• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vendor review: ScienceofSpeed

I had the following parts replaced/serviced on my 97 Kaiser Silver NSX (w/37k miles) at SOS this week. I dropped off my NSX at the spankin' new SOS facility on Monday afternoon, and got a call from Jeff K. on Wednesday evening informing me that my car was ready. :eek: The SOS crew was on the ball getting my baby done, and much sooner than I expected. The biggest inconvenience was finding rides to/from the SOS shop, but Chris tells me that they've just signed a contract with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, so future service visits should be hassle free. Chris and Jeff were great in taking the time to explain each service to me, and why they were recommended, but left the decision for each service to me and did not pressure me into buying anything that I was uncomfortable with. I ultimately decided to have all the major engine services done on my car for peace of mind (since I purchased my 97 NSX with no maintenance records, but had Wade @ SOS perform the PPI, so I knew I was getting a great NSX). All the rubber parts in the engine have been replaced, and all the coolant hoses too. My NSX runs good as new, and I don't have to worry about anything other than routine maintenance for a LONG time, which makes me one happy NSX owner. :biggrin:

P.S., I had expressed concerns about the timing belt service (due to previous experience with a different vendor), and Chris assured me that SOS does a compression test after the service to ensure that the belt is installed properly. I'm happy that SOS is around to service my NSX, and would recommend them to other NSX owners (many of whom apparently feel the same way, judging by the number of out-of-town NSXs I've seen visiting the SOS shop).

Last edited:
Back