• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM fog light question, bulb size & brackets?

I sourced a used set of euro fog lights but they did not come with a bulb, harness or anything. I bought a harness from SOS and I'm wondering what else I need to install these on my 91. Is there a bracket required and what size bulb do they take? I searched and came up with size H3 but I believe that is incorrect.

i had to buy a bracket for them but not sure if yours have it installed already...either way i converted to hid to match my headlights....

Those don't look like the Euro fogs we have over here....

I sourced a used set of euro fog lights but they did not come with a bulb, harness or anything. I bought a harness from SOS and I'm wondering what else I need to install these on my 91. Is there a bracket required and what size bulb do they take? I searched and came up with size H3 but I believe that is incorrect.

Hi,

they seem like the ones mine had at the very beginning. I only have now the brackets to hold them. These brackets are screwed to the under side of the front bumper beam, then you screw each foglight to the bracket. I'm selling both brackets with the screws that hold them to the beam, if you want them, PM me. I will list them here in the near future.

Thanks,
Nuno

Those don't look like the Euro fogs we have over here....

Just found out. These are actually Canadian Daytime Running Lights. Different design than the fog lights. They take a low power 1156 bulb. Much rather have the glass fog lights (these are plastic) but as I already bought these, I might as well mount them up :rolleyes:

Just found out. These are actually Canadian Daytime Running Lights. Different design than the fog lights. They take a low power 1156 bulb. Much rather have the glass fog lights (these are plastic) but as I already bought these, I might as well mount them up :rolleyes:

What are you planning to use them for?
Keep in mind that a DRL beam pattern is completely different than a Fog light.

DRLs typically have the same beam pattern as a High Beam (high vertical spread, but somewhat narrow), but at lower brightness.

Foglights have a wide spread with a sharp vertical cutoff so the light doesn't travel very far.
PIAA_Beam_Patterns_th.jpg

Last edited:
What are you planning to use them for?
Keep in mind that a DRL beam pattern is completely different than a Fog light.

DRLs typically have the same beam pattern as a High Beam (high vertical spread, but somewhat narrow), but at lower brightness.

Foglights have a wide spread with a sharp vertical cutoff so the light doesn't travel very far.
PIAA_Beam_Patterns_th.jpg

Hapa88
Old post of yours that I found here had me thinking - how can you tell the difference between the OEM DRL and the fog lamps? I have a couple of sets sitting in the garage and was curious.
Thanks in advance for any reply on this.
Speedy

There are several ways to tell the difference
1.The OEM DRLs are plastic and the OEM fogs are glass.
2. The shape of the oem fog housing are rectangular and the DRLs are more angled.

Hapa88
Old post of yours that I found here had me thinking - how can you tell the difference between the OEM DRL and the fog lamps? I have a couple of sets sitting in the garage and was curious.
Thanks in advance for any reply on this.
Speedy

Anyone know the part number of the bracket on the vehicle side? Just a single bolt I think

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back