• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Competes in 2012 Modified Magazine Tuner Shootout

On the 31st of last month, ScienceofSpeed competed in Modified Magazine's Tuner Shoot Out - an event that has quickly become one of the most highly anticipated and hard-fought competitions in the industry.

All new for this year, tuners were required to compete with street cars that were equipped with Continental Tire's ExtremeContact DW tire - a 340 tread wear street tire - to best showcase their interpretation of a high performance sports car competitive on the track that could also live within the confines of street use.

To fit the street car requirement, we enlisted our Sebring Silver 1992 Acura NSX. This NSX is equipped with a ScienceofSpeed built Stage 1 Forced Induction Engine and ScienceofSpeed Twin Turbocharger System. We used this event to campaign several new products in development including a plug and play Series 2 AEM EMS, high flow plug and play fuel system, and Garrett's new GTX28 turbochargers. Check out the car's profile here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/revolutionized/ScienceofSpeed/NSX/1992_Sebring_Silver

While we've been asked to keep the results of the event confidential, we are happy to let you know that we represented the NSX well - showing how competitive a 20 year old car brought up to modern power and weight standards can be. Look for the results in an upcoming July/August Modified Magazine issue. In the meantime, a blog of the lead up to the event is posted here:
http://scienceofspeed.wordpress.com/

cheers,
-- Chris

IMG_7239.jpg

Chris, can you tell us what it did in the 1/4 mile? You said it kept up with the mclaren.

Can't wait to read the article

Looking forward to seeing the results! I'm very interested in see how the X performed on the Continental DW's...I'm getting tired of replacing tires twice a year!

Last edited:
Chris, can you tell us what it did in the 1/4 mile? You said it kept up with the mclaren.

They've asked us to keep specific results confidential. Mid to high 11's sounds about right, which I was amazed by with the tires spinning in all gears.

-- Chris

Back