• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Synth19 Imola Orange NSX Build

7167714138_e0313b557e_b.jpg

I'm a real purist when it comes to the look of an NSX, but if you could find a way to black out the headlight frames, like a reverse of the NA-R, it would really finish the look of the car to me. The silver base of the headlights looks "off" considering the wing, rear spoiler and seats and if a blacked out light could be pulled off well on any NA car it would be something that greatly contrasts like Imola.

Keep up the phenomenal work,

J.

I'm a real purist when it comes to the look of an NSX, but if you could find a way to black out the headlight frames, like a reverse of the NA-R, it would really finish the look of the car to me. The silver base of the headlights looks "off" considering the wing, rear spoiler and seats and if a blacked out light could be pulled off well on any NA car it would be something that greatly contrasts like Imola.

J.

im not one to tell people what they should do to their car but i have to agree.

Nice thread and great read G. Always loved your style with your car.

Also, I didn't know you were also in the market for the R35. I was in the same boat. Sold my R32 for the NSX as a "place holder" in the garage until the 35 became available and never looked back.

Nowadays R35's, though not common, seems to be around more and more wheras the NSX remains the classy, timeless masterpiece of its era. You and I are both lucky we didn't get seduced by the sledgehammer power and styling of the GTR :)

This is, IMHO, the nicest NSX on the boards. Everything done tastefully under the careful guidance of a purist.

This is, IMHO, the nicest NSX on the boards. Everything done tastefully under the careful guidance of a purist.

In other words... Under the careful guidance of someone who won't do things like black out the headlights. :biggrin:

J.

Hmmmm... sounds too drastic to me! Thanks though!

Corrected!!!

I see what you did there! :tongue:

I would be the first one to define the suggestion as a "what if" kind of thing with a spare set of lights but considering the NSX is the only Honda I can think of that doesn't offer a black housing somewhere in the world, your car would be one that I think would have benefited from the look had Honda gotten around to it.

In my head I'm imagining something along the lines of an AP:

hop.ap1.headlights_d.jpg

Either way, it defintely "hardens" the look of a car and the NSX is pretty defined already so I get it if someone thinks it could be too much. It's just rare that it doesn't "improve" the look of most H's even those that have 1/10th the styling cues of an NA:

Before:
Acura_RSX_Type_S.jpg

After:
Ings_RSX02-04_Front.thumb_medium

Thanks for the reply, I just needed to vent a thought after reading through the entire thread.
Keep up the great work!
J.

actually peep this the black nsx headlights
:wink:
NSXR-19.jpg

NSXR-13.jpg

+1 !

its kind of like the the 'need' for a cf rear spoiler to be balanced by a front cf lip + black roof + cf hood. totally not necessary at all imho.

accents here and there are nice and clean but the attempt to get everything to match more then often starts to make the accents appear too heavy.

ya, not feelin it. :)

+1 !

its kind of like the the 'need' for a cf rear spoiler to be balanced by a front cf lip + black roof + cf hood. totally not necessary at all imho.

accents here and there are nice and clean but the attempt to get everything to match more then often starts to make the accents appear too heavy.

too much "matchy matchy" can come across as sorta corny IMHO.

I wonder what a RED Honda Badge would look like on the front of your car?

IMO it would clash against the NIOP ... but the idea of a Berlina badge would tie together the CF wing, mirrors and painted front lip ... subtle, OEM and in keeping with the class of this NSX

Stunning car!!

regards, Paul

I think only GPW and NFR can pull off the white headlight housing. Any other colour and it just doesn't look right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back