• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

River Run Date June 23 - Saturday

Can you guys please post the meeting location/address. I recall being there, and I know it is over the bridge on the PA side of the Delaware, but too old to actually remember how to get there;). I know we will come down from the NY area together, but want to put it into the Nav:)

Thanks,
LarryB

Can you guys please post the meeting location/address. I recall being there, and I know it is over the bridge on the PA side of the Delaware, but too old to actually remember how to get there;). I know we will come down from the NY area together, but want to put it into the Nav:)

Thanks,
LarryB

We will tell you at the Sheraton............:tongue:

River Run Details -

Meeting Place :

Delaware Canal State Park
11 Lodi Hill Road
Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972-9540
9:30am Meet Time, 10:00am Departure

PayPal Payments:

What is the cost? $39 per person (which includes lunch)
NOTE: NSXCA Membership Required ($40/yr)

Please submit payment to the NSXCA’s PayPal account: [email protected]
(Note: a PayPal account is not required)
Please note in PayPal’s comment section the name of your guest, if any.

End of Run Lunch Location:

Indian Rock Inn
2206 River Road
Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972

I can't come! My shop mgr., Alan just told me his daughter is graduating this Sat!!!

So, any chance there will be coffee at the meeting spot? I either need to drive really fast, get up really early or manage a combo of both as I am leaving from DC :p

Joe I AM SO VERY BUMMED OUT! What is a River Run without you and Janet! Whah!!!. I guess the idea of an Unexpected Holiday (unpaid of course) isn't in the cards, huh?

Could you leave really early and join us for lunch? We can always do another drive AFTER lunch. You know I'm always up for that and I can't imagine Chuck and a few others turning that down. And follow that up with a trip to Grounds for Sculpture which I know Janet really liked. You can stay over and head home on Sunday. Just an idea!

I can't come! My shop mgr., Alan just told me his daughter is graduating this Sat!!!

I won't even give you a rash of sh#* for working, but . . . it has been awhile since you've joined us. No good pictures anymore :frown:, oh well.

(Alan, Bob, and Tony, just ignore the above statement. Just trying to get him to come to the damn event. :) )

I may have to work now so I maybe out this sat for the run:frown:

Joe I AM SO VERY BUMMED OUT! What is a River Run without you and Janet! Whah!!!. I guess the idea of an Unexpected Holiday (unpaid of course) isn't in the cards, huh?

Could you leave really early and join us for lunch? We can always do another drive AFTER lunch. You know I'm always up for that and I can't imagine Chuck and a few others turning that down. And follow that up with a trip to Grounds for Sculpture which I know Janet really liked. You can stay over and head home on Sunday. Just an idea!

I know ................. I'm bummed out about Joe San as well! :frown::frown:

So, any chance there will be coffee at the meeting spot? I either need to drive really fast, get up really early or manage a combo of both as I am leaving from DC :p

We don't do the coffee thing there (though I am so totally with you on needing it). IHere are some places where you can stop on the way up for your cuppa joe that won't be too far from the start point. Or stop by our place for a cup and followup us up though we are set for a 8am departure. I make a great cup of Keurig. :biggrin:

Corporate Coffee (Starbucks) on Route 31 (on the way up on the NJ side)
Lambertville 2 coffee shops on Main Street (connects with Route 29) parking easy at that time of day. This is on the on NJ side and Corporate Coffee and Dunkin Donut's colored water on the New Hope side Route 32 (on the way up on the PA side).

Closer to the start site would be to go past Lodi Hill Rd, to Bridgeton Hill Rd and there is a 'grocery store/coffee house' where they roast their own coffee. The best iced coffee ever as their ice cubes are frozen coffee.

Hope that helps!

Closer to the start site would be to go past Lodi Hill Rd, to Bridgeton Hill Rd and there is a 'grocery store/coffee house' where they roast their own coffee. The best iced coffee ever as their ice cubes are frozen coffee.

Hope that helps!
Quite a bit, thanks! While the idea of knocking on your door is appealing, we are going to skirt NJ and cut north in to PA before hitting Philly; this was Google's suggestion and it seems to be a good idea to me. So as it turns out we will be going past Bridgeton Hill Rd on our way to Lodi Hill Rd, so a stop may be in order especially with a recommendation like that!

Here's my mapquest directions. Any roads I should avoid?

9. Stay straight to go onto I-95 N (Crossing into Pennsylvania).

6.6 mi
10. Take the I-476 N exit, EXIT 7, toward Plymouth Meeting.

0.6 mi
11. Merge onto I-476 N/Pennsylvania Tpke Northeast Ext via the exit on the left toward Plymouth Meeting (Portions toll).

20.1 mi
12. Merge onto I-276 E/Pennsylvania Turnpike toward New Jersey (Portions toll).

9.1 mi
13. Merge onto PA-611 N via EXIT 343 toward Doylestown/Horsham/Nas JRB Willow Grove.

27.0 mi
14. Stay straight to go onto Marienstein Rd.

0.3 mi
15. Take the 1st left to stay on Marienstein Rd.
If you are on Beaver Run Rd and reach Quarry Rd you've gone about 0.7 miles too far

2.6 mi
16. Marienstein Rd becomes Bridgeton Hill Rd.

1.7 mi
17. Turn right onto Chestnut Ridge Rd.
Chestnut Ridge Rd is 0.2 miles past Fairview Ln
Tara is on the corner
If you reach Skyline Dr you've gone about 0.2 miles too far

1.7 mi
18. Chestnut Ridge Rd becomes Upper Tinicum Church Rd.

0.05 mi
19. Turn left onto Lodi Hill Rd (Portions unpaved).
If you reach Union School Rd you've gone about 0.6 miles too far

0.3 mi
[1-111] LODI HILL RD.
If you reach Red Cliff Rd you've gone about 0.2 miles too far

Don and Pooh reminded everyone that parts of Lodi road are gravel:eek: so just take rt 32 along the river to lodi road.

where is a good place to pick up rt 32?

I am following a similar route to you, but rather than turning off on Marienstein Rd, I will stay straight on 611 and continue going north. 611 with then junction iwth 32 at the river and you can head right and follow River Rd down to Lodi. Its less direct but avoids the smaller roads.

Quite a bit, thanks! While the idea of knocking on your door is appealing, we are going to skirt NJ and cut north in to PA before hitting Philly; this was Google's suggestion and it seems to be a good idea to me. So as it turns out we will be going past Bridgeton Hill Rd on our way to Lodi Hill Rd, so a stop may be in order especially with a recommendation like that!

I know a place where they have lasagna if your interested. Of course it not really as big as you're use to and they don't hand out any certificates:biggrin:

So meet
Delaware Canal State Park
11 Lodi Hill Road
Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972

At 9:30???

yes but roll out is'nt till 10:30 so everyone has a chance to arrive/get situated

Back