• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee

Good call, I was about to post this! I'll be stuck renovating a bathroom this Saturday and very regretfully can't make it.

Plus my DD is DDead and I'm caught in a squeeze here....no DD, and I wanted to wait for the 2016 Tacomas, so I have to make a move on a 'tweener car between now & then.

Anyone local know of someone they trust who's selling a quality car/truck that should make it thru part of the winter just fine, $11k or less so I minimize the loss from taxes & such between now & whenever I sell it for the Tacoma? Figured I'd try for a referral in addition to a few other good leads I have.

But this Saturday sounds like just the right type of event to all team up for...wish I could make it!!

@vivanshah @consynx @PghMiller @Fuoss484 @NSXdotCOM @Alpo @dmnsx

Sorry to hear about the bathroom and the DD.
I have my grandma's WRX Wagon (02) for sale on CL. She lived in DC, so it's bumpers are scuffed, and sadly someone keyed the driver side while she was there. I inherited the car and shortly after shipping it got under it to get a bit of a shock... After a new power steering rack, timing belt, water pump, and driver-side axle, it seems to be good now.
However, since it's a DC and New Mexico car, I was going to spare it from winter. I'm not even sure it has all-seasons on it currently. I'm currently using it for some of my work-commutes so that the car can pay for itself w/ mileage reimbursements. I'm debating having the key marks fixed. If you're other leads don't pan out and you end up in a pinch, let me know.

North Hills Auto Mall always has cheap cars. Not always the best quality stuff, but they should have a good winter beater.

Thanks Steve! Stopped by Baierl Toyota in Wexford today. I looked at three or four Tacomas in person and scoured online the availability of all used and certified ones within ~100 miles over the last 7 days. Got a pretty good feel for the market and what's selling for how much ahead of the 2016's rolling in. Also got to sit in and look up close at a 2016 at Baierl. Wow, they are really nice. The serious Tacoma fans are complaining online a lot about the new one even before getting to sit in one, kind of like most of us NSX Prime folk are doing about the NSX 2.0, but the 2016 Tacoma is really, really nice inside, almost luxurious. 6 inch navigation/entertainment screen no longer has buttons on the sides and instead has the microwave oven type touch buttons, which I truly hate and feel do not belong in a car since they are not easy to use without taking your eyes off of the road. Felt substantially wider than the current one to me, and even a little claustrophobic but not too bad, as if the hood might be a bit higher and the roof a bit lower than the current one. Now that I recall, the seat height was really low compared to the 2015's and earlier, made it feel much more like a car then a truck which To me is not a good thing for a truck. And this one was the sport version with the fake hood scoop bump that cut into your view ahead. Anyway, what drew me there was a 2012 certified pre-owned 4x4 that was priced pretty darn attractively even though it was just over twice my original budget above. The price at the Toyota corporate site's CPO inventory list was accidentally lower than what the dealership was asking, and I was able to get them to knock another $1000 off that lower price to within around $600 above the NADA "clean retail" price. I think I achieved my goal of finding one that should allow me the option of selling or trading it in w/o a big loss if I decide to go after a white 2016 next year, if it doesn't actually turn into a keeper. The $10,000 difference of keeping it versus buying a 2016 Tacoma would put me 1/9th the way closer to my future Zanardi. :) GPW coupe, dark pine green metallic Tacoma, and red Zanardi parked next to each other will be my tribute to Italy. My former Ford Motor coworkers would cringe at my driveway....

Thanks again for the offer, you're a scholar and gentleman. And hopefully soon an exotic owner once again. Any status updates on that??

Congrats on the find!
very cool. I always wanted to see DoctaM3's cars parked like that.

the last update I had was Wednesday. Missing a couple parts and the modifications I added were being fabricated.

Last edited:
hi fellow prime members!
looking to see who has been happy with a shop in the PA area for a PPI? looking at Matts 04 LBBP, he recommended me a shop but also like to hear some other opinions as well!

thanks
dan

hi fellow prime members!
looking to see who has been happy with a shop in the PA area for a PPI? looking at Matts 04 LBBP, he recommended me a shop but also like to hear some other opinions as well!

thanks
dan

Dan, I do not know of a good PPI shop in the Pittsburgh area, but if you end up buying Matt's car and you want to sell the OEM side skirts I am willing to pick them up in Pittsburgh.

A work friend saw a white NSX coupe at a car meet in Irwin in Sept or October. Didn't take a photo. Said the wheels had Honda centercaps, unsure over any Honda emblems elsewhere. I know of only one other white coupe in PGH (link) and I don't believe it wasn't that one.

Anyone local to western PA know of this mystery unicorn?

Two at Baierl Acura. Maybe will see one around town in a few months.

64f331af53776c038f99bae50f4146da.jpg

3b737b1f38ad8d2ae56acb5bc0599edc.jpg

Back