• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee

Through my searches I had it narrowed down to George Riggins Specialty Auto because they have a great reputation for high end cars, and Joe who owned a shop attached to LW Automotive because he is the go to guy for exotics. Here's the funny thing... NOW Joe works at George Riggins! so that makes the decision easy next time!

Yeah it pains me to let go of the NSX, but I also have always been in love with the Gallardo, so it's time to get one of those now. It sucks that I can't afford both! Although, being that I could get a decent R8 for about $20,000 less than a Gallardo, I'm actually thinking about getting an R8 just so I can keep the NSX!!
But I like the Gallardo much more than the R8.
Decisions decisions!

since you did the research which year and spec Gallardo have you decided on?

since you did the research which year and spec Gallardo have you decided on?
Well once you hit the 09+ LP models they get too pricey for my comfort right now, so I'm stuck with 04-08. There were decent improvements every year, so the newer the better... But frankly I'll take an 04 if it's a good deal. When spring comes and it's time to buy, I'll take whatever makes me happy. I want black or white, and manual... and I don't want the convertible.
But I also have my eye on the R8 market so I may end up with that. For similar price I could get a newer year model, and from what I've read it's a better driver's car, better mpg, maintenance... And I do plan to put like 10k miles per year on it.

I have never driven either car... Never even been a passenger in one... So test drives will also influence my decision! (That's how I bought my NSX, never driven one until I owned it!)

imo the R8 looks like a turtle compared to the G.

Taking a break from car talk for a sec and talking about something really important instead:

Hey Ken (nsxtasy) - check this out (please excuse the fact it's coming from Huff Post)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/prantls-torte-cake-almond_n_5133580.html

I had some for the first time this weekend and IT IS THE BOMB. I'm going back for more this weekend, this time buying a tray full instead of a bar.

Vivan, have you tried this yet since you're close by?

640px-A_slice_of_Burnt_Almond_Torte_from_Prantl%27s_Bakery_2.jpg

Ken - for your eventual food & Pirates trip: http://pittsburghrestaurantweek.com/media/pittsburgh-is-the-next-big-food-city/

Hey all, I finally got around to checking out this thread. I just picked up the red 91 that was posted a few posts back. It's everything people say it is and then some! Glad to see it's been circulating =)

But yeah, almond torte. Yinzer, if you're picking some up at the prantl's in shadyside, let me know. I'm in the area and am down to grab one too!

Hey all, I finally got around to checking out this thread. I just picked up the red 91 that was posted a few posts back. It's everything people say it is and then some! Glad to see it's been circulating =)

But yeah, almond torte. Yinzer, if you're picking some up at the prantl's in shadyside, let me know. I'm in the area and am down to grab one too!

Congrats! I saw a really clean red 2002+ in shadyside 2 weeks ago with temporary NJ plates and a red honda badge upfront - I asked Bryan Hanna (with the S2K and broken leg, I work with him and understand you're friends with him?) if he knew who it might be since he seems to know all the right people with Hondas in Pittsburgh, and he didn't know either. But he told me about the new red NSX in PGH and that you were loving it! Let's see some pictures with its other red garage buddy. It was so strange to see an NSX amongst the tight Pittsburgh streets - it looked so dang small, smaller than any NSX I'd ever seen out in the wild.

I'll be heading back to Prantl's sometime this weekend with one of my nephews - each of four spends a weekend with me now & then - he's one of the two car nuts of the four so we'll likely head towards shadyside and stop by Auto Palace so he can ogle at the collection in the upper showroom windows. And then pick up some of my new culinary fascination. Send me your cell # in a PM, I'll drop a line if/when we're passing thru and see about some B.A.T., coffee from Jitters, and NSX talk!

Andy

Edit: Oops I thought the Huracan was yours, in the photo above from PGHMILLER.

Last edited:
Yeah I am obsessed with that almond cake. Nice to see it getting some recognition! Andy, will you be bringing the NSX this weekend or is it tucked already? Sunday looks sunny!

Congrats on the new NSX nsxlite! Whereabouts are you located? I'm in squirrel hill.

Last edited:
Yeah I am obsessed with that almond cake. Nice to see it getting some recognition! Andy, will you be bringing the NSX this weekend or is it tucked already? Sunday looks sunny!

Congrats on the new NSX nsxlite! Whereabouts are you located? I'm in squirrel hill.

Vivan,
Probably not - strange as it may sound, my NSX has been stored 30 minutes away in a relative's garage since I bought it, solely due to the fact that my garage is 100% full of construction items for the ongoing remodeling work. I have to say - having the NSX not within arm's reach has made every drive feel extremely special. I'm definitely looking forward to having it sleep under me in the garage, but the anticipation of that is still kind of fun...

So no NSX drive this Sunday. I don't think I already have it - PM me your cell # and I'll return mine, perhaps the 3 of us city-dwellers can meet up for coffee in Sq Hill or Shadyside here sometime.

Vivan,
Probably not - strange as it may sound, my NSX has been stored 30 minutes away in a relative's garage since I bought it, solely due to the fact that my garage is 100% full of construction items for the ongoing remodeling work. I have to say - having the NSX not within arm's reach has made every drive feel extremely special. I'm definitely looking forward to having it sleep under me in the garage, but the anticipation of that is still kind of fun...

