• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Maybe blew an oil gear tracking saturday at SOW.

Ross, you should know a track has one or two straights but 10+ corners. The loss down the straight will be more than made up on the increased corner and exit speeds. As well, the increased confidence in corner entry speeds will immediately improve lap times.

When I added the apr wing I lost 2 mph on the straight but dropped 2 full seconds a lap my first time out.

sent from my crappy cell phone.

At stock power... the kognition its beeing utilized to potential... thats all im saying

Down = drag is the equation. You cant make one without the other

The guy who designed that wing stayed at my house for 5 nights... I understand the concepts to the highest degree now.

Everything becomes saturated... 2 seconds a lap to 2 mph happened for sure... but it is apple to orange

it was probably 5 seconds saved in turns and 3 seconds lost in strights for a net of minus = 2 seconds lap time with a 2 mph decrease in top speed on straights.

You know what your talking bout my man... I was answering why Ken commented on detrimental to performance. I can even give you some ideas to play with if your keepong an ewye on lap times.. call me.

I just read this whole thread and then realized how old it was after the fact. Lol.

Stories like this are why I retired the NSX from track use and got an M3. Not preaching at all, I loved tracking the NSX and totally respect folks who choose to continue doing it. I also know that being able to own not one but two fast-and-not-really-sensible cars is a huge luxury and I feel very blessed.

But yeah. I already have enough other things to lose sleep over. Glad this story had a happy ending and played a role in bringing lilwillem's car to the beastly and terrifying set up we all know it for today. :smile:

Oh man I just re read it too. These were the days...

Just like you said Bngl3rt I have put the NSX into semi track retirement to focus on other projects. After replacing the motor last year I decided I was going to get something else to beat up every weekend. I was happy with the times id been able to do in the car but at the speeds I was now going the lack of a proper cage just felt irresponsible. I have a couple projects but so far the main one is a Honda CRX car im building. Its already less than a second of the times of the NSX, My end goal is NA FWD at Streets of Willow (about a second away) and into the 55's at Buttonwillow with 1.8l motor. Ive only had the car since December but am leading points in Mod class in HFF Challenge and am almost as fast with 170hp as my NSX around my local tracks.

I keep a blog of progress here: http://illvillains.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
It feels apple to oranges in some respect and in others its very close. CRX initially felt like a more raw experience that favored big inputs, but after driving it a bit Ive realized the lack of power requires more subtle steering and brake input to keep momentum up. Its really one of those types of car where if you FEEL like your going fast youre probably not; similar to the NSX. Going back and watching footage, though, I can see what i thought were little ginger 'flicks of the wrist' were actually pretty big catches. I guess it all scales up appropriately.

Also being FF, which normally lends itself to being a forgiving layout, is sort of muted by the shortness of the chassis. Its a full 8" SHORTER than a civic of the same year. That means there's much less inherent stability, the chassis really only vaguely cares what way its pointed... its more down to the tire grip to dictate. Because of this i feel myself setting up the car into turns baised much more on tire heat/life than other FF cars ive had. Its actually forced me too really focus on car set up much more that anything else ive owned.

Over all 'Fun' is %100. I just love driving. Comparing CRX to the NSX is like comparing your favourite sweet food vs your favourite savoury food. Im just happy to be able to choose which one I want to take out.

[MENTION=25108]illwillem[/MENTION] what's that board thing with the holes in it on the passenger footwell?

I've had 3 CRXs in the past and I'd have to say it was one of the most fun cars I've driven. The nsx has been much more challenging to learn thus far compared to my previous FF setups.

Last edited:
Damn Will, your CRX looks dope. Nice job. I can't wait to see it run. Very impressive what you've accomplished. I'm on the waiting list for Laguna Seca.

Theres a lot going on right now. Its at the shop getting some cage work and some fuel cell stuff done. Once it gets back im going to be re wiring everything from scratch again and rebending all lines in stainless for brakes/fuel. I also get to redesign the cockpit layout to accommodate the fire system, brake bias adjuster, inertia switch and new wiring for the ECU and power. i then gotta mess with all the filler hose layouts and build an intake box out of an oem NSX intake.

Not a lot of pictures yet of the cage work and stuff, I have some, but ill update the blog all at once. Meanwhile i did an update the other day on some other stuff..

http://illvillains.blogspot.com/ [MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION]

Back