• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have a 2002+ NSX for sale?

you're ridding your nsx?!?!!?!

Probably not. But if the $$$ is right... I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. I'd have a hard time getting much of the $15k that I've put into it the past year and a half though lol.

The hard lesson I learned is that modding a car is for your pure enjoyment only. If you like it, or must have your car in a certain state of looks and tune, all the power to ya, but never expect someone out there wanting the same. When the time comes to sell, either you will lose almost all of your mod budget in the sale or you should go about returning it to stock ( which is a major buttpain). If that's not an option, don't mod it in the first place.

I ended up pretty lucky and got my asking price, prob because my car is pretty well known in the local tuner crowd and it just happened someone with the money just had to have it the way it's built. I must say though that it is a humbling experience selling it as the ad brought out a lot of dreamers or armchair NSX "experts" who's sole duty in life is to sit back and tear in your ego dissecting why your beloved NSX is worth as much as a 1992 Civic. Glad those days are over.

My big lesson learned, and what I want to pass on to the young'uns out there is either keep your souped up NSX forever or just do the little things that make you happy but won't get picked up by the uninitiated :)

Right now though, I'm totally enjoying being NSX-less and supercar shopping :). It's amazing the number of emails or PMs I've been getting from people on the fence over selling their NSX. if I find the ideal 2002-2005 NSX, unmolested, clear history, at a great price, I will endeavor to keep her forever. These really are incredible machines, and nothing out there under $60K comes near it in terms of style, performance, engineering, and reliability. It's not often that a company with the resources like Honda steps up to the plate and belts a home run as a way to thumb their noses at the establishment :)

Viva la New Sports Experimental.

These really are incredible machines, and nothing out there under $60K comes near it in terms of style, performance, engineering, and reliability. It's not often that a company with the resources like Honda steps up to the plate and belts a home run as a way to thumb their noses at the establishment :)
Viva la New Sports Experimental.

Amen!!

John - your quote points directly to a 911 for anything under $60k. Test drive a few 911's and then decide if you'll still want a NSX.

Hate to say this but I don't think I'll be in another NSX again. After owning my 997 Carrera (pic 1) and having now owned my 993 C4S (pic 2 and 3) Porsche's just have this irresistible connection I can't explain, the drive, the feeling, the sound! Sure you see them on every corner but damn are they everyday usable and reliable. I still throw my wife, daughter, and groceries in and still bomb around town. I thought the NSX was everything until I started owning 911's...I'd love to have the new 991 as a partner to my 993. Plus my 993 gets more attention than the NSX...if that floats your boat. I can't tell you how many people come up to me asking if my 1998 993 C4S is the new 911...or those who used to own one in the past reminiscing about how they had one. They are also "appreciating or holding their values" (speaking of the air cooled 993 series cars - less made than NSX's).

Seriously go drive one...

IMG_8984.jpg

RudiImage1.jpg

WashPic3.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting as I have a totally different take on the P-Car vs. NSX theme. Long time Porsche owner including 2 993s, a 911SC, 930 and recently a 997 which I just sold and am now an owner of a pristine 1992 NSX with about 48,000 miles on it. The NSX had never really been too high on my radar and when I grew bored, disenchanted and generally tired of the GT like handling and feel of the 997 I was on the hunt. Test drove and looked at all the usual suspects, Ferraris, Maseratis, Astons and Lotus but nothing really stirred me or grabbed me the way a truly great car does, you know the one that calls your name and the one you take the extra long way home and even then you just don't want to pull into the garage.
We then tried an NSX and I was immediately hooked yes THIS was what we were looking for but the one I'd found was a little tired and I just knew from the drive that more could be wrung from this chassis so I said to myself, self, post a WTB ad on NSXPRIME figuring if there was any way to get a well represented example approach the people that know them best.
Got a very quick response and was off to see if THIS would be our new car. Within 30 seconds of the test drive I knew this was it, it was the finest handling car I had ever driven and it was immediately apparent that this car was well beyond anything I had ever driven in 32 years of sports car ownership. It was visceral, tenaciously connected and responded instantaneously to my input. This particular car had, has the NSX-R suspension and sways and had obviously been very well sorted out over time by the owner. This car got into my head, heart and soul in a way no Porsche had ever been able to and it now occupies place of pride in my garage.
Will I ever go back to a Porsche? I may or my not BUT I know there will always be an NSX in my life. To me it was like when I met my wife I knew she was perfect and I know the NSX is perfect for me as well. I have a feeling this is a start of a BEAUTIFUL friendship.