So no NSX drive this Sunday. I don't think I already have it - PM me your cell # and I'll return mine, perhaps the 3 of us city-dwellers can meet up for coffee in Sq Hill or Shadyside here sometime.

Ahh, I'm awful at keeping up with forums! I made up an excuse to drive the nsx around this afternoon :tongue:. She's going to into hibernation soon though.

Yeah, I know Bryan Hanna pretty well, the S2000 crowd a very friendly bunch. I haven't seen anything about the NSX with the NJ temp plates, hopefully it's staying in the area and not just passing through! And yeah, I wish the Huracan was mine too, however I do need a family portrait with my S (hence the username 'nsxlite'...stole it from Bryan's vanity plate)

I'm in squirrel hill too! Definitely down to get a coffee sometime with you guys. PM's on the way.

Anyone up for a day trip here in the spring? Public museum opens in january.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...-center-museum-in-marysville-ohio/?refer=news

Automotive and racing displays will include a 1971 N600; a 1974 Civic CVCC; a 1983 Accord; a 1987 CRX Si; a 1986 Acura Legend; a 1988 Accord Coupe; a 1995 Accord Wagon; a 1997 Acura CL; a 1999 Odyssey; a Civic NGV, or Natural Gas Vehicle; a hydrogen fuel cell powered FCX Clarity; an Acura Sedan Design Study; an NSX Concept 1; a 2014 Accord Hybrid; a 2015 Fit; a 2015 Acura TLX; a 2014 Acura MDX Cut body; a ¼ scale Element; a ¼ scale Ridgeline; a HART NSX; a 2005 Racing Odyssey; and a 2013 ALMS Muscle Milk Race Car. Powersport displays will include a C100 Super Cub; a 1980 Elsinore CR250R; a 1982 GL1100 Gold Wing; a 1966 CT90; a 1969 CB750; a 1980 CBX Super Sport; a 1998 Shadow Ace Tourer; a 2009 GL1800 Gold Wing; a 2009 Aquatrax F-15X; a 2013 Rancher ATV; and a 2014 Pioneer 700-4. - See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...ysville-ohio/?refer=news#sthash.H0VIb5yU.dpuf

Last edited:
Yeah, CA is out for me too, due to time and budget.

anyone else go for a drive last saturday? 45 and sunny - couldn't resist!

Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee

Loved seeing some yinzer on Top Gear representing in a Lawrence Timmons away game jersey.
0f1e4fd8b9a046f44829b0229994662b.jpg

Glad to see the Top Gear team stick together on this whole issue...

btw, if anyone local wants the wedssport sa60's I have for sale, my price is flexible :)

Glad to see the Top Gear team stick together on this whole issue...

btw, if anyone local wants the wedssport sa60's I have for sale, my price is flexible :)

The producer that Jezza struck must be pretty high up or a similarly high revenue generator as Jeremy since we're not reading about how his chin punched Jezza's fist.

Did you and Bryan sell your NSX's?

I wonder if this was all just to get some more attention for the show. there were a lot of missing details, the Norway show never flinched, and I doubt his cast mates would ever really support true physical harm to a coworker...

As far as selling, I am hoping to get some current photos this weekend for an autotrader listing. I only have her up on here and CL currently. I also want to get the car fax up, because I think people are a bit weary about me mentioning repairs. im really hoping honesty isn't hurting its sale...
I am not in a huge rush to get rid of it. I would like to make sure I get good value from it rather just unload it...

I have a few interested people, appointments for PPIs and appointments to meet out-of-state people who are driving in to check it out. If it works out then it works out and I'll move on to my next vehicle... if it doesn't work out then I'll probably buy a type R hood and wing and probably a lip and side skirts, consynx's wedsports, an air ride kit (iLift, AccuAir, something like that)... even looked into supercharger or turbo, but for $10-$15k+ I'd rather take that PLUS my profit from the sale and put it all down on a "real" super car. (and that is why my car is up for sale!!)

Remove the video. Couldn't get it to rotate, and perhaps it was poor taste.

First Annual C&C this coming weekend!
Also, Furious 7 was awesome!

Last edited:
I took my NSX to the waterfront last weekend to do some shopping with my wife, and I ran into a guy who said he had an 02 LBBP and an 02 Imola (in addition to the blue s2k he was driving that day). He said he wasn't on prime much but he knew both @PghMiller & @consynx's cars. Either of you guys know who that is?

Also...anyone going to CnC this weekend?

Last edited:
That's Frank (iirc). Lots of people seem to know him. I don't think he actually lives here, but he frequents the area and C&C.

If the weather is nice, i'll be going. Living 3 minutes from the place makes it hard to come up with excuses not to...

I didn't know you could tag people like that. nice touch.

Last edited:
Yeah that dude is from Florida and keeps his NSXs down there, he's here opening up some CowTastic stores (or Moo Moo, I forget which one). I think he lives here as of now because I see him around all the time for the past year or 2.

I'll be at CnC tomorrow.

One of the CnC photographers did a Senna Tribute photoshoot and videoshoot with a couple of us last year... he wants to do it again at the end of this month or first weekend in May (anniversary of death May 1st), would any of you guys want to join? As of now we have my stock black, and stock red one, and a Kaiser silver one with wheels, type r hood, side skirts and lip (both owners don't frequent this site or this thread).

Back