• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have a 2002+ NSX for sale?

WOW :eek:

Dude - you'll forget all about what shape the lights are (are you serious??) when you realize that you can add over 100hp and 100 lbft of torque to your Turbo for under $1000 simply by hooking it up to a laptop, without increasing engine risk at all.

FLASH BABY FLASH

You can also buy a used Z06 for a lot less if you need lots of horsepower :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You can also buy a used Z06 for a lot less if you need lots of horsepower :p

I like the C6 Z06's. One of my patients comes to the track with me in a beautiful blue one with gunmetal wheels but I don't have any gold chains to go with it.

About 8-9k!

Might as well just get a GT2/GT3...do it right once.

The GT3 is a complete car (almost) but if you're into hp, go the turbo route. The 996s are very rare as well.

The Twin Turbo is cheap to buy, there are great examples and like Dave said, $10.00 per hp for the first hundred. Lots of potential.

The 996 GT2 is an interesting idea for you John. Very interesting. GT3 goodness with turbo potential. That would be a German Godzilla for sure!

you can add over 100hp and 100 lbft of torque to your Turbo for under $1000 simply by hooking it up to a laptop, without increasing engine risk at all.

NO RISK? Dave put down the koolaid. There's always a risk. :wink:

Not in this case - you keep it within specs and you're good to go. It needs a proper tune tho! Good tunes are very easy to come by - there are a few guys who will email you the files!

The clutch may not last as long though!

Remember, 996TTs have the Le Mans 911 GT1 engine in them. They're bullet proof as long as tuned properly to 800 or so HP, maybe 1000.

I dont like the GT2 idea so much but I love the GT3. The difference between a GT2 and a Turbo is the turbos (which are not worth paying much for), intercoolers (not worth paying much for), lack of AWD (if you want RWD, the conversion in a turbo is FREE, you remove a single shaft and you have it), no backseats, seats, some exterior body things, wider rears, ceramic brakes (which you dont want), clutch and slave, plus some minor things - BUT you get a GT2!!!! Its special. If you want special, it may be worth it - but itll be $80k+.

A base turbo with a flash is going to be way faster and much more usable than a stock GT2. The GT2 you're going to want to keep pristine too - you'll feel fine enjoying the Turbo.

I think that a GT3 is the car for you unless if you're like me and you want a highly usable car - then get a Turbo.

Last edited:
Oyagi you sold your NSX??? :(

Not in this case - you keep it within specs and you're good to go. It needs a proper tune tho! Good tunes are very easy to come by - there are a few guys who will email you the files!

The clutch may not last as long though!

Remember, 996TTs have the Le Mans 911 GT1 engine in them. They're bullet proof as long as tuned properly to 800 or so HP, maybe 1000.

I dont like the GT2 idea so much but I love the GT3. The difference between a GT2 and a Turbo is the turbos (which are not worth paying much for), intercoolers (not worth paying much for), lack of AWD (if you want RWD, the conversion in a turbo is FREE, you remove a single shaft and you have it), no backseats, seats, some exterior body things, wider rears, ceramic brakes (which you dont want), clutch and slave, plus some minor things - BUT you get a GT2!!!! Its special. If you want special, it may be worth it - but itll be $80k+.

A base turbo with a flash is going to be way faster and much more usable than a stock GT2. The GT2 you're going to want to keep pristine too - you'll feel fine enjoying the Turbo.

I think that a GT3 is the car for you unless if you're like me and you want a highly usable car - then get a Turbo.

LOL... listen to you.. You sound like you've been spending quite a bit of time on rennlist. I see your points but removing a shaft makes the car 2WD, it barely saves the weight of it being 2WD to begin with, which is the whole point.

Oyagi you sold your NSX??? :(

Yup. Just deposited the cheque today :)

LMK when you want to sell.

LOL... listen to you.. You sound like you've been spending quite a bit of time on rennlist. I see your points but removing a shaft makes the car 2WD, it barely saves the weight of it being 2WD to begin with, which is the whole point.

Those who have done the conversion (and there are many) say that it transforms the handling of the car to something else. Sure, the extra weight is still there - but, and I cant say for myself because Ive driven neither a GT2 or a RWD Turbo, but they say that there is plenty of reason to do it beyond weight alone.

Myself, I like the AWD (especially in the winter) so I havent done it. GT2s are RWD for more reasons that weight savings.

John - YOU NEED A GT3!!!!!!!

Yup. Just deposited the cheque today :)

LMK when you want to sell.

Sad to see this day finally arrived. Hope the car is staying local. Best of luck on your search for 02+ replacement. Ignore the temptation of going to the dark side. You really don't need all that power. Resist the temptation!!

Isn't this NSX PRIME...

How did you all get into talking about that other
little, so very common
German car with the engine behind the rear bumper??
????

Well i'll sell you my 2004 silver NSX for $240,000.00
& i'll even throw in a free car wash & car cover...

Gary

When John was done with his last project car it wasn't an NSX anymore anyway!:biggrin:

Isn't this NSX PRIME...

How did you all get into talking about that other
little, so very common
German car with the engine behind the rear bumper??
????

Well i'll sell you my 2004 silver NSX for $240,000.00
& i'll even throw in a free car wash & car cover...

Gary
No thanks. :rolleyes:
When John was done with his last project car it wasn't an NSX anymore anyway!:biggrin:
:cool:

Im going to save you a lot of trouble because we know you're going to end up here anyways!!!

ONE

TWO

Three

FOUR

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The GT3 is the car I'm currently listing after...prefer the recent head lights to the ones listed though...stop posting links to this car for sale or I'm gonna end up with a fourth car in my household without the room for it. Guess the X and P car take the garage and wife's car and my daily get to park outside...oh and when that happens I too will be sleeping outside.

Or worse! I have to sell the X to get the P car! I figure I have a few years to talk the wife into letting me have both. It's a slow progress negotiation chipping away at her resolve and will. If I jump the gun early I'm all but screwed. Right now we're sitting at "you have the NSX at it will have to do for now...why the hell do you need two sports cars!?". She could have just said "No!" so I think I'm making progress

I am sure Oyagi would be happy to take your Red 03 off your hand. Still I would say "DON"T DO IT!!" Must resist the urge!! Just ignore this post completely.

You're next Owen!

I took my family of 4 away for a weekend in my Turbo!

Stop trying to justify your mistake by getting others to do the same. :tongue:

And after Owen, you're next Dave!

You'll find that supermodel who wants to settle down and pump out little bambinos and you too will lust for a backseat, endless power and AWD for those Boston winters.

Last edited:

Dave made No mistake.... it was the smartest thing he did :p :D

Back