• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TE37 Super Lap 18x10.5 +45 Rear Fitment?

Even though this is a size that Rays does not offer for the TE37s anymore (it has been discontinued since 2006), some members on Supraforums are trying to get Rays to make a one time run in this special size. If I recall correctly this is a fitment that would work well on an NSX, and I wanted some confirmation of this as well as feedback as to if there is any interest in arranging for Rays to make these (it can be done with enough interest according to them).

Last edited:
The rear size will fit but a few questions:
1) Why 10.5"? The size of the tire meant for a NSX rear (a 275/35/18 or 265/35/18) would fit a 9.5" or 10" (both of which will be lighter).
2) What are you going to do about the fronts? You'd need Rays to make a matching front set in 17x8..

Hi Adrian,

1) Besides the advantage of being able to run 285 or 295s in the back with the 10.5 inch wheel, I think part of the appeal would also have two aesthetic components. The 18x10.5 +45 size has a quite concave face, so one could get that look without having to resort to an offset far from stock, and secondly were the wheel to be used with a 275 tire it would have just the very slightest of stretch to it (285 would be square).

2. In the case of the MKIV Supra, the fronts are not as big of an issue since the ideal fitment 18x9.5 +40 is still a size which Rays makes and stocks as part of their 'normal production.' I know they also stock 17x8.5+ 40 as a size that is readily available. Would that work on an NSX front? If so, it really boils down to manufacturing the 18x10.5 +45 to make this all work.

The rear size will fit but a few questions:
1) Why 10.5"? The size of the tire meant for a NSX rear (a 275/35/18 or 265/35/18) would fit a 9.5" or 10" (both of which will be lighter).
2) What are you going to do about the fronts? You'd need Rays to make a matching front set in 17x8..

Is the TE 37 Super Lap different from a TE 37?

Rays removed material in certain areas of the original TE37 (supposedly with the aid of computers) in such a way that the strength of the wheel was not diminished and in which there was a weight savings of about 1lb on an 18x10.5 wheel. I can't seem to find the flyer from 2010 when they were introduced which shows specifically where the wheel design was trimmed. They also made it available with a new finish, 'pressed graphite,' although I think they are available in other finishes now as well.

4791195141_eb263dc97d_b.jpg

If you want concave rear fitment on these then Rays has another option. See my install thread here. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145254.

Awesome wheels by the way...the finish is extremely nice on these and they are light! I noticed a difference immediately vs. The stock forged 16 and 17's. Glad I didn't go with the +22 in the rear...that just doesn't look right for a stock body.

Hi Torafugu,

Yes the 18x10 +40 is readily available and satisfies the size/offset to end up being a wheel with a concave face. The only thing is that the +45 offset (in the case of the MKIV) makes the difference between being able to run a 275 or even 285 tire without any sort of fender modification or deviance from normal camber settings, or making some sort of compromise. In that application, the apparently small 5mm amount ends up making a significant difference in terms of the sacrifice one needs to make to get the wheels to fit properly. May I ask, how close is the tire to your rear fender?

If you want concave rear fitment on these then Rays has another option. See my install thread here. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145254.

Awesome wheels by the way...the finish is extremely nice on these and they are light! I noticed a difference immediately vs. The stock forged 16 and 17's. Glad I didn't go with the +22 in the rear...that just doesn't look right for a stock body.

Yes the 18x10 +40 is readily available and satisfies the size/offset to end up being a wheel with a concave face. The only thing is that the +45 offset (in the case of the MKIV) makes the difference between being able to run a 275 or even 285 tire without any sort of fender modification or deviance from normal camber settings, or making some sort of compromise. In that application, the apparently small 5mm amount ends up making a significant difference in terms of the sacrifice one needs to make to get the wheels to fit properly. May I ask, how close is the tire to your rear fender?

The fitment is evenly flush when viewed from the top on the rear and very close to flush on the fronts. I am lowered around 1 inch from stock on Bilstein shocks, lower perch. There is no rubbing at all, front or rear even under tight cornering or lock to lock turning. This is a no mess no fuss fit...without spacers. The 275 series Yokohama s-drives are square with the rim. I have absolutely no complaints about the grip from these and have yet to break them loose. It is nicely balanced.

I think that 18x10.5 and 17x8.5 could be a size that would achieve the look that some are after.

Well, it looks like this fitment has a decent chance now to actually be made. After communication with Rays, it looks like they will make an order of 10 sets, and there is a list now of orders growing on Supra Forums.

Last edited:
Seeing that this a specific order from Rays, how much are they pricing this set? I might be interested since I'm running TE37 17/18 non-concave. Can you post the link to the thread from Supraforum? :cool: Thanks in advance.

Well, hopefully the moderators don't have a problem with me posting this link (and if they do, I hope they simply delete this), but the pricing is $3399 which includes a free set of Muteki lugnuts. But, that price includes the 18x9.5 fronts, not the 17x8.5 fronts which would be cheaper. The MSRP of the 17x8.5 is about $120 cheaper than the 18x9.5 so I would GUESS (again I don't represent the SF guys in any way), that the the NSX fitment would be about $200 or so cheaper than the price mentioned above.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?669182-2012-Volk-Racing-TE37-Super-Lap-Group-Buy

Seeing that this a specific order from Rays, how much are they pricing this set? I might be interested since I'm running TE37 17/18 non-concave. Can you post the link to the thread from Supraforum? :cool: Thanks in advance.

Ok, got an official price for the 'NSX' 17F, 18R fitment.

Sizing for this Group Buy:
17x8.5 +40 Offset
18x10.5 +45 Offset

GROUP BUY PRICE:
$3199 + SHIPPING + Free Muteki Lug Nuts in Open/Closed End.

Back