• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee

New Pgh owner here.
I didn't make it to C&C this weekend but I heard about the Gullwing, the P1, and the GTB body retrofit.
Sounded like an awesome weekend!

I am still working on emissions/inspection at the moment. Having trouble with the idea of leaving it at a shop...

New Pgh owner here.
I didn't make it to C&C this weekend but I heard about the Gullwing, the P1, and the GTB body retrofit.
Sounded like an awesome weekend!

I am still working on emissions/inspection at the moment. Having trouble with the idea of leaving it at a shop...

welcome! post a thread in the new owners section, and post up some pics! what year/color did you buy? great to have another NSX in pgh.

Last edited:
Vivanshah, I posted in there as you mentioned I should do. haven't thrown photos up. In case you don't want to head that way for the answers to your other questions, it is a Black 94 MT w/ CTSC. New Wheels are on the way. I put the current ADR 18/19 combo on craigslist. Your signature mentions you're looking for a 97-01. Looking to change? There was a 97 on autotrader a little bit ago for 37. It didn't last long (less than a week) :)

For the car cruise, I don't really go to waterfront anymore, even though D's six packs and dogs is pretty worth heading out that way.

Last edited:
Another 98 on AT right now for 39. Yellow and 45k miles.

I ended up going to C&C afterall. There was a Red NA1 with a cool license plate, and learned that there's supposed to be an engine cover on the NSX... Not sure who this is.

My new wheels arrive Tuesday. I'm going to try to get tires mounted Wednesday.

Last edited:
I see someone here at Pitt race with me doing adventure supercars...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I didn't see another NSX there... did you have yours there?
What supercar did you take around the track? My wife got me the McLaren for my 33rd bday... and I spent the extra $50 to do a ride-along with the M3 pace car, just to get to know the track before getting behind the wheel myself.
When I was done I was tempted to do the R8 for $99 that they offered me... I really need to drive the R8 because I'd like to get one next year. Unless Carol (one of the driver instructors, and a regular at our CnC meet) will drop the price on her Gallardo a little more for me! She had it there, it was parked on the track to the far right, by the portajohn. Nice flat pearl white.

Mine was still dirty from the previous weekend's fun, so I just drove the TSX there.

I also ran the McLaren. It was a neat event and a good time, but I hated the transmission, and something seemed off about either the brakes, alignment, or tires (real loose/darty on braking). I read that the paddle-shifter is much better ont he car than the automatic mode. Wish I would have been allowed to use it...
I was also a bit heart broken to find out the 458 was not available due to mechanical reasons. it really was the only car I wanted to drive out of the fleet.
I tried asking if the GT3RS was an option when I learned the 458 was down, so I did see the Gallardo you're talking about. Very nice. Balloon white I believe? I've seen it at C&C as well...

I know NSX's are more rare, but I do wish there was a way to have almost like a Pittsburgh thread without crowding an entire region's forum. I'm posting way too much in this thread. I'm not sure how else to post sightings and the like though.

I may try to do the cruise this weekend out to Bedford. It sounds like a cool idea, and I love finding new beer (by my preferred brewers).

Nothing wrong at all IMHO with filling up this thread with misc pgh related stuff!

A local kid who attends the Pittsburgh C&C's and creates car review videos on youtube as user "subaruwrxfan" seems to have enjoyed driving his first NSX. PGHMiller - yours?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HsOPq2PFyNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

A local kid who attends the Pittsburgh C&C's and creates car review videos on youtube as user "subaruwrxfan" seems to have enjoyed driving his first NSX. PGHMiller - yours?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HsOPq2PFyNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

that one is red, pghmiller's is black. I saw a red one the schenley GP, maybe it's that one? IIRC the owner's name was Melissa (saw it on the tag, did not meet her).

hey fellow pittsburghers, where do you take your car for state inspection?

Vivan - Rahal Mercedes in Wexford but only because they're the only OBD1 compatible emissions tester I've found. Plus I keep hoping to run into Bobby Rahal who apparently had some input into NSX development. Maybe he'll be up for a rip roaring drive thru the nearby wooded hilly areas and relive some memories. Also using George Riggin auto in cranberry for tires/wheels mounting. Looking fwd to hearing more details soon on your chase!

Vivan - Rahal Mercedes in Wexford but only because they're the only OBD1 compatible emissions tester I've found. Plus I keep hoping to run into Bobby Rahal who apparently had some input into NSX development. Maybe he'll be up for a rip roaring drive thru the nearby wooded hilly areas and relive some memories. Also using George Riggin auto in cranberry for tires/wheels mounting. Looking fwd to hearing more details soon on your chase!

Thank you for the information. I need to get mine registered in PA and have been wondering that myself. I'm in Cranberry too.

I've been thinking about registering it as a classic (since I don't meet the antique age yet). That goes along with my Grundy insurance policy requirements too. Mine has a lot of modifications, so I'm very curious how this will work.

Thanks! Also, any suggestions on where to get tint removed?
Might just try it myself with a steamer.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I need to get mine registered in PA and have been wondering that myself. I'm in Cranberry too.

I've been thinking about registering it as a classic (since I don't meet the antique age yet). That goes along with my Grundy insurance policy requirements too. Mine has a lot of modifications, so I'm very curious how this will work.
Haha... "a lot of modifications" doesn't even begin to describe it!! I can not WAIT until that thing is on the road!
Thanks again for the help today, very much appreciated.

few more recommendations needed:

Good place to get tires mounted/balanced? I've previously used Highland tire in tarentum...curious what other primers are using.

Also - good place to get an alignment? If anyone knows of a firestone that is good with the NSX that would be great, I've got their lifetime deal on the Si and wouldn't mind it on the NSX too (assuming this weekend goes well).

I'm having wheels and new tires installed next Tue at george riggin specialty auto in zelienople. They can do alignment too. Place came highly recommended by a knowledgable racing/motorsports enthusiast acquaintance of mine. I'll let you know how it goes. Lots of interesting things in their shop including a lotus esprit with apparently a long-term lease for some floor space to chase down electronic gremlins.
94f6a3a6bd117aa4caa0b6c10e831a2d.jpg

Riggins did my alignment extremely well, and is supposed to be helping me look into front crossbar measurements to ensure it hasn't shifted (occurs in s2ks).

I can't speak to any other work of theirs.

Hats off to the Pittsburgh C&C group who is hosting Valentino Balboni tonight & tomorrow at the annual charity event hanger party. Maybe PGHmiller can fill us in on the event and share some pictures. A co-worker friend who who is pretty involved with the group and owns an S2K is heading out to dinner tonight with Valentino. Wonder if they'll take him to an Italian restaurant? :) Although it's supposed to t-storm tomorrow AM, the morning cars&coffee event is apparently going to be attended by McLaren of Philadelphia who is bringing a car or two to hopefully see & touch & get up & close with.http://www.pghcnc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=885I'm planning to attend tomorrow morning for the 2nd time this summer but may be forced to leave my NSX home if it rains. Current tires are pretty worn-down/slickery. Anyone else here going?

Might come too on Sunday, if my drive back goes as expected

What is Sunday?
rhe victory cruise was rescheduled to the 12th (last Sunday's cruise).
Rain is very high chance tomorrow. Doubt ill make it, but I would like to meet you guys.

Someone wanted a ride w/ the SC...

Unsure what's on Sunday too?

If it's raining good tomorrow AM I'm unlikely to go. Not much point in driving 35 minutes to an emptyish lot. I'll just get my coffee across the street. :)

Back