Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSX vs Porsche 911 GT3RS at Infineon Raceway (Sears Point)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSX vs Porsche 911 GT3RS at Infineon Raceway (Sears Point)

Hello Prime-mates
    Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) 04/23/12 - In car video of my NSX weaving thru an endless parade of Corvettes, then chasing down a Porsche 911GT3RS only to lose my clutch just as I was setting him up in the carousel.
    Stock motor with KW V3 coilovers, Stoptech BBK & Toyo R888 tires.
    Filmed with a Replay XDHD video camera. Enjoy!

NSX vs Porsche GT3RS
    NA1 Coupe, 2800lb. 406whp. C30A/2.3L. Driving Ambition/CTSC, JDM 4:06 FD, OS Giken LSD, KWV3 w/Eibach Springs, All NonCompliance, Trophy Bars, Stoptech BBK, BAW & Aero Bits
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: NSX vs Porsche 911 GT3RS at Infineon Raceway (Sears Point)

That track looks awesome with the elevation changes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boy that is a great track..brought back some fond memories from xpo(shiped the bee out) the last turn is a hoot,so many different lines/drift option...and then the multi apex run up the first hill.. just alot of fun.....btw what skill level of run group was that?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome vid!!! Great great driving. Who said the NSX can't perform on the track!!!!
    Chris
    OEM Lime Green Metallic NSX

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by synth19 View Post
    That track looks awesome with the elevation changes.
    Words cannot describe how fun Infineon is. I'd run there if the Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Club was running, and its only 45min. from my door! I've got two more dates there this month and I've got some surprises up my sleeve in store for them
    NA1 Coupe, 2800lb. 406whp. C30A/2.3L. Driving Ambition/CTSC, JDM 4:06 FD, OS Giken LSD, KWV3 w/Eibach Springs, All NonCompliance, Trophy Bars, Stoptech BBK, BAW & Aero Bits
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by docjohn View Post
    btw what skill level of run group was that?
    That was HOD's (Hooked on Driving) Advanced/expert group. It was 1st session of the day and my clutch exploded on the 3rd green flag lap

The good news is they gave me a full credit including garage! I'll be back on 05/17 to finish what I started with those pesky GT3RS's
    Last edited by 1K2GO; 05-03-2012 at 19:32.
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow. never seen a group issue a refund. that was very nice of them.

sent from my crappy cell phone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CL65 Captain View Post
    wow. never seen a group issue a refund. that was very nice of them.
    totally unsolicited and completely unexpected. Tip o the hat to HOD.
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nsxot1c View Post
    Awesome vid!!! Great great driving. Who said the NSX can't perform on the track!!!!
    Thanks, that was only session 1, lap 3. I was just getting started

I don't have a clue who said the NSX can't perform, but they were dead wrong.
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1K2GO View Post
    Thanks, that was only session 1, lap 3. I was just getting started

I don't have a clue who said the NSX can't perform, but they were dead wrong.
    i don't know how many people bet my car has a supercharger or turbo in that thing, and then silently walked away after they know i have less hp than their wive's cars.

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Driving! Your lines are very good BUT......well since you have the "attachments" to post a video then you know we are going to comment.

Some criticisms:
    1. You hands absolutely need to stay at 10 and 2 position. The only hand that should move is the Rt. hand for shifting. This is even more important on a technical track. Couple of times your Lt. hand was out of position when you were about to change directions.

2. Mechanics gloves Please tell me they are the racing version! If you don't have to worry about fires and you aren't racing then I would recommend no gloves. This is specially true if you don't have the stock leather steering wheel. I get plenty of counter arguments on this but suffice it to say.... you want the most amount of sensory input from the steering wheel through your hands to your brain. Gloves retard some of that sensory feedback. If you are racing or your car is a highly tuned out race car then obviously you need to be in full Nomex gear.

3. You are too close to the Evo. This is a DE. There is no need to risk being so close in the opening laps. Either start out in the front or be a bit more patient. The EVO driver got loose just at you were closing in on him at track out. That it not a safe situation.

4. Throttle application: You have way too much on/off throttle application post apex. Listen to your exhaust and you will hear it. On/Off throttle makes the car unstable since you are transferring weight back and forth at a time when your car's suspension is loaded(uphill left hander). You need to work on partial throttle with gradual squeezing on the throttle.

I apologize if I sound a bit harsh. That is not my intention. My intention is too help you be a better driver.

P.S. that is a 997.2 GT3 not an RS. 435 HP.

Good Luck and glad you are using the NSX the way it was meant to be used.

Ritesh.
    Last edited by Ritesh; 05-06-2012 at 13:31. Reason: Grammar
    NSXLuvr(McLaren 12C/Maserati GT - Conv/NSX/Spec Miata/Equus/Denali XL)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears that you aren't heal-toe downshifting. Could that be one of the reason you lost your clutch?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritesh View Post
    Great Driving! Your lines are very good

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Ritesh.
    FIXED!

WOW! you sound exactly like my wife, because your back seat driving technique is dead on and precisely why my wife rides with me to the track, but doesn't ride with me on the track...

God Bless the Interwebs...
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesCA View Post
    It appears that you aren't heal-toe downshifting. Could that be one of the reason you lost your clutch?
    no...
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritesh View Post
    Great Driving! Your lines are very good BUT......well since you have the "attachments" to post a video then you know we are going to comment.

Some criticisms:
    1. You hands absolutely need to stay at 10 and 2 position. The only hand that should move is the Rt. hand for shifting. This is even more important on a technical track. Couple of times your Lt. hand was out of position when you were about to change directions.

