• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tips on install---AEM FPR

Thanks.

How do you actually install a Pressure gauge on top of the AEM FPR just in case i went that route?

Would the K-Tuned gauge fit or does it have to be a special size?

Install is easy but can someone clarify how i set this up to match factory Fuel Pressure regulator?

1) If i install a gauge on the fuel filter first which i have.
2) measure factory FPR pressure at idle from the gauge on the fuel filter?
3) install AEM FPR and set it up to pressure taken from #2?

Is this the correct way to go about it? or do i need to set it up to a specific pressure? can i set it up at idle or do i need to do it at a certain rpm?

The AEM manual does actually list the NSX and says 46-53PSI however that's a fairly big scope and doesn't say if at idle or what ever and if it can be measured from the fuel filter, which i believe it can as previously answered in the thread.

Install is easy but can someone clarify how i set this up to match factory Fuel Pressure regulator?

1) If i install a gauge on the fuel filter first which i have.
2) measure factory FPR pressure at idle from the gauge on the fuel filter?
3) install AEM FPR and set it up to pressure taken from #2?

Is this the correct way to go about it? or do i need to set it up to a specific pressure? can i set it up at idle or do i need to do it at a certain rpm?

The AEM manual does actually list the NSX and says 46-53PSI however that's a fairly big scope and doesn't say if at idle or what ever and if it can be measured from the fuel filter, which i believe it can as previously answered in the thread.

You can use the pressure reading from the gauge installed on the fuel filter. There are two pressure readings spec'd in the NSX service manual. One with the vacuum hose disconnected from the FPR (will be the 46-53psi) and the other reading when that vacuum hose is connected to the FPR (36-44 IIRC). These readings are at idle with engine warmed up. Just loosen the locknut on the FPR and use an Allen wrench to adjust the set screw in or out to get the pressure you want.

Back