• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have a 2002+ NSX for sale?

Dave made No mistake.... it was the smartest thing he did :p :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Shawn's after you Dave!!!! Ive seen pics of Shawns girl friend and she's got marriage and lots of babies in her eyes too!

Enjoy the yellow car Shawn because you too have backseats in your future!!!

:biggrin:

GT2 and Viper ACR. Two great cars that cost a lot more than an '05 NSX and now sell for less.

I like those cars, I wouldn't trade my NSX for either.

I found a cool boosted Exige for $47k. Built right, low low kms. Nice guy to talk to as well. Question is, can I handle an Exige on regular streets? I plan to track it but maybe 10-20% tops. Super cool car though.

I found a cool boosted Exige for $47k. Built right, low low kms. Nice guy to talk to as well. Question is, can I handle an Exige on regular streets? I plan to track it but maybe 10-20% tops. Super cool car though.

That car is HORRENDOUS to drive around on anything other than a track where it is awesome... It's NOTHING like an NSX. Trust me I even had a deposit on one then after a few long drives I was like "ummmm..... NO"

They also have a lot of issues from what I hear guys around the track tell me. Not with the Toyota parts... With everything else.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341583324.538478.jpg

That car is HORRENDOUS to drive around on anything other than a track where it is awesome... It's NOTHING like an NSX. Trust me I even had a deposit on one then after a few long drives I was like "ummmm..... NO"

Ugh! Thx for bursting my bubble :(

Ugh! Thx for bursting my bubble :(

I just saved you a lot of time... LOL. Don't overlook the NSX's reliability. You do this many mods to any other car with the mileage you had on the NSX, and you will not be running trouble-free. I know Dave's new mistress is his Porsche, but you get unlucky with that yellow GT-2 and a turbo goes and you are in it for 10k. Suddenly 60k looks like less of a deal.

This is what happens. You get spoiled, then you start thinking "oh well this other car wont be so bad"... Then it breaks, needs expensive maintenance, and you look back over a few years and for the cost of all that you could have had a set of KW's, a bunch of DF carbon parts, a second set of swanky wheels, a nice stereo, etc etc... Instead, all that money went to upkeep and somehow you justify it.

Get another NSX.

Last edited:
GT2s sell for way more than an 05 NSX does - I dont know whats up with that yellow one in the link, but it has mjr problems. Theyre $90k+ in Canada and easily $75k+ in the US.

JOHN - GT3 is your answer and you can probably get one for $50k, but beware, when swbatte was looking for his, he found that about 80% of them had hit the wall and some were not fully disclosed.

If you want a totally usable supercar, get the Turbo and enjoy it as a daily 12 months of the year, or if you want a totally usable sports car that would still be a nice upgrade, consider a sweet newer 911 C2S!

You should be able to get both within your price range!

So hot!! The 997C2S is 95% of what a 996GT3 is but it is more usable and has a nicer interior.

Porsche-911-Carrera-S-Aero-Package-Carrera-White-20120604211915.jpg

I was very happy with the reliability of my NSX with a few exceptions that were covered under warranty. I was however extremely unhappy with the cost of keeping that car running - REAR tire wear on my old car was horrific. Who cares about gas prices when your rear tires are costing you $0.50/mile. And it wasnt because of camber - I would run the tires until they were entirely bald from side to side.

Ive saved thousands in rear rubber alone!

But overall, yes I agree with Dave that the NSX is a fantastically reliable machine and that that is a very important thing.

Ive been thrilled with the reliability of my Turbo so far.

my buddy has a white 997 c2s but without that aerokit.

very clean and stunning imo. interior is beautiful as well

GT2s sell for way more than an 05 NSX does - I dont know whats up with that yellow one in the link, but it has mjr problems. Theyre $90k+ in Canada and easily $75k+ in the US.

JOHN - GT3 is your answer and you can probably get one for $50k, but beware, when swbatte was looking for his, he found that about 80% of them had hit the wall and some were not fully disclosed.

