• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My first time

Can you guess what this is? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

ed332cf0.jpg

Jimmy Hoffa?

lol, your a nut :biggrin:

Mike

Well i only got one of the FPR's and it's the big crappy one. The old injectors are in a box
and the old label on it says AEM 550cc set of 6 but they look oem.

Last edited:
lol, your a nut :biggrin:

Mike

Well i only got one of the FPR's and it's the big crappy one. The old injectors are in a box
and the old label on it says AEM 550cc set of 6 but they look oem.
When i switched to an FIC and 550's i got rid of the FPR. I run stock fuel pressure

Good option on using the factory FPR. I forgot about that. SOS sells a machined fitting that allows you to fit a stock OEM FPR on the CT fuel rail. If you already have big injectors why not..

This reminds me.. I need to post my FS ad for my RC500s :). If anyone is looking for a freshly cleaned and and flow tested set lmk.

When i switched to an FIC and 550's i got rid of the FPR. I run stock fuel pressure

Thanks Blacknot, That's exactly what i want to do.

Good option on using the factory FPR. I forgot about that. SOS sells a machined fitting that allows you to fit a stock OEM FPR on the CT fuel rail. If you already have big injectors why not..

This reminds me.. I need to post my FS ad for my RC500s :). If anyone is looking for a freshly cleaned and and flow tested set lmk.

I think i asked about the FPR fitting. It's already on my list with SOS :wink:

Mike

The car goes in the shop in three weeks. I still need to place my last orders but it's surprisingly hard to give my money away. Places are either not resonding to email or very slow to respond.

I'm going to have the intake and that air intake piece that the TB connects to powder coated and still need to get the powder off the blower.

Mike

This will be more fun if you list out your parts list. (drooool)

This is most of the parts for everything i am currently doing. Still haven't decided on which gauges and some other items. I'm sure i forgot something.

Comptech SC (Whipple) for 3.2
Low boost pulley (91mm)
Belt for (91mm)
Elbow repair kit
Comptech Targa brace (old style)

AEM FI/C 30-1911
FI/C harness adapter
Injectors (RC SL9-0550 550cc)
plug-and-play wire clip (injectors)
SOS Fuel Rail Adaptor
Fuel line fitting (Earl's)
New fuel filter
New oem FPR

New Timing belt
New water pump

Pride V2 Quad
Angus Test pipes
Tein s
NSX-R stablizer bar
Downforce NSX-R hood CF/FRP
Downforce NSX-R spoiler CF (custom w/black sides)
Console Gauge Mounting Plate

Mike

Last edited:
Hey guys Thanks.

Should have everything done in about 4 weeks except the hood. I need to have it painted.

Mike

This is most of the parts for everything i am currently doing. Still haven't decided on which gauges and some other items. I'm sure i forgot something.

Comptech SC (Whipple) for 3.2
Low boost pulley (91mm)
Belt for (91mm)
Elbow repair kit
Comptech Targa brace (old style)

AEM FI/C 30-1911
FI/C harness adapter
Injectors (RC SL9-0550 550cc)
plug-and-play wire clip (injectors)
SOS Fuel Rail Adaptor
Fuel line fitting (Earl's)
New fuel filter
New oem FPR

New Timing belt
New water pump

Pride V2 Quad
Angus Test pipes
Bilsteins
NSX-R stablizer bar
Downforce NSX-R hood CF/FRP
Downforce NSX-R spoiler CF (custom w/black sides)
Console Gauge Mounting Plate

Mike

You should really consider running Cats, there is really no effective way to ensure you will not see a CEL for cat efficiency without them. If you want to try it you will need to take extra steps to try and get around the possible CEL. In my option it is not worth the extra 5-10whp to not have them and then deal with random CEL's.

Dave

You should really consider running Cats, there is really no effective way to ensure you will not see a CEL for cat efficiency without them. If you want to try it you will need to take extra steps to try and get around the possible CEL. In my option it is not worth the extra 5-10whp to not have them and then deal with random CEL's.

