• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Flip Ferrari 458 - $427k

yeah someone should email ferrari I am sure they know who has them and can track the person down that has their name on the list to buy them

and NOT resell them 2 days later on a private listing

Maybe he ordered two. One to keep and one to sell.. marking up the 2nd one enough to pay for the 1st one. That's what I'd do.. Free Ferrari Spider :smile:

Nah not flipped.

It has 175 miles. That's like...half of a Ferrari's useful life gone.

Nah not flipped.

It has 175 miles. That's like...half of a Ferrari's useful life gone.

LOL thats the funniest thing I have heard all week.

that probably explains why F-cars are always low miles, they dont wanna risk it breaking down LOL

500 miles and it time for a complete overhaul/engine replacement.

almost like Ranger Rovers, " if there aint no oil under 'em there aint no oil in 'em " Cars 2

you made my day.

I don't see what's wrong with it. He owns the car. There is a limited supply and huge demand. He is going to make $100K profit on it. Why wouldn't you do it? Reinvest the money for a year then buy another one at or below MSRP!

Sure he might get kicked out of the local Ferrari's dealer "favored status" list but I bet another dealer will be more than happy to accomodate him in the future.

I don't see what's wrong with it. He owns the car. There is a limited supply and huge demand. He is going to make $100K profit on it. Why wouldn't you do it? Reinvest the money for a year then buy another one at or below MSRP!

Sure he might get kicked out of the local Ferrari's dealer "favored status" list but I bet another dealer will be more than happy to accomodate him in the future.

+1...there is no dealer in the country selling a 458 convertible for MSRP right now. Its a free market, if the dealer can profit off demand everyone else who owns the commodity should (and does) have the same right.

Just wait until the first new NSX is up for resale. I'll be surprised if the asking price isn't close to $100k over MSRP.

Exactly. It is a free market and he can certainly ask for whatever market value it has.
Steve

If this dealer wants to get on FNA shit list this is the way to do it. Next on the list gets first shot at it then when all options are exhausted then you might go the ebay route ......maybe:rolleyes:

I don't know why people get all emotional about this kind of stuff.

Used to do it - don't care what others think and I guarantee everyone would do it if they were in that position. Of course nowadays it's much harder than 10 years ago with the economy.

Market commands the price so just like stocks, this guy invests xxx,xxx money into a car. If it flops it's his risk, if he makes money it's also his.

FNA and all their rules won't stop this. I know many dishonest dealers are NOT allowed to mark up new cars over MSRP so they purposely do behind the scene deals to pretend it's used by selling it to a said owner only to buy it right back. Voila, now it's a used car so they can mark it up.

C'mon if anyone here has this car, you can't honestly make us believe you won't resell it at "market" price?

I don't know why people get all emotional about this kind of stuff.

Used to do it - don't care what others think and I guarantee everyone would do it if they were in that position. Of course nowadays it's much harder than 10 years ago with the economy.

Market commands the price so just like stocks, this guy invests xxx,xxx money into a car. If it flops it's his risk, if he makes money it's also his.

FNA and all their rules won't stop this. I know many dishonest dealers are NOT allowed to mark up new cars over MSRP so they purposely do behind the scene deals to pretend it's used by selling it to a said owner only to buy it right back. Voila, now it's a used car so they can mark it up.

C'mon if anyone here has this car, you can't honestly make us believe you won't resell it at "market" price?

totally agreed, people these days for no reason hating dealership making money, while they are perfectly ok with people flipping houses. a 20 yrs old nsx shouldn't cost more than 20k either. it should be less than $10k, anyone want to sell me one?

I love Ferraris but at that price point why wouldn't you buy a Carrera GT?

Because it's slower, especially when Joe Blow is driving it? Harder to drive? Not as fast on a track? Arguably less attractive? Is at least six years older? Only comes in a manual transmission?

I remember when the F430 spider came out, they went for as much as $375k new!

So what's the big deal?

FNA wouldn't do shit because MSRP is just a suggested price.

Because it's slower, especially when Joe Blow is driving it? Harder to drive? Not as fast on a track? Arguably less attractive? Is at least six years older? Only comes in a manual transmission?

Like I mentioned I love Ferraris (more than Porsches) but no way in hell the 458 is better looking than a Carrera GT. In fact the front end of the 458 isn't better than the 430.

So based on years would you take an Enzo or 458 spider (assuming both the same price).

Carrera GT (just like the Enzo) is the utlimate in car design/engineering. The 458 is the "regular" Ferrari (if there is such a thing).

Really somebody would actually choose a super car based on manual or paddle shift?!

Back