• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee

As for this C&C yesterday - I don't make them often since I'm usually tied up elsewhere on Saturdays and this was only my 3rd this year but - I'm wondering if it's just me or if there were more aggressive pulls than normal leaving the lot as well as even in the parking lot!

Here's a video summary of yesterday from local subaruwrxfan.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/88apQCfvDZ0?list=UUu3fngdIGYCQ-c7YG0e9FuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

3 things:

Vivan, you don't have 2002+ wheels, do you? I spotted a showroom new pristine-looking black NSX with popups and 02+ wheels in downtown PGH today. Driver looked a little or a lot like golf comedian/commentator David Feherty.

Looks like I'm not alone in feeling the C&C felt a little like amateur hour this weekend. I mentioned this to a co-worker with an S2000 and who's close with the organizers and he felt the same way.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1100176-cars-and-coffee-changing

Last, I ran into Matt (video above) on Saturday and I asked when he was going to post the NSX review that he previewed a while ago on his youtube channel. I had assumed the NSX was local - turns out the short drive was in California so the hands-on review won't happen anytime soon. That's too bad, I tend to enjoy low-key hands-on reviews like his that aren't all about 0-60 and 100-0 times.

Andy, nope, I've got the stock '01 wheels. I would love to get my hands on a nice set of 02+ wheels though, I think they look great on a black NSX.

btw, I had my emissions and inspections done, and my new tires mounted, at McB autosport in bridgeville. Nice drive down there on the side roads, and really nice father son team who own the place. The dad was race director for the PVGP for a number of years. super friendly and they loved the NSX. Tires seem perfectly balanced too.

Last edited:
Vivan, thanks. Great to know of another solid option for service nearby.A Youtube show covered a little about the cars & coffee this summer.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H_AxjmM-vk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think I'll go again tomorrow.
Miller, if you want to check out the wheels after, that's fine.
I might go to PIR after to watch the Ultimate Street Car Challenge autocross...

I think I'll go again tomorrow.
Miller, if you want to check out the wheels after, that's fine.
I might go to PIR after to watch the Ultimate Street Car Challenge autocross...
I wasn't able to make it... but from the looks of the photos you did go right? What are the new wheels I saw?

Still wedssport, but now the sa10r model.
It was a decent turnout till the rain hit.
Radar and forecasters were real bad yesterday.

Still wedssport, but now the sa10r model.
It was a decent turnout till the rain hit.
Radar and forecasters were real bad yesterday.
R35Killa caught you on video as you were pulling out! Car looks like it sits very low... what is your suspension? What is your opinion of a lowered NSX getting around in Pittsburgh?? I really want to get some springs or shocks but I already scrape a least once a day so I'm very concerned about lowering it even 1/2 inch!

It's just an Eibach/Bilstein combo. not a major drop.
I've had lowered cars for the past ~10 year (typically on coil overs), so i'm use to eyeing something up prior to driving over it. I don't have any issues, and when it does touch the ground, it's just due to the damping not being stiff and the front coming down a bit too much.
From my perspective, it's all about front wheel/tire fitment, and how far the front bumper sits away from the front wheel. NSX seems to be pretty short at the front, and i'm not squeezing anything like a 245/40/18 in the front.

Where are photos posted for the events? I didn't get to see everything this time.

Last edited:
Several places.
YouTube; R35Killa, subaruwrxfan, DoctaM3
Facebook; cars n coffee "social page" then there's a cars n coffee "private page", dave reid, fouronetwo photography (and flickr)

I keep seeing that black na1 that has what looks like 02+ wheels or something aftermarket.

He's heading past greyhound on 10th st bypass and going towards market square each time and I'm heading the other way towards the strip.

I am never in mine...

I forget - anyone else from PGH going to NSXPO? I'm leaving Thur morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, anyone know who Vernon is in PGH?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fSYzrwGOZ9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah I know him, he comes to cars n coffee often, also has a yellow viper, which he brings more often than the NSX. That's a 91 with low miles. He has an account on here but I don't even know what it is, he's never on.

I do have reservations for the social hotel, but I haven't even obtained my NSXCA membership yet or haven't purchased the social portion of the even. I was planning to go Wednesday or maybe Thursday, I'm not sure yet. I need to leave time to make these 2 local stops...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...URA&searchRadius=75&listingId=375611720&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...URA&searchRadius=75&listingId=368578278&Log=0

Last edited:
really, really bummed that I missed NSXPO, especially since it was so close by and 2015 in cali is too far for me. hopefully 2016 will be on the east coast or midwest again.

nsxpo pittsburgh would be amazing. pittrace is a nice track and the new expansion should be finished next year....

The red one you saw is a new owner, just got it last week. Bought it from source1, pretty well equipped, you can see the ad in the classifieds section here. I know him he's a CnC regular who had an S2000, but I don't know if he's on prime yet, I'll make sure he gets on here to say hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a pic of him this weekend with DoctaM3's new Huracan (luckily he did not sell the Aventador or the 458 Italia)...

Attachments

• 10634094_796694037044108_3206149837185662874_o.jpg
    10634094_796694037044108_3206149837185662874_o.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 179
Sure? Had 02+ front & wheels, a red H hood ornament, paper NJ plate, and I think was at stock height. Otherwise it was red though!​

Sure? Had 02+ front & wheels, a red H hood ornament, paper NJ plate, and I think was at stock height. Otherwise it was red though!​

i need to get in touch with this guy, in case he ever wants to sell those wheels..heh.

Miller, sorry to hear you're selling the NSX! Curious - who did you use locally for the timing belt? Thanks!

Back