Thread: help on speakers!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: help on speakers!

is there a way to have new speakers without cutting holes in the panels for the tweeters? I want to eventally have a DD unit in my car with new speakers and amps but I really dont want to cut any holes in the panels.
    2000 GPW CTSC
    2007 GSX-R600

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    is there a way to have new speakers without cutting holes in the panels for the tweeters? I want to eventally have a DD unit in my car with new speakers and amps but I really dont want to cut any holes in the panels.
    You can install them in the speaker plates like BluryNSX. IMHO, it sounds just fine this way.

..........夢のチカラ..........
    .....Yume no Chikara.....
    ..The Power of Dreams..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TURBO2GO View Post
    I think it's just discontinued at crutchfield? Did you try elsewhere? This is not an ideal piece, it is designed for a portable but it does have fantastic electronics built in. We will see more stuff like this soon. But at $180 this is the most bang for the buck improvement you can make. Mine does still lock up once in a while I hope they have fixed this issue because it's a PITA.
    Well I have a 7 or 9 channel pioneer eq? I have to check but what sucks it that since I have songs on my ipod which have different bass levels. I have to constantly adjust it when lets say a rock song plays and i need to turn the bass levels up and when I play R & B or hip hop the bass is too boomy and then I need to adjust it down again. It looks like this piece does the adjusting for you which I like versus me having to adjust the dials depending on the songs.

I'll take a picture for you and maybe you can give me an idea where to set the dials at.
    RIP LEN3.8 2006, Eric Hirokane 2006, Brian Lee 2007, Edward Liu 2008, Daniel Amiel 2008, Jeff Ling 2010, Grandpa 2010
    Join NSXCA Member ID #2691 http://nsxca.org
    www.barrytanaka.com

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ediddynsx View Post
    Damn you Dave you got me looking at getting the The JBL MS-2 and its discontinued now what?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-UPD9hSe...Optimizer.html
    amazon.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ediddynsx View Post
    Well I have a 7 or 9 channel pioneer eq? I have to check but what sucks it that since I have songs on my ipod which have different bass levels. I have to constantly adjust it when lets say a rock song plays and i need to turn the bass levels up and when I play R & B or hip hop the bass is too boomy and then I need to adjust it down again. It looks like this piece does the adjusting for you which I like versus me having to adjust the dials depending on the songs.

I'll take a picture for you and maybe you can give me an idea where to set the dials at.
    No that is not what this piece does at all, what this unit does is tune the system to the car's acoustics. It's most important contribution is that it adjusts time delay and phasing issues created by poor speaker locations and the car's acoustics. On top of that it sets the frequency response through an EQ which the only thing you have and you are trying to do it manually. This unit cannot compensate for various recordings or music types. What you really need is a separate subwoofer control as your simplest solution. What is probably happening is that you have too much EQ going on at particular frequencies to make up for deficiencies elsewhere and when certain songs hit those frequencies hard, you are getting an uneven and unnatural sound.

Can you tell me what your whole system is? The OP seems to not be here anymore so I think it's ok if we hijack the thread a little.
    '05 silverstone. CTSC. ARC Titanium. GT1-F1 headers. JRZ Race dampers, Carbon Ceramic BBK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TURBO2GO View Post
    No that is not what this piece does at all, what this unit does is tune the system to the car's acoustics. It's most important contribution is that it adjusts time delay and phasing issues created by poor speaker locations and the car's acoustics. On top of that it sets the frequency response through an EQ which the only thing you have and you are trying to do it manually. This unit cannot compensate for various recordings or music types. What you really need is a separate subwoofer control as your simplest solution. What is probably happening is that you have too much EQ going on at particular frequencies to make up for deficiencies elsewhere and when certain songs hit those frequencies hard, you are getting an uneven and unnatural sound.

Can you tell me what your whole system is? The OP seems to not be here anymore so I think it's ok if we hijack the thread a little.

Dave,

I'll take a pic for you when I get the chance thanks and thanks etang I'll look there....duh to myself.

E
    RIP LEN3.8 2006, Eric Hirokane 2006, Brian Lee 2007, Edward Liu 2008, Daniel Amiel 2008, Jeff Ling 2010, Grandpa 2010
    Join NSXCA Member ID #2691 http://nsxca.org
    www.barrytanaka.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List