• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Building a $50K Track Tool to beat $500K Track Tools

To clarify aren't those our end links? I could have sworn you bought a set from Source 1
They sure are and they really nicely made! Total brain fade on my part. Post corrected. Must be my 'Sometimers' kicking in.

They sure are and they really nicely made! Total brain fade on my part. Post corrected. Must be my 'Sometimers' kicking in.

No problem, I was looking at invoices thinking I had lost my mind and I didn't sell you a set. Thanks!

Tim comes thru again!
Would love to hear more of your impressions of the trophy bar and if you notice any major difference in the low, med, high settings. It's high on my list. Please let us know if you notice any affects on ride quality too!
Will do, ride quality (street) is unaffected and they are noise free. I used a lot of grease on installation though. The real test will be on 06/16 @ Infineon. Last time I ran there I had a stock LSD (OSG now), 4.55 FD (4.06 now) and smaller sway bars. Hopefully my lap times will be affected.

Thanks, Pb, it's definitely an on going concern with my track tires only. what brand of are you using?

I'm on ADO7s now but I've run AX Hoosiers with no ill effects. Waiting to run with A005s...we'll see how that goes. :)

I have dave's end links. Whats the benefit? LOL... I just buy parts and install. Can you tell me what they do? just no compliance?

Hi 1K2GO,

Is that a 1" trophy bar?

Does the trophy bar require an adjustable end links?
Would love to hear an answer too. My guess is it's probably recommended but not necessary.

I have dave's end links. Whats the benefit? LOL... I just buy parts and install. Can you tell me what they do? just no compliance?
Asides from the obvious fitment bonuses it allows you to better corner balance the car. That's my understanding at least. I haven't installed mine yet.

Adjustable end link are only needed if for some reason one side is not at the same height as the other. Maybe true after corner balancing.
You really only need an adjustable link on one side.

The stock end links don't have any compliance.

Does the trophy bar require an adjustable end links?
You could probably get away with the oem end links if you only intended to use the closest hole which limits your adjustability. Also, along with being more tunable, the adjustable end links are considerably stronger than the oem links. When you start upgrading your suspension with higher spring rates and big sway bars, this will put considerably more stress on those poor puny oem end links and if you track your car, they will eventually fail. Seen it happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a reason why you didn't get the 1.125" Trophy bar?
The 1.125 trophy bar was not available. Hell, it took 3rd part intervention to get the 1" trophy bar.

Installed the rear Source 1 adjustable end links and managed to finesse them onto the inner perch/hole.
I'll probably install the rear 1" trophy bar before my track day and use the 1st hole initially on the rear.

After I finished admiring my work I tore back into the front bar to see if I could persuade it onto the inner perch/hole.
It's definitely at the limit of the heim joint but its on. I could definitely feel the difference on the test drive.
The car has a slight bit more under steer and feels 'flatter' in mid-corner.

Final prep for my upcoming weekend at Infineon/Sonoma/Sears Point Raceway w/NASA. Finished my sway bar upgrade project off by swapping out my rear 7/8ths" Comptech bar with a Dali 1" Trophy bar to match the front. The rear bar went on much more easily than the front with no modification necessary. I set the Source1 adjustable end links on the middle hole. Initial test drive felt great with minimum body roll but the track will be the final judge.
Comptech bar (top) Trophy bar (bottom)

passenger side

drivers side

underneath

let us know whether the car gets loose with that big rear bar.

Will do , John, I was very reluctant to use the rear trophy bar but Shad twisted my arm and called me a little girl. :biggrin: He says that my OS Giken will benefit from the increased stiffness. Same set-up as Kip's car. We'll find out next weekend. Watch this space...

what are your spring rates again?

what are your spring rates again?

Little girl rates...

- - - Updated - - -

Rob can you send me your address again? I erased it by accident. I had more red Advan stickers made.

lol..I like that nickname for Dave.....Drift queen....:biggrin:

lol..I like that nickname for Dave.....Drift queen....:biggrin:

Your TK spoiler pricing is in my hands.. don't forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't recall what we put on (Sometimers) but we have discussed increasing them next.

- - - Updated - - -

Listen drift queen... those that live in glass houses... :tongue:

pm sent

What glass houses? I stepped up to the plate and got 1000/600. That is 18/11 KG. That's a man spring right there.

Back