• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help is needed.

I need major work completed on my 94 NSX. A local gentleman posted that he had moved here from Cali and that he knows the NSX very well. He mentioned that he was working at John Eagle Acura and could diagnose my car. I fell into financial hardships and couldn't afford any repairs, so I parked the car. This has been more than 1-1/2 years ago and I can no longer find his thread or message that I sent him. Did he move back to California? If so, I may have to do the unthinkable. :frown:

Gman, what type of issues are you having?

After sitting for 1 1/2 year, he will need a lot of work. Change and flush out all of the fluids and fuel for sure, who knows what else is going bad. I hope it wasn't just sitting outside. :frown:
Call Carl @ Sterling Mccall Lexus or Dave. Dave is not longer working at the Dealership.

I remember the post by that guy from Cali. I don't think he was a mechanic. Just a service advisor who moved here.
Unfortunately, I can't help since Carl was my go to guy and he's already been named here.

I am Dave. I believe the guy you are talking about is Josh Jacobs at John eagle. He is a service advisor and not a tech. If you are wanting to go thru a shop I now work at c&c's northside motors. Also known as track time performance. I still do some stuff on the side.

Z...i have an oil leak that may be coming from the rear main seal, I also know that the brake master cylinder is going out, and I need to replace the headlight switch. It has been garaged and every so often I'll drive it around to get the oil, gas, and other fluids flowing. But no significant driving. I assumed he was a mechanic by the way he spoke through email. Thanks for the info guys...it's due to have work done, but the $ wasn't there. That's also why I've been absent on the forum and any car meets.

Z...i have an oil leak that may be coming from the rear main seal, I also know that the brake master cylinder is going out, and I need to replace the headlight switch. It has been garaged and every so often I'll drive it around to get the oil, gas, and other fluids flowing. But no significant driving. I assumed he was a mechanic by the way he spoke through email. Thanks for the info guys...it's due to have work done, but the $ wasn't there. That's also why I've been absent on the forum and any car meets.

Ok, well this is kind of good news. These aren't as serious as I first thought reading through your first post. I was thinking you blew your engine or something. Give Dave a ring....he's also on your side of town.

Thanks for the replies and recommendations guys. I decided to go with David..."he's" in your hands now Dave. :smile:

So it's been 3 months and 2 weeks since I paid to have the master cylinder replaced along with a few seals. The master cylinder has been completed, but the cam and vtech seals are leaking worse than before. I have sent 1 text message since May 31 st regarding this issue, but have been left "hanging". I am very patient and have respected his personal time, job, and space by not showing up to his home, job, nor calling his phone. But after 3 months, I'm here to inform others to not trust individuals to perform work on your vehicles no matter if they are a member on this site or not. Having a shop do the work at least provides invoices, documentation, and eliminates excuses of why they can't work on your car while avoiding you. Giving up hard earned money with no results is not fun and I would rather no one else get taken for a ride by a tech on NSX Prime offering to do "side" work.

Bummer. If this doesn't work out, I use Justin at Sterling McCall and have been pleased. I will note I've not had to have anything major done

Back