• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tips on install---AEM FPR

About to install a few parts before I go FI. My car is currently not FI, but I am going to install a AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator, walbro 255, and change the fuel filter with a fuel pressure gauge.

Is there anything I should know before I install the FPR? Looks pretty straight forward. Unbolt and disconnect vacuum line, and replace (with new O ring). Is that it? Thanks

Are you using the factory fuel rail, the CT fuel rail assuming you're going CTSC, or are you mounting it remotely...say on the rear firewall?

I am going the use the factory fuel rail. The AEM should bolt direct to the OEM fuel line. Plan on going with AP-X turbo it.

Last edited:
You should be able to re-use the OEM aluminum crush washers, you will need to use the AEM adapter that fits the stock fuel line, it has an o-ring to seal it.

Do not drop the bolts!

You should be able to re-use the OEM aluminum crush washers, you will need to use the AEM adapter that fits the stock fuel line, it has an o-ring to seal it.

Do not drop the bolts!

Thanks! Is that included in the aem for kit? Have not looked in box yet.

According to the Aem website it fits to the Factory rail.

Interesting to see pics once it's fitted.

According to the Aem website it fits to the Factory rail.

Interesting to see pics once it's fitted.

The NSX uses the same footprint as many other Honda/Acura regs.

Why are you installing the AEM FPR. The stock FPR is 1:1 and proven reliable. Unless you need to bump up the pressure because you are running injectors that are too small the stock should suffice.

Just finished the install.

Tips:

Take off fuel rail to mount. A lot easier to tighten the bolts. Make sure to have a few rags for the fuel. Buy a new hose clamp for the fuel line. Took me 30 minutes on my first try.

any pics?

IMG_20120613_200640.jpg

IMG_20120613_200634.jpg

IMG_20120613_200640.jpg

Last edited:
allen head screw on top and the lock nut. pretty easy. I one on my car

Thanks,

but how do you know how much to turn the lock nut and how much pressure you have or even how much you even want to achieve?

Lets say you have a fuel pressure gauge on the filter, does will this show how much pressure the FPR is set to?

Last edited:
Thanks,

but how do you know how much to turn the lock nut and how much pressure you have or even how much you even want to achieve?

Lets say you have a fuel pressure gauge on the filter, does will this show how much pressure the FPR is set to?

Yes the gauge on the filter will show the pressure the FPR is set to. The amount you want is based on your fuel system, fuel (horsepower) demands, boost levels, and other factors. Most people don't need an adjustable regulator unless they are trying to get more fuel without upgrading to larger injectors. Unless you want 500-550+ A stock regulator would work fine with properly sized injectors.

I've designed a web app to help people figure out what fuel pressure, injectors, and fuel pump will meet their goals.

http://webpages.charter.net/hybrdthry911/fuel/fuel_pump_web_app.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another thread with some good fuel pressure information:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/159775-school-me-on-the-AEM-1-1-FPR

Last edited:
Back