• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX article from Road and Track

It better have more than a 310 HP 3.5L V6. That's pathetic for an exotic car.

400+ with the hybrid motors.

Everybody is just guessing at this point about the powerplant. Honda probably hasn't made a decision on which way to go yet.

So a lot of people and Acura thenselves have been saying that it will come out in 2015. In the magazine said that it will cone out in 2014.. Which one is true?

It sounds like they are reporting 6 month old news. Honda already said that the prototype 3.5 was not making enough power for their taste.

Bingo!

Oh Gold PLEASE don't let it look like this!

acura-nsx_large.jpg

So a lot of people and Acura thenselves have been saying that it will come out in 2015. In the magazine said that it will cone out in 2014.. Which one is true?

I personally think it will come out in 2014 as a 2015 model. 3 years is too far away and two years seems reasonable/aggressive considering that they started over so many times.

Longer since they started development work though

Its gonna be fast! The article claims 0-60 in about 3 sconds! That's a super car in my opinion!

Definitely agree with this statement! I wouldn't doubt at all that it will have a 3.5 litre V6 with two electric motors, all wheel drive and at around 100k. 0-60 in 3. something seconds is damn fast and if they can do it with a 3.5 - then I'd say they'll be blowing some minds out there in the car world like they did in 91. It's like a 918 Porsche at about 1/6th the price. That'll be pretty amazing!

Can't say I agree with your comment about Porche. I have owned 9 total of 4 different models . Although they may not appeal to you, but enough prople support the brand to maintain its worldwide success. They are well built, iconic, and very reliable. Take another look....you will be impressed!

It's nothing like a Porsche. A Porsche is an ugly piece of shit.

Come on Hugh - now you know the new 918 is not an ugly peice of shit. It is one damn cool car and when it finally comes out it will be a marvel of technology and it will be fast as hell and very well thought out.

I am equally sure that the new NSX will be too. It's just taking time for Acura/Honda to get something together to show. But the theory behind the protos is very similar and you and many others wish that Honda would put a V8 in the car - doubt it will have that. But we'll see - I have a feelling that a 3.5 V6 is very likely the engine of choice - after all it's in their flagship RL isn't it. The hybrid part isn't but I am interested to see what they come up with. Let's just hope this is not another publicity stunt.

I just hope that when the NSX comes out it will mark the day that Honda finally takes itself seriously as a racing company! Let's hope that we get that much out of the new NSX!

I stand corrected. It is an expensive, ugly piece of shit. $845,000.00????
That's actually pretty funny.

While not the best looking car, I wouldn't go as far as saying its a POS.

I stand corrected. It is an expensive, ugly piece of shit. $845,000.00????
That's actually pretty funny.

The Carrera GT and 918 are probably the only non-ugly Porsches. They actually have a low and sleek stance. The $850K price tag is pretty funny though :biggrin:

I'm not a big fan of the look of Porsche. Although, the latest 911 is sleek looking rather than the mutated VW Beetle it was originally based on. But to say the 918 is ugly is a little extreme. Not a fan of the spyder, this is hotter:

image06.jpg

Just got the new issue in the mail. I guess this is the newest info they have.

I find it funny that they have a jag hybrid with more hp and similar weight and they guess 0-60 in 4.4. But the NSX is 3.0:confused:

Just g

ot the new issue in the mail. I guess this is the newest info they have.

I find it funny that they have a jag hybrid with more hp and similar weight and they guess 0-60 in 4.4. But the NSX is 3.0:confused:

3.0 seconds is a big stretch - and most of us know that. Now Hugh - you know that the 918 isn't just a super expensive ugly POS! It is way expensive but they do have racing they have to support unlike our favorite car manufacturer.

Never a fan of Porsche, but I do dig the GT3 treatment.

I think the new NSX need to focus on GT3 as one of it's main competitor.

Back