!

Tailights is not a big deal, in fact IMHO the pre-'02 tails look better. 02 headlights is the one everyone wants.

Posted from my iPhone

If they can just make a replacement rear 02 tail lenses to replace older version that would be interesting being if there interchangeable?

You know, this would be an excellent option. The back part of the tail light is identical to the 91-01 version. I know because I had to open up one of my 02 lights due to damage on the back case and I opened up my original 92 taillight and used that back casing. Worked perfect. Unfortunately the only thing we would be missing would be the diffuser for the turn signal as it has the oval cut into it rather than solid like the 91-01 version.

i dont have the product with me, just wanted to see if people were interested. it will definitely be more costly than the thailand prices. my friend is overseas and is trying to source these for me. as soon as i get an update from him, i will keep you guys posted.

At $56 for 02+ headlight replica's I don't even care about condensation. I'd give it a try and just reseal them myself if need be. I've wasted $56 on shipping alone so what the heck, it's would be worth a try.
Indeed at that price there a throwaway item lol

I found a company that would replica them in Thailand

cost per set would be 36 dollars USD not kidding

36 USD= 1,107.72 Baht

they would be exact replica's minus the wire harness

and the front Headlights this same company could make them for

56 USD a set which is 1,723.12 Baht

exact replica's minus the HID ballast and bulbs

If you think you can make this happen, lets do it asap!
Even better if you can make the front headlight in glass, i'm willing to pay 300 to 600 if it's high quality & will not fall apart in a year or two.

As for the condensation thing, you can always drill a small hole underneath on each side, that will vent the moisture out.

Tailights is not a big deal, in fact IMHO the pre-'02 tails look better. 02 headlights is the one everyone wants.

Posted from my iPhone

+1, those oval turn signals don't fit in anywhere in my opinion.

Anyhow, if you are able to get 02 headlights done they do need to be quality pieces like the originals- that's where the replicas have failed in the past right? The electronics and ballasts are not as big a problem as WhiteNSXs kits are very reliable, for example, and could be combined with the housings in question.

Sorry guys, but this isn't gonna happen. Producing molds just cost too much, unless I get 3000 orders made they will waive the mold fee.

Sorry guys, but this isn't gonna happen. Producing molds just cost too much, unless I get 3000 orders made they will waive the mold fee.

When something sounds way too good to be true, it always is.

Just think of it this way. If it could be done. Cost effectively. It would have been done years ago. The nsx isn't a new product.

I also talked to one of my friends in Thailand and their opinion was, the nsx market just isn't big enough to justify high costs of molds, r&d and all that. But I'm sure most of you already know this.

my friend is still going to keep his eye out for a mold if there is one around. he says there might be, because the cheap ebay lights are floating around, so if he is able to find one then i will proceed. i doubt shawn110975 can produce these for $56 a piece. i would like to be proven wrong!!

No kiddin', talk is cheap.
Don't tease unless you can bring home the bread to put on the table.

Back