• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tennessee Meet

Hey guys,
Been a few years since i organized the last Tennessee meet and i am going to start again if there is enough interest. It was great to get together with the locals and also the NSX's from KY, AL, NC, SC, FL and even the S2000's that were able to attend. Hope i didn't miss anyone's state.

We will probably try twice a year at least this time. All meets will have their own thread but would be linked from this main one. We can talk about them all here in the planning stages before they are posted. Feel free to discuss any meets in the area but please keep the pictures to a minimum as this is a informational thread.

Mike

-Next Meet-

Please check latest posts

Last edited:
I'd be up for meeting a few of the S.E. gang. I'm in Chattanooga.
-Robert

OK,
I think to start this off we should think about maybe doing a June/July Meet in east tennessee at the Dragon. Everyone
loves it there and it will be a beautiful time of year for the mountains.

On a side note.

I'm getting ready to put my car in to a shop in Nashville and if anyone would like to meet up while i'm there it
would be great. We have been offered the chance to meet at the shop and they have even offered to
throw us a cookout.

If we can time it right you may also get a chance to see your car in Honda-Tuning magazine :wink:

Mike

Sounds great. Need to get the ol Tennessee NSXs out of the woodwork again.

I will say though, June/July at the Dragon will be very crowded unless you plan to do it only once and spend the rest of the time cruising through the Skyway or something. They've already had some incidents this year and the police presence is overwhelming along with the big stream of Harleys that make their way through.

I'd check out US129's website (I believe) where they have a calendar of known events that happen on weekends and try to aim for an early to mid fall meet for the changing colors/less bikers. Just a suggestion because as this place gets more well known, more and more people show up every year.

I remember before I left for TX going up with some buddies and doing 25mph the whole way because this chopper ahead of us could barely negotiate the switchbacks and wouldn't move over to let anyone through.

+1 to Cherohalla Skyway...
The Dragon is a stupid magnet nowadays...it would be nice to tour some of the other awesome roads in the vicinity...my 2 cents.

Dragon will be very crowded unless you plan to do it only once and spend the rest of the time cruising through the Skyway or something.

Exactly what i had in mind.

The get together at the shop in Nashville will probably be in a few weeks. I will need to find out when the Honda-Tuning
magazine photographer will be there.

Mike

Last edited:
Hey guys that's awesome. It would really be cool to get some NSX's together in the magazine. Too bad i won't have all my mods done by then.

Mike

Mike,
Let us know the date for Nashville asap, regardless of whether or not photographers will be there. I think it would be great to hang out at a shop, talk smack and check out the NSXs. Nashville is so central, there is no excuse for not having a great turnout.

I'm also in agreement that the Dragon is too popular these days. Hell Bender, the Skyway and several other roads make for much better drives imo.

James

Mike,
Let us know the date for Nashville asap, regardless of whether or not photographers will be there. I think it would be great to hang out at a shop, talk smack and check out the NSXs. Nashville is so central, there is no excuse for not having a great turnout.

I'm also in agreement that the Dragon is too popular these days. Hell Bender, the Skyway and several other roads make for much better drives imo.

James

Hey James, i sure will.

Getting ready to place the orders for the last parts i need and i have to get a few pieces powder coated. Other then that i'm ready. My guess right now is 2-3 weeks.

Mike

Ok guys, I spoke with them today and we have set the date. They are also interested in helping us with future meets so let's try to have a good showing.

Mike

Last edited:
Ha! I won't have an NSX, but I think I'm actually driving home on that weekend from Little Rock to Knoxville.

Back