• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS/ALB modulator rebuild write up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
for 1991 and 1992 cars only:
I have 3 kits left.
After that, I will need a list of a min of 10 requests (list) in order to consider buying more parts to build more kits.

for 1993-1999 cars only:
I am noticing more and more requests for myself or someone else to create a kit for the 1993-1999 modulator as they are starting to fail now as well on a regular basis.

I may consider rebuilding a 93-99 modulator and creating a kit, if someone has one to spare. Shipping will be an expensive endeavor, but there are more ABS systems out there that may be able to be saved.

Just wanted to thank Warren for everything and everyone else in this thread who posted their experiences.

Honestly, I don't think the vent on the reservoir cap is the culprit but more so underneath the plastic housing on the solenoid side. This part is not completely sealed from the bottom and there's quite a bit of gap on the key openings. Taking a look at everyone else's pictures this is where all the bugs and debris are. I can just imagine it being a cave for bugs! Come to think of it, I may go back and seal the bottom of the plastic housing with some electric tape, but I'm not sure if the reason for this design is to allow the solenoids to breathe.

k7TuV0E.jpg

Vkvip7n.jpg

CcGNfPD.jpg

Last edited:
If I get this done by my dealer how many hours should I expect to be billed? I'd love to tinker with this on my own but it's just boiling down to a time constraint in life at this point. Too many things going on.

All kits are now either sold or spoken for.

Great project. I estimate between 30 and 50 ABS modulator have been rebuilt. (Some people are yet to use their kit) I only know of 2 that could not be saved.
Solenoids are the next big issue in these modulator. They can be exercised with brake fluid pressurizing the unit. (this is if you have a stuck or leaking solenoid (not many have this issue, but these units are getting old))

In order for this to continue, I will need at least 10 people to commit to a list below at a price of $57.00 (postage has gone up)

'91 and '92 cars only:
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

'91 and '92 cars only:
1.)IMS_NA1
2.)acortez
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

'91 and '92 cars only:
1.)IMS_NA1
2.)acortez
3.)jagtiger
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Noob sorry; do you have any kits for a 93 one? I saw your guide but can't quite fathom how to get the o-rings from the Daemar site?
I saw the part numbers in your (fantastic) guide - do I just email these to Daemar themselves?

Last edited:
My write up is for 91 and 92 cars only. The modulator changed in 93. Better but has similar issues.

Right, thanks for that.
Guess only way to know is pull it out and apart then source rings that way?

'91 and '92 cars only:
1.)IMS_NA1
2.)acortez
3.)jagtiger
4.)amengineering
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

I'm in as well

'91 and '92 cars only:
1.)IMS_NA1
2.)acortez
3.)jagtiger
4.)amengineering
5.)M-P
6.) darock
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Well that didn't take long!

I ordered o-rings from Daemar Inc.
They quoted me two weeks for delivery/pickup.

I will update this thread when o-ring kits are available again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back