2. Mechanics gloves Please tell me they are the racing version! If you don't have to worry about fires and you aren't racing then I would recommend no gloves. This is specially true if you don't have the stock leather steering wheel. I get plenty of counter arguments on this but suffice it to say.... you want the most amount of sensory input from the steering wheel through your hands to your brain. Gloves retard some of that sensory feedback. If you are racing or your car is a highly tuned out race car then obviously you need to be in full Nomex gear.

3. You are too close to the Evo. This is a DE. There is no need to risk being so close in the opening laps. Either start out in the front or be a bit more patient. The EVO driver got loose just at you were closing in on him at track out. That it not a safe situation.

4. Throttle application: You have way too much on/off throttle application post apex. Listen to your exhaust and you will hear it. On/Off throttle makes the car unstable since you are transferring weight back and forth at a time when your car's suspension is loaded(uphill left hander). You need to work on partial throttle with gradual squeezing on the throttle.

I apologize if I sound a bit harsh. That is not my intention. My intention is too help you be a better driver.

P.S. that is a 997.2 GT3 not an RS. 435 HP.

Ritesh.
    Seriously?

1. I've been having this discussion on both a Miata forum and Chin Motorsports: Shuffle steer v. fixed 9-3 on the steering wheel. I'm working on unlearning shuffle steering but most of the feedback I've received is to do what feels natural.

2. My first reaction is to discount your comments. As you yourself noted, this is not wheel-to-wheel competition, it's DE. What experience do you have in this regard?

3. From what I understand this was the advanced group. The Evo did not provide a point-by for a LONG time despite it being obvious the NSX was faster. I'd be inclined to be on the guy's tail if he resolutely failed to notice a faster car behind to get his attention.

4. Maybe one day I'll listen to it again but I didn't notice it the first time around.

Please elaborate on your qualifications to provide this unsolicited feedback, thanks. I think you owe it to the OP.
    '91 NSX "Nat"
    '94 Miata "nelli", '90 Spec Miata "Rat", '08 CR-V, '11 Pilot
    Fundsalo Racing

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dquarasr2 View Post
    Seriously?

1. I've been having this discussion on both a Miata forum and Chin Motorsports: Shuffle steer v. fixed 9-3 on the steering wheel. I'm working on unlearning shuffle steering but most of the feedback I've received is to do what feels natural.

2. My first reaction is to discount your comments. As you yourself noted, this is not wheel-to-wheel competition, it's DE. What experience do you have in this regard?

3. From what I understand this was the advanced group. The Evo did not provide a point-by for a LONG time despite it being obvious the NSX was faster. I'd be inclined to be on the guy's tail if he resolutely failed to notice a faster car behind to get his attention.

4. Maybe one day I'll listen to it again but I didn't notice it the first time around.

Please elaborate on your qualifications to provide this unsolicited feedback, thanks. I think you owe it to the OP.
    Thank you! I could not have said it better myself, especially about the EVO. When in a HPDE event with strict 'point by' etiquette, this is how you get his attention. Fill his mirrors until he cries uncle.

10:00 & 2:00?: nice theory in a perfect world ie Texas.

Regardless, this was session 1, lap 1 - 4. Not making any excuses but I was just getting warmed up out there. Hopefully I'll have better luck on 05/17. Stay tuned...
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 and 2 is what I use when getting ice cream
    '05 silverstone. CTSC. ARC Titanium. GT1-F1 headers. JRZ Race dampers, Carbon Ceramic BBK.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was quite impressed with my NSX on the track, GT3 RS was a tad out of my league because i was on street tires and stock brakes... clearly he overpowered me, but it seems you could still brake later in the NSX to make up whatever ground is lost by the acceleration. (Tsuchiya's Super Late Braking Technique!!!) i am quite positive R compounds and better brakes would close the gap significantly.
    90 Nissan 300ZX TT Black
    91 Acura NSX Formula Red

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great vid, i hate the comments they leave on youtube sometimes. esp.. the lawn mower bs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HBui39 View Post
    i am quite positive R compounds and better brakes would close the gap significantly.
    I can attest with firsthand knowledge that it will give you the desired affect.
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king_victor View Post
    great vid, i hate the comments they leave on youtube sometimes. esp.. the lawn mower bs.
    That kid was probably typing from his mother's pc...

God bless the interwebs.
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The car was a GT3 and not a GT3RS, but the car will always be as fast as its driver. It was nice to see the NSX lapping all those cars, but a let down that he missed the results vs the GT3.
    Porsche 928S, Carrera Targa ,Carrera 3.2 coupe
    996 Carrera, 996TT, '92 NSX, Lamborghini Gallardo
    Ferrari 328GTS, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari 360F1, Ferrari F430 manual shifter, 2010 GT3

Registered User MetalSpikeRacing's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bravo!!!
    www.Bicoastalimages.com
    Destination Wedding Photog for Cancun-Riviera Maya and North America.
    PT 62-66 BB Turbo NSX . C30A-T

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Testacojones View Post
    The car was a GT3 and not a GT3RS, but the car will always be as fast as its driver. It was nice to see the NSX lapping all those cars, but a let down that he missed the results vs the GT3.
    My mistake and I stand corrected. Instead of 230hp more than me, he only had 175hp more... and all those wins at Lemans.

Here's what we're working on presently:

Comptech 2.3L SuperCharger
    Comptech Powergrip 1 Performance Clutch Package
    Accusump Oil Accumulator
    Fender Mounted Oil Cooler

Hope to be back at Infineon/Sears Point on 05/25 to test these upgrades on those pesky P-cars, C-cars, M-cars, F-cars etc.
    drivingambition.us

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP: I love it!!! Stock motor too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List