Dave
all you need are spark plug anti foulers. I have not gotten a cell yet not once. Living in FL I never run cats

Don't the Angus ones come with it?
Yes they are built in and I think he guarantees no cel but I had mine made and used the anti foulers cost me $200. The anti foulers are $6 and pipe is cheap so if you know someone that welds you can build them very inexpensive

Dave

Hey Dave Thanks,
I purchased the exhaust and test pipes before deciding to go FI and haven't really thought about it again. Before, i knew i could always go back to the Cats if i needed to but now i definately don't want to chance having to re-tune if i had to go back. More to think about.

Mike

Taking everything to the powder coater tomorrow. Still haven't placed my last two orders as they are still making me wait to give them money :rolleyes:.

Mike

Hey guys, i have a couple of questions.

1. I have the updated fuel lines from CT. If i install this fuel line fitting in the fuel filter to get rid of the banjo bolt, dave said i need to have the fuel line modified for the AN fitting. Wondering if i already have a fuel line that will work since I am not using the CT FPR and should have lines that won't be used. I have two long fuel lines the same size, one with a banjo bolt and the other with screw fittings on both ends. Will one of these work for the length and fittings?

I know i need the short line between rails and i think i only need one more but not sure.

2. I remember people saying something has to be removed from under the intake depending on low/high boost. They even said it was better to relocate it for the future. Only thing i see is a switch, is that what they are talking about?

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Hey guys, i have a couple of questions.

1. I have the updated fuel lines from CT. If i install this fuel line fitting in the fuel filter to get rid of the banjo bolt, dave said i need to have the fuel line modified for the AN fitting. Wondering if i already have a fuel line that will work since I am not using the CT FPR and should have lines that won't be used. I have two long fuel lines the same size, one with a banjo bolt and the other with screw fittings on both ends. Will one of these work for the length and fittings?

I know i need the short line between rails and i think i only need one more but not sure.

If you replaced the banjo bolt at the filter you will need a hose with -6AN at both ends, if you use the OEM FPR on the CT rails you will need to clamp the hose at the FPR and the hard return line on the passenger side near the strut tower.

2. I remember people saying something has to be removed from under the intake depending on low/high boost. They even said it was better to relocate it for the future. Only thing i see is a switch, is that what they are talking about?

Thanks
Mike

On the older CT manifolds they used a HOBs switch to trigger the BAP when the car went into boost, if you are changing to the 1:1 FPR, Walbro, and larger injectors you will not need the BAP or the HOBs switch. You can remove the HOBs switch and add an additional barb fitting for a second VAC refference in case you want to run a boost gauge or something else. Or you can leave it there and just remove the wires going to it.

Dave

Hi Dave,
Here is what i received. Looks like i need a new one for between rails.

So the only other one i need is like the one on the left? It's about 24" long and i'm guessing it goes from rail to filter. You think it will be too long?

The return line will just be a hose clamped on both ends?

I will remove the HOB switch.

Thanks
Mike

398e8c5d.jpg

Do you have your FPR handy and have you purchased the AN fittings for that? If you can throw that in the picture it'll be easier to piece this together for you.

Getting ready to go Summit to get the earl's adapter for the filter and thought if i still need hoses i could get them while i'm there.

The FPR will be OEM attached to the rail with the SOS adapter, it needs fuel line adapters too?

Mike

The FPR will be OEM attached to the rail with the SOS adapter, it needs fuel line adapters too?

Mike
You can see in your pic; 3rd hose from the left. Notice the double hose clamp. That's what Dave mentioned will connect to your fuel return line near the shock tower.

You'll basically need a line that exits the fuel return exit from your FPR and into that hard line near the shock toward. You have it there I'm just not sure about your fittings.

If you mount your FPR in the same firewall location (by drilling mounting holes like the CTSC/Vortech RRFPR requires) then those lines will likely be of proper length. If you plan to mount it somewhere else on the other hand....

Back