• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to find a "CLUTCH DIY" ?

Good to see you got it done. Was it the rps twin disc carbon carbon clutch you installed? I know the 5 speed wont take 3 quarts I dont know how much the oil the 6 speed takes but if you only filled it until it came out the hole how much you put in doesnt matter,just that it is full.

No, I have the RPS Single.

I wasn't able to get it to overflow with 3 quarts. I hope that's enough :eek:

My Transmission (6 speed) took 3 quarts without spilling out. Is that normal? I thought they only took 2.5?

Spec is 2.9 US qts, and that is VERY accurate. I suspect the car was not 100% level, since I have done well over 100 of these and is does not take 3 full qts if the car is level;).

Not really a big deal, as long as you did not go over 3 qts.

If it is too much, you will notice the breather weeping on top of the trans, ask me how I know;).

Regards,
LarryB

Spec is 2.9 US qts, and that is VERY accurate. I suspect the car was not 100% level, since I have done well over 100 of these and is does not take 3 full qts if the car is level;).

Not really a big deal, as long as you did not go over 3 qts.

If it is too much, you will notice the breather weeping on top of the trans, ask me how I know;).

Regards,
LarryB

Geez, you're like a mind reader. Yes, the rear end was on jack stands!

Thanks Larry!

glad you managed to get it done. so if you had to do it over again would you? I'm sure the next time you will be able to do it in half the time.

glad you managed to get it done. so if you had to do it over again would you? I'm sure the next time you will be able to do it in half the time.

Yeah, I'm helping a buddy do his in a few weeks. He has a lift and trans jack so it will be much easier the second time around.

I think what killed me the first day was the 92 degree weather. It's normally been in the 60's.

Geez, you're like a mind reader. Yes, the rear end was on jack stands!

Thanks Larry!

So if you think about where the fill hole is located, having it up in the back will raise the fill hole in reference to the entire trans. Again we are talking about 4 oz., not a big deal.

Glad you got it done, and all is OK.

Regards,
LarryB

Back