• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My first time

Unless i'm missing something, this is how i think it should look. All the lines are stock except the two dark ones. I don't know if the one i have which is about 24" long with AN both ends will work from rail to filter.

Mike

02c786e5.jpg

I would still like to replace the fuel line from rail to rail but summit says they don't make them up. Any idea where i can get one without ordering? I'm running out of time. Did get everything else ordered that i've been waiting on and should be hearing from the powder coater any day.

We are having a meet at the shop while my car is there, I can't wait.

Mike

Finally got the sc refinished. The shop wasn't able to remove the yellow powdercoat so i had to do it myself. Six hours to get that crap off, what a pain. All the other parts were powdercoated but the sc i had to paint because of the heat involved. Just got the paint finished today.

Also had the full maintenance done a few weeks ago at 29k.

Mike

Finally got the sc refinished. The shop wasn't able to remove the yellow powdercoat so i had to do it myself. Six hours to get that crap off, what a pain. All the other parts were powdercoated but the sc i had to paint because of the heat involved. Just got the paint finished today.

Also had the full maintenance done a few weeks ago at 29k.

Mike
Cant wait to see how it turned out. Any pictures?

^^Looks great. You will love the supercharger. Its amazing how different you will drive with it. The torque makes you never have to drive the car hard. That is unless you want to go fast :wink:

Track one doing the install on this like they did the timing belt and valve adjustment ?

^^Looks great. You will love the supercharger. Its amazing how different you will drive with it. The torque makes you never have to drive the car hard. That is unless you want to go fast :wink:

Hey man, Thanks. Yeah can't wait.

Fyi to anyone that's interested

5 steps

1. PPG DX533 aluminum cleaner
2. PPG DX503 aluminum conditioner
3. 2 part epoxy primer
4. Paint
5. 2 part clearcoat

Mike

socold57, That was the original plan but i used up a lot of my time on the meet and getting the maintenance done. I am working 700 miles from home and the shop is 200 miles from there. We are getting to the end of a big project and i can't see be able to get that much time off for a while. I am probably going to install one weekend when i'm home and then wait to do the tune the next time i'm in.

Last edited:
Thread derail/morale corruption

"My first time.." made me think of the website, as well as "my first time," good times.:tongue:

Haha, was going to put blown for the first time. While it would have been correct, better judgement made me shorten it.

Mike

Glad you finally got the yellow off the blower Mike! I was about to give you a call today and catch up but with as busy as we have been I ran out of time. Since I'm posting this at 1am right now you can guess I'm still here in the shop working haha. I now have a tuner on staff so just let me know what your schedule is looking like and we may be able to work out a weekend where we can get this done for you.

Here are a few pictures from when the car was here at the shop :)

I'll give you a call tomorrow Mike!

Glad you finally got the yellow off the blower Mike!

Hey man, how is everyone?

Yeah, eleven hours of hard work and a couple hundred dollars, it's finally done. I was even able to fix the sandblaster damage from where they tried to remove the powder coat. Somehow they nicked the pulley in a couple of spots too but thankfully that's not the one i am using.

Hey, you guys should feel privileged. I responded to one of the pics on facebook. First time i ever used it since setting up the account :redface:.

Mike

Hey man, how is everyone?

Yeah, eleven hours of hard work and a couple hundred dollars, it's finally done. I was even able to fix the sandblaster damage from where they tried to remove the powder coat. Somehow they nicked the pulley in a couple of spots too but thankfully that's not the one i am using.

Hey, you guys should feel privileged. I responded to one of the pics on facebook. First time i ever used it since setting up the account :redface:.

Mike
Which pulley did you decide to go with?

Which pulley did you decide to go with?

The (91mm) low boost pulley. The one on the sc now is the original high boost.

My overall goal is to do this as close to oem as possible, only replacing what i have to and keeping the fuel pressures near stock. Kinda like how i think honda would have done it. Although i will have dyno numbers, i am not looking for max hp.

Mike

The (91mm) low boost pulley. The one on the sc now is the original high boost.

My overall goal is to do this as close to oem as possible, only replacing what i have to and keeping the fuel pressures near stock. Kinda like how i think honda would have done it. Although i will have dyno numbers, i am not looking for max hp.

Mike
I wanted the most out of mine. Looking back I made 365whp with the pulley I sold you and in at 400whp now and it has been the most expensive 35whp I have ever made. I'm happy with it but changing everything was expensive. Living in FL the water/Meth is a must. Its not.even full summer and I have seen IAT rise in the 170's if I'm not spraying the water Meth and that's not even tracking the car. It is from highway pulls

I wanted the most out of mine. Looking back I made 365whp with the pulley I sold you and in at 400whp now and it has been the most expensive 35whp I have ever made. I'm happy with it but changing everything was expensive. Living in FL the water/Meth is a must. Its not.even full summer and I have seen IAT rise in the 170's if I'm not spraying the water Meth and that's not even tracking the car. It is from highway pulls

Yeah, i would be fine with 365. I don't think you ever used that pulley, it looks brand new :biggrin: Thanks again man!

Here is the targa brace after being powder coated high gloss black.

Mike

2088507b.jpg

Wasn't happy with the finish or color so it been refinished again, new pictures with flash and without.

Mike

e112de33.jpg

ad9a3398.jpg

Last edited:
+1 i got anti foulers from dali 1.5 years ago, to go with the pride v2 i bought. No CEL.

Hey man, how's it going?

Yeah my test pipes have the J pipe that should do the same thing. I have a couple days off this week and i may try them. Didn't get to hear it much before i left but the new V2 seemed sort of quiet so i kind of need them :redface:.

Mike

Back