• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Running light power source?

I want to add small white LED light bars to my front intake holes on my 94. Where is the best place to tap power for these that is off when the key is off?

nsxlites_sm.JPG

Re: Runnign lite power source?

I want to add small white LED light bars to my front intake holes on my 94. Where is the best place to tap power for these that is off when the key is off?

How do you want them to work? On with lights, On with key (DRL) or switch. Do you have the specs for the lights you want to install?

Mike

exactly

but he has one more option you didnt mention

he can have them wired to turn on when the door opens LOL

or blink with an aftermarket alarm LOL

I think what he want he means is DRL like all the other sheep cars on teh road.

i'll pass on being sheep

I had some on my car to pass Canadian import laws, now removed. I used the aux power outlet at the top of the fuse box in the drivers side kick panel. There are 4 options for power there. It is a short run out to the hood thru a rubber grommet located in the footwell just a few inches ahead of the fuse box. I have since rerouted the wire behind my head unit and used it to power my sirius radio and V1.

Screen01.jpg

Here is a shot of the page from the manual with the 4 power outs at the top. They are labeled as to how they function.

Peter

^
Sorry, didn't come out a large as I intended. They are the four at the top right of the fuse box in the image.

Starting from left they supply power as follows;

1st on with lights

2nd on with key in ign position

3rd always on

4th on with key in acc position

I used the second one and it worked perfectly other than the DRL's were on when the headlights were on as well. If I had kept the DRL's I would have installed a simple relay to turn off the DRL's when the headlights come on. I would have used the first outlet (on with lights) to power the relay thus turning off the DRL's.

Peter

Thanks cosmod. Exactly the answers I was looking for. I take it "always on" is when the car is running only?

Last edited:

No, that one is always "hot". You could use it to power accessories (cel phone charger etc) without having to have the key in the car.

Peter

Interesting. How do you tap into these outlets? Do you need a special plug? I'm looking to power my Navigation sys when I install it in my Nav pod.

Back