If you want a totally usable supercar, get the Turbo and enjoy it as a daily 12 months of the year, or if you want a totally usable sports car that would still be a nice upgrade, consider a sweet newer 911 C2S!

You should be able to get both within your price range!

So hot!! The 997C2S is 95% of what a 996GT3 is but it is more usable and has a nicer interior.

Porsche-911-Carrera-S-Aero-Package-Carrera-White-20120604211915.jpg

Ive been thrilled with the reliability of my Turbo so far.

Porsche is fairly reliable. It's just EXPENSIVE once something does go wrong. Like "I could have bought that set of nice wheels for my NSX" expensive. LOL.

What's the difference between mods and maintenance? Both are money out of your wallet but with mods you get to keep something. With repairs and maintenance you get to say "well hopefully I won't have to do that again for a while".

Of course if you're a big time player in finance like Bio, it doesn't matter.

This thread makes my day. I love the input from you guys, it's both humbling and satisfying to see the care in thought that's posted. Thanks NSXers. Its stuff like this that makes selling an NSX difficult and keeps guys like Dave (Bio) and I coming back.

Dave makes a compelling case for a P-car, and I have been looking. Only thing is I still have a very fun, unique, twin turbo AWD 4 seater coupe in my garage that ripped a new one into a Z06 yesterday on the closed, private highway on my way home from work :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to take my time, enjoy my break from maintaining and owning 2 toys for a few months and see what the doldrums of fall and winter will carry to my shores. I have to admit my orig plan of a newer, unmolested NSX is the most attractive. I have the funds to make it happen, and the experience and knowledge to know exactly what I'd do differently the second time around (I can't believe I might fall into the statistic of the multi-NSX owning guy). Whatever happens, I'd prefer to sell my Skyline first to make my life simpler. One trump card may be a perfectly mint S2000 showing up. I've always wanted one and their cheap costs are really tempting.

Last edited:
Oyagi just go drive a bunch of cars and compare them to the cars you own and the type of car you want! Tire wear hasn't been an issue with me. Almost 2 seasons on my NSX and still over 7/32. Of course less freeways here in Winnipeg and I switched to azenis instead of the $450 each goodyears.:O
S2000 and NSX is the perfect combo track and street car. Would also consider NSX and Integra Type R. Of course if I had endless cash I'd dump the NSX for a similar looking machine.... 458 italia :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Porsche is fairly reliable. It's just EXPENSIVE once something does go wrong. Like "I could have bought that set of nice wheels for my NSX" expensive. LOL.

What's the difference between mods and maintenance? Both are money out of your wallet but with mods you get to keep something. With repairs and maintenance you get to say "well hopefully I won't have to do that again for a while".

Have you owned a 996 turbo? Something tells me you have not. Believe it or not but parts are not that bad. For example, I bought a sachs motorsports clutch for the 996TT and it was $1500. My NSX needs a clutch now and it's going to be $1500.

Buying new turbos are nowhere near $10k as you claim. I upgraded mine with a set of billet k16's for $5000 and that included a new tune. How much to turbo an NSX again?

I know you are an NSX fan but before you speak about the 996tt you should have some knowledge of the cars. Parts pricewise the NSX and 996TT are very similar and the 996TT is just as reliable. The difference is that the 996TT is a much more powerful and usable car.
As for brakes, it's about $1500 for new rotors and pads.

My ignition switch blew in my 996tt.

The part was $25 and I was able to install it myself.

There are also lots of 10yo Pcars out there with factory warranties. The entire transmission was replaced in my car under warrantly shortly before I bought it, and my PPI found a seeping front differential, also fixed under warranty.

And For $1000 you can get a bigger power improvement than my $12k (all in) ctsc gave, and have almost double the hp and more than double the tq.

Oil changes are a b!tch though because it holds twice the oil!!!

Last edited:
Back