• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Angus APX vs Pride V2

rx7

Registered Member
Hi Im thinking about changing my stock exhaust on my 04 nsx, I searched and thought the Pride V2 and Angus AP-x are 2 finalists.

I only heard them on youtube, which one sounds better in person?
Anyone in Toronto has these exhaust I can meet up and hear? Thanks everyone.:smile:

ask Robd He bought my old car that has a V1 on it. He sold his 91 that had the angus. He can give you a first hand answer from an owner.

(I have the pride v2 now which is very similar to the v1 just a little louder)

Last edited:
I'm in Cowtown, so can't help with an in-person test, but I can empathize with you: I was in the same position earlier this year, and even traded a few emails with each of the vendors to get clarity on a few points. Both are nice guys who are dedicated to the NSX and us owners. In the end I went with the Pride V2 (and Pride resonated test pipes), but that doesn't mean it was an easy choice- there is so much positive feedback, videos, etc. on both the AP-X and V2, it's like information overload!!

I took a risk and bought without hearing either setup in person, but definitely wanted the higher-pitch sound that the V2 put out. Since this is my first exhaust & first major modification to my NSX, the relatively lower price point of the V2 was easier to cope with financially. My risk has paid off, I am VERY happy with the sound of my car now- it finally has the sound to match it's looks!

I'm sure you would be happy with either of these exhausts over your OEM one- but if you want to be 100% sure, try to hear them in person if possible so you can decide which one is precisely what you are looking for. Those videos can't replicate the full sound & feel of an awesome exhaust from the driver's seat of your NSX.

Take care, and good luck!
Fuji

Last edited:
i love the high pitched sound of the v2, so it wasn't hard to decide. i still love it to this day.

I'm in Cowtown, so can't help with an in-person test, but I can empathize with you: I was in the same position earlier this year, and even traded a few emails with each of the vendors to get clarity on a few points. Both are nice guys who are dedicated to the NSX and us owners. In the end I went with the Pride V2 (and Pride resonated test pipes), but that doesn't mean it was an easy choice- there is so much positive feedback, videos, etc. on both the AP-X and V2, it's like information overload!!

I took a risk and bought without hearing either setup in person, but definitely wanted the higher-pitch sound that the V2 put out. Since this is my first exhaust & first major modification to my NSX, the relatively lower price point of the V2 was easier to cope with financially. My risk has paid off, I am VERY happy with the sound of my car now- it finally has the sound to match it's looks!

I'm sure you would be happy with either of these exhausts over your OEM one- but if you want to be 100% sure, try to hear them in person if possible so you can decide which one is precisely what you are looking for. Those videos can't replicate the full sound & feel of an awesome exhaust from the driver's seat of your NSX.

Take care, and good luck!
Fuji

Thanks a lot for the detailed info Mr. Fuji and I got advise from Rob, thanks everyone!

Glad to see the mod bug hitting you hard T!:cool:

I've heard them both. I prefer the sound of the Angus actually and you couldn't pay me enough to have to live w/ the pretzel exhaust "wet fart" deceleration sound but sound is subjective :rolleyes:

They're both somewhat restrictive. Angus has the restrictive X-pipe and the pretzel is just a mess from a flow perspective. So neither really wins here.

For a street car the 5hp you're losing will be negligible so go to a meet and hopefully you can experience both for yourself.

I have the Angus and am really happy with my choice. Being in a very small town I had only the internet to lean on for listening to the various options so I took the leap of faith and ordered it without having actually heard it.

As I mentioned in a previous post the exhaust is neighborhood freindly at partial throttle but positively sings when wide open in vtec.

Will was great to work with and is a real asset to the NSX community.

Peter

I dont think the angus is worth the huge amount in price of the pride v2.

Both have a little drone. I like the sound of the prospeed one, but havent heard it in person.

I dont think the angus is worth the huge amount in price of the pride v2.

Both have a little drone. I like the sound of the prospeed one, but havent heard it in person.

I was in the same boat as Mr. Fuji and in fact met with him (thanks, Sean!) in person to hear the exhaust. I liked it, but I wasn't ready to dish out the money right away.

I spoke to both Mark and Wil and both are very professional and passionate about their products. In the end, I chose Angus because:

1) Design - I felt that the AP-X was much better designed with flow/gains in mind. The spaghetti design on the V2, all in the name of getting a higher pitched sound, was not really what I was looking for. That being said, it is very good value for money.

2) I have an '05 so I would need to get the SOS adaptors which would add $300 to the Pride V2.

3) Wil gave me a packaged deal for his AP-X and Resonated Test Pipe (which also functions as an '05 adaptor). Essentially I got an exhaust and TP (Angus) for a bit more than a Pride V2 and SOS adaptor.

-T

Last edited:
I think the underlying theme here is that we as NSX owners are spoiled for choice when looking to upgrade our exhausts.

Thanks to Wil and Mark for being great vendors with great products!

Last edited:
Guys, I forgot to ask, will hi-flow cat change the sound of exhaust significantly or barely noticeable? I do not worry too much on performance, just sound aspect. Im thinking either to get either adaptors or high flow cat.:smile:

I've heard them both. I prefer the sound of the Angus actually and you couldn't pay me enough to have to live w/ the pretzel exhaust "wet fart" deceleration sound but sound is subjective :rolleyes:

They're both somewhat restrictive. Angus has the restrictive X-pipe and the pretzel is just a mess from a flow perspective. So neither really wins here.

For a street car the 5hp you're losing will be negligible so go to a meet and hopefully you can experience both for yourself.

I just wanted to note that the X-pipe is designed to improve scavenging - which is shown to increase power over dual straight pipes.

I just wanted to note that the X-pipe is designed to improve scavenging - which is shown to increase power over dual straight pipes.
I agree. I also like your exhaust here Wil and will likely produce more power than the pretzel style.

However, to maximize scavenging effects you need to have equal length headers. If you study the firing cycle of the C30/32 it's very difficult to do the piping to properly scavenge. The transverse engine position also makes header layout impossible. You cannot gain any real scanvenging from the headers styles that we have on our cars. However, at specifically measured pulses you can *probably* gain some scavenging from unequal length headers but only at specific narrow rpm bands. I suspect you didn't measure where you placed your x-pipe but rather eyeballed it so it's visually appealing.

Last edited:
Love my Pride V2. Sounds great in person. Haven't ever gotten any negative feedback on it in person. Have done multiple deals with Mark and he awesome to work with. Can't wait to grab headers and resonated test pipes from him in the future.

Hijacking this for 2017. But man I just sold the comptech exhuast and man.... apx exhuast is what the nsx needs!!! V8 ish sound and breaks neck as I accelerate. You want exotic?? Well this is it. Deep and non raspiness. I got straight pipes too. The x design is where it is at. Thanks will!!! I love the tunnels.

^Yup. If you want a nice piece of jewelry to hang from your nsx’s butt, get the V2. If you want deep V8 sound, get the Angus. If you want the best sound on earth which comes with drone, get the taitec parallel.

Does anyone have pics of the AP-X? i googled it but don't think that is the one.

Back