• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pioneer in dash double dins

Anyone using the following: PIONEER

AVH-P8400BH
AVH-P4400BH
AVH-P3400BH

If so, how do you like it?

I am using ... well still in the process of installing the AVH-P8400BH headunit... I am bondoing the center console as we speak...

this is simply the best double din I have tried! I really like the AppRadio and the headunit is pretty quick in searching songs.

Here are some pics, please ignore the fake carbon fiber I bought this center console used.

Attachments

• 579804_621093326980_1212711167_n.jpg
    579804_621093326980_1212711167_n.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
Recently installed the 4400 in my son's Envoy....very impressed with it....it blows away my Alpine interms of speed between menus/sources, as well as Ipod integration (which is his primary use) very nice screen quality with far less glare than my Alpine...he paid about $350 new on Ebay. If I can get a good lead on a console I can cut up..., I might go Doule Din, and will go with Pioneer ...(It would be my first non Alpine headunit in all my vehicles in over the years since early 80's)

bottom line, the Pioneer unit (for the price) is very good

sylcurt: great avatar pic

image.php

I have an AVIC Z-130Bt and love it. Paired with Hertz speakers, an audison amp, and angus 12 inch sub. Sounds awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 328
Does anyone miss having a physical volume knob? I can't stand the + and - buttons...

Sad to say but the first thing I noticed was not the HU or the display in the honda nav area--- it was the ass end of that IS-F!

@Brigglass can you tell me if you had to bondo and paint your console or did you do a really clean cut job. it looks perfect.

This has been the biggest reason I havent done a HU/ stereo system in my car yet

Does anyone miss having a physical volume knob? I can't stand the + and - buttons...

I can't stand buttons. I have two aluminum knobs going into mine. One controlls volume, one controlls sub level. Directly on the amp. but lets not derail the thread.

Sad to say but the first thing I noticed was not the HU or the display in the honda nav area--- it was the ass end of that IS-F!

@Brigglass can you tell me if you had to bondo and paint your console or did you do a really clean cut job. it looks perfect.

This has been the biggest reason I havent done a HU/ stereo system in my car yet

Mine too....have seen too many hack jobs...there was a primer in a different threat who was considering a group buy for making really nice double din units, but it never seemed to get going.

Back