• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee

Mac Attack, did you get the umbrella system or the iLift? or something else entirely?

I have the 4-wheel Phantom VIP setup. All together, with the Viair compressor, cups, fittings, and (2) custom 1gal aluminum tanks it was right at $2k.

About half of the "other" cup kits out there. If you do an internet search, you'll see that there are many cup kit offerings. The Umbrella is a knockoff of the Japanese Roberuta kit. Steven Lee (iLift) asked me a lot of questions about my cup kit before he made his own. Regan (RYU) made his own cup kit... etc. There are a bunch of others. I bought the VIP kit many years ago when I lived in an area without good machine shops to make my own.

They sure do make driving around town much easier!

I hope to make it this Saturday along with hopefully a white Pantera from a co-worker's husband, see link below. I received an emaiil that this week iis some type of "supercar" day so we'll be parking in the cheap seats/bleachers area, which is always fine by me. All that matters is that I get to arrive & leave in the best car (to me)!http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...X-when/page8?p=1811766&viewfull=1#post1811766

Tracked the wheels a little bit ago to see they arrive Saturday, so I just placed the order for the tires (TireRack is always super fast). My ability to arrive may depend on if someone else will be at the house to accept delivery of the wheels. I've been waiting for these to arrive so that I can start posting the other WedsSports I'm selling more places (in the picture that Miller posted).

Anyone else thinking of going on Saturday?

I'm definitely going Saturday. Consynx please try to come, i want to examine those wheels/tires, I'm pretty interested. if you can't come Saturday, we need to make it a point to meet up asap so i can check them out

Do you guys know of a good car wash? If not, I may be pretty dirty. Cleaned it last weekend, but was doing yard work this week. A lot of stuff settled on it.

I'm on well water, so washing the car takes a good bit longer.

also, if for any reason I can't make it, I'm PMing you my cell. I live ~3 minutes from generosta.

I'm not familiar with the area up there, I'm from the South Hills, pretty south too, basically a few streets away from Washington County. Around here we have several Laser Dri locations that work well, I still bring a drying microfiber to get the last little bit of water off.

As far as I've been able to tell, at least to most non-supercar owners who attend, this C&C is not a concours event so if you rinse 'er off and bring 'er down, you should be all set!

For me, as long as I know nobody's mistaking mine for a Jeep then I consider it to be clean enough for transportation to get a coffee and hopefully talk to some interesting people. :)

Googlemaps should guide you to a number of coin-op drive-in bay type car washes in cranberry. Offhand I know of one right off 19 at Rochester road I think and one about 2 miles east of 19 on Freedom Rd. The one off Rochester is a bit "nicer."

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.
My well water is hard enough to where if I try to do any kind of whole-car rinse it will leave a lot of spots.
I'm sure this list will prove helpful to anyone using Google to locate a car wash in Pgh. I'll look for the coin-op wash, as I was hoping for a hand-wash w/ good staff or coin-op. Unfortunately GoogleMaps and the webpages assigned to most washes haven't helped me find the right place yet. I find car washes, but can't figure out what they use, if they have wheel guides, etc. At this point, I've been washing the car as many minutes as I have been driving it.

As a heads up, I know the Warrendale ramp to get on 79S closes tonight. They also have had trucks on the off ramp when heading north on 79 and heading to Warrendale area. I'll try to actually read the sign tonight to see if that will be closing as well (i have this habit of ignoring ALL signs on roads that I drive regularly. I got surprise the last time I did a happy hour: Apparently they are having construction post 7PM on 79N). Just posting it up so people commuting outside of 19 can decide ahead of time if they want to use 910 or 228.

Last edited:
There's a handwash with a couple of really friendly/hardworking guys at the corner of frankstown road and washington boulevard, it's connected to/ part of http://www.sudzbrewthru.com/
they actually have a touchless wash there as well

Of course as with any hand wash place, i'm sure the rags they use are pretty nasty and will scratch up your paint in no time. They do a thorough job with wheel cleaning, drying etc. though. I take my in-law's minivan there sometimes.

Also - you could look in to optimum no-rinse with a 2 bucket method. I think you can wash a whole car with barely any water, 1 gallon from the convenience store would probably do it.

Last edited:
I'll see you there tomorrow. I hope we can have a decent showing.

Also, I typically don't stay very long at all, so if you guys have a particular time you show/stay, please let me know.

Really, thank you for the recommendations of places. I am interested to hear about the 'no rinse' product as well.
See yinz tomorrow.

I predict getting there around 9:30 give or take. I too stick around maybe 90 minutes max usually. See you then!

Missed you Miller.
It was nice to meet you....Andy (I think I got your name right!).
That was probably my favorite show. Lots of cool stuff. The black supra was so nice, as was the flat grey aventador

Oh, I'm surprised the Grey Aventador is back.... He got into a little "disagreement" with the group last year and hasn't been back since.
Yeah i tried my best, but having a 3 week old baby makes things unpredictable.

Hey guys, former Pittsburgher here - living in Raleigh, NC now. I know Andy and PghMiller.

Wondering where this CNC is held? Assuming it's the 3rd Saturday of the month?

Do you guys ever attend the Friday night Wexford Starlite Car Cruise? If not, you need to check this out - every Friday night thru the summer - they get over a 1000 - 1500 cars.http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/. Looks like they have closed down for the season.

John

It is at generosta off the warrendale exit. It is every other Saturday.

Starlite is smaller now. A medical facility got built by the church and took out their upper lot and grass parking. I went a couple times to look.

Miller, no big deal. If you end up wanting to see the wheels sometime, let me know. They're off the car now.

Last edited:
Bryan, the wheels looked fantastic, just so you know! And I didn't know you were a new father, congrats. No wonder some of your posts recently have been after 1am.
Vivan, where were you? Was looking forward to meeting you & your new NSX.
Stephen, nice meeting you - what's up with that license plate BTW, lol???

John, I'd been living under a rock - I just learned bout the Starlite cruise late last year. I was astounded with the variety, it felt like the Woodward Cruise but better because the foreign cars don't stay as low key here as they do in Detroit. As for this C&C yesterday - I don't make them often since I'm usually tied up elsewhere on Saturdays and this was only my 3rd this year but - I'm wondering if it's just me or if there were more aggressive pulls than normal leaving the lot as well as even in the parking lot!

Here's a video summary of yesterday from local subaruwrxfan.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/88apQCfvDZ0?list=UUu3fngdIGYCQ-c7YG0e9FuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Sorry I missed you guys. Had family visiting who's flight arrived Saturday morning so I had to be at the airport to receive them. Next one is in 2 weeks right?

If you're really considering them, perhaps I can throw them back on for a day.

The plate is something i've had for almost 10 years, and now that I'm getting older, it's not exactly the best thing to have anymore. My other plate got dead-tagged when I got a replacement for it, so this was the only active plate I had available when the NSX arrived. The vehicle it use to be on was a bit more extreme, so the plate just kept with the ridiculous theme:

https://flic.kr/p/7XGBEQ
7XGBEQ

Last edited:
Back