• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Long time dreamer, first time owner: 96 Midnight Pearl

Phew! It's been quite a journey, but today I brought her home.

Everyone, say hello to my new toy. She is almost completely stock (CT headers). I picked her up tonight and she is headed to Don's tomorrow for timing belt, water pump, hoses etc.

It's still a little bit surreal - not sure when it will hit me that I'm driving the car I've always wanted, in the rare color I've always wanted.

In the future I will improve the stereo and possibly add 02+ OEM wheels (or replicas if those end up getting made...) but for now my focus is on getting her running smooth and looking squeaky clean and shiny!

Huge thanks to everyone out there (you all know who you are) that had a hand in my learning about the NSX and finding my way to this car. I look forward to meeting all of you in person soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0657 copy-private.jpg
    IMG_0657 copy-private.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0658 copy-private.jpg
    IMG_0658 copy-private.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 233
Oops rotated a pic!

Attachments

• IMG_0657 copy-private.jpg
    IMG_0657 copy-private.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 242
Congratulations B!
I am very happy for you!
I look forward to seeing it in person sometime soon locally.

Best,
J.

What a beauty! Congrats Ben! I want to check her out in person the next time I'm in the bay area! :biggrin: Meanwhile, more photos! :smile:

Huge Congrats! One of my favorite all time colors!
Looking forward to some day time pics.... I know,
only fitting for 1st pics of Midnight Pearl to be shot @ Midnight:tongue:

The best color for sure!

Also I believe it's the rarest. Only 24 made in 95'.

Thanks everyone for your posts!

I didn't post any day time shots yesterday because my lady was pretty dirty, but I took a day off from work today to take care of car-related administrivia, including a quick wash!

Don't worry, she is getting a proper detailing job soon.

Also took a drive with the top off. Fun!

Attachments

• Photo May 30, 3 34 54 PM.jpg
    Photo May 30, 3 34 54 PM.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Photo May 30, 4 19 46 PM.jpg
    Photo May 30, 4 19 46 PM.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 241
Very nice and "welcome to the club".

Thanks everyone!

Also thinking about adding factory keyless entry. Depends on what the damage ($$) is.

Congratulations and welcome to the club of enthusiasts NSX, be careful not to put water on the ignition system of the rear cylinder with the water jet, it is better never to run water through the ventilation behind the glass engine bay, you can put more pictures and give us your first impressions of driving, I'm sure you have a wide smile when you are driving: Langue:

Ah, good to know. In general I plan to wash it myself but I just needed a quick fix so that I wasn't embarrassed driving it around :)

Just dropped her off at Hilltop. He said I was too young :( But agreed to work on it anyway. Phew!

Thanks everyone!

Also thinking about adding factory keyless entry. Depends on what the damage ($$) is.

Congratulations, that is a gorgeous car.

You're probably better off with an aftermarket alarm system that will lock/unlock the doors and open the trunk for you by remote.

Congratulations, that is a gorgeous car.

You're probably better off with an aftermarket alarm system that will lock/unlock the doors and open the trunk for you by remote.

Thanks! I'll have to look into those.

Congratulations...and welcome to the ranks of NSX owners. Seems like you never get over that "first drive" feeling in a car like the NSX...no matter what the color!

Last edited:
Back