• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Karting/Bowling/Sim Racing July 8, 2012

I started a thread here and there is enough interest to hold the event so I have blocked out July 8 beginning at 11:00 am as follows:

The facility is Grand Prix New York and their website is http://www.gpny.com/

We will have a variety of activities and everyone, plus their guests, may participate in any combination or all:

1. Karting on indoor track with speeds up to 45 mph in Sodi 6.5 hp gas karts. Helmets/firesuits provided by GPNY

2. Bowling - including bumpers for any kids (sorry guys, if you are "of age" you ain't getting bumpers.......)

3. Racing simulators using iRacing software - could be open lapping, could be head to head - program can be suited to our group if there is enough interest

As of right now, they are blocking off the track times for us and a preliminary package involves the following:

a) Two races (including day membership fee) plus lunch for $80
b) Bowling would be $10-12 per person including shoe rental
c) Sim not part of package but generally works out to $1 per minute per person depending upon whether the group is interested in adding in this as well

I will try to get an allocation from the NSXCA from our regional funds to assist and my idea is to use any of those monies to add a third race that would take the top drivers and pit them against each other in a final race.

Please add your name to the list so I can get a better idea of headcount and block off enough space at GPNY, including asking for our own parking area so that the NSXs may be on display.

***EVENT CANCELED***

Last edited:
p.s. when rsvp'ing, please indicate whether you will be doing karting and/or bowling. No need to rsvp for sim just yet. we have more flexibility with that.

1. RSO 34 - karting/bowling
2. RSO 34 "secret weapon" - karting

The Don (bowling & karting) and Pooh (karting, karting, karting, karting, karting)

The Don (bowling & karting) and Pooh (karting, karting, karting, karting, karting)

'Hi' to the secret weapon!
Do you repeat yourself often?
Do you repeat yourself often?

You do know that the "secret weapon", will kick your butt on the karting track!!!:eek:

Sorry Bob
As expected going to be away that weekend.

Apologies but i'm sure it's going to be a fun day!

I think you need another email blast since many of the crew have not been lurking around Prime lately :cool:

Have fun and don't forget to "release the seacwet weapon"

The Don just blasted everyone last week.

P.s. I had the record for 9 minutes yesterday until the secret weapon beat it by over .2 of a second. Poohkie beware......

The Don just blasted everyone last week.

P.s. I had the record for 9 minutes yesterday until the secret weapon beat it by over .2 of a second. Poohkie beware......

I didn't say bad things about everybody! :wink:

I have a plan to undermine the 'Secret Weapon'.

I going to be working on some weight reduction for my kart. That should help out with karting speeds and if I was the Secret Weapon, I'd be a little bit concerned about some vehicle sabotage: a little bit of sugar in the tank, an unplanned tire change. You know these things can happen.

Well, actually my plan is to come in 2nd after the Secret Weapon so I guess it really isn't much of a plan.

I have a plan to undermine the 'Secret Weapon'.

I going to be working on some weight reduction for my kart. That should help out with karting speeds and if I was the Secret Weapon, I'd be a little bit concerned about some vehicle sabotage: a little bit of sugar in the tank, an unplanned tire change. You know these things can happen.

Well, actually my plan is to come in 2nd after the Secret Weapon so I guess it really isn't much of a plan.

As the weapon will be happy to tell you"
2nd place=first loser
:biggrin:

Bump to throw down the gauntlet to see who has the guts to take on a 14 yr old girl.

No pressure but she just won the first round of the Pinnacle Cup last night taking the $100 first prize and earning the first of 13 spots in the summer finale. And she beat over 100 adults in the process. After having the two fastest times of the night, with a little over a half hour left in the competition she was knocked down to third when another racer had a lightning lap a half second faster than her best and .2 faster than her all time best lap. In her final race of the evening (she won 3 of 4 and took second - to me - in the other) she not only took the title but lowered the record by another .3

So is there anyone out there willing to challenge "The Intimidator"?

Last edited:
I would, but unfortunately on that day I will be in the Caribean drinking Rum Chinolas on the beach.:biggrin:

Good luck to the secret weapon!

Tytus

Bump

There seemed to be more interest in this when first started so bumping it now to see if I need to cancel the event. Will need to start collecting some money soon so if you want it to happen please rsvp here before we have to call it off. I don't want the facility to turn down other bookings for that date if are unable to get a group together.

Thanks.

Unfortunately the date of July 8th isn't good for me so I can't go. I'll be arriving back from Florida the 8th or 9th of July so I won't have enough time to make it or won't be here in MA at all.

Back