Interesting, a Prime moderator trying to sell members on another car. :D

I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm sure Porsches are amazing vehicles, but I'm not sold on the frog look, and I don't want a backseat in my sports car. It's just like with any relationship, there has to be some chemistry or the experience isn't fulfilling. The NSX sings to me in a way that no other car in the same price range does, despite its 20 year old technology. I'm glad there are different cars for other people to enjoy though; it means less competition for NSXs for people like me. :D

Last edited:
Interesting, a Prime moderator trying to sell members on another car. :D

I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm sure Porsches are amazing vehicles, but I'm not sold on the frog look, and I don't want a backseat in my sports car. It's just like with any relationship, there has to be some chemistry or the experience isn't fulfilling. The NSX sings to me in a way that no other car in the same price range does, despite its 20 year old technology. I'm glad there are different cars for other people to enjoy though; it means less competition for NSXs for people like me. :D

Well said sir! I love P Cars too but unless constrained in some way will likely not sell the X to get one. I feel they both deserve to be owned and experienced for any enthusiast... Granted not everyone has the luxury of being able to own both (myself being one of them at this time) whether for financial or practical reasons.

Haha...look I do like the NSX hence my years of commitment to the car and the forum but I've changed, my priorities have changed, so the 911 fits my lifestyle now.

Every single day my daughter walks me out to the car park and says "Papa's car" while pointing to the 911. She assumes its car time or that I'm driving it today. Now, that's not the only reason for owning the 911 as I mentioned the sound, view out the windshield, etc. is what I enjoy about the car including its design and shape, convenience etc...

I dearly miss my 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx NSX-T. If I didn't have $65k cash invested into that car I would have kept it. Its kinda sad but the NSX I owned after just didn't feel as special as that Imola...I was ruined. The 911 is 2/3rds the price and offers the same enjoyment. Maybe in the future I'll be back in another NSX but can't justify owning two super cars at the moment, at least until we get our future home sorted.

My reasoning for John looking to test drive a 911 is that too many people I've met claim to hate other cars and haven't experienced them. Heck I've owned 3 NSX's so I'm qualified to comment on the car. I'm not saying a 911 is better...but its just as good.

John - I'll be happy if you drive, experience, and go with what you feel is the best choice. Either or (NSX or 911) you'll be happy.:smile:

.... ribbit...

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Haha...look I do like the NSX hence my years of commitment to the car and the forum but I've changed, my priorities have changed, so the 911 fits my lifestyle now.

Every single day my daughter walks me out to the car park and says "Papa's car" while pointing to the 911. She assumes its car time or that I'm driving it today. Now, that's not the only reason for owning the 911 as I mentioned the sound, view out the windshield, etc. is what I enjoy about the car including its design and shape, convenience etc...

I dearly miss my 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx NSX-T. If I didn't have $65k cash invested into that car I would have kept it. Its kinda sad but the NSX I owned after just didn't feel as special as that Imola...I was ruined. The 911 is 2/3rds the price and offers the same enjoyment. Maybe in the future I'll be back in another NSX but can't justify owning two super cars at the moment, at least until we get our future home sorted.

My reasoning for John looking to test drive a 911 is that too many people I've met claim to hate other cars and haven't experienced them. Heck I've owned 3 NSX's so I'm qualified to comment on the car. I'm not saying a 911 is better...but its just as good.

John - I'll be happy if you drive, experience, and go with what you feel is the best choice. Either or (NSX or 911) you'll be happy.:smile:

Cam, Next time you are home visiting your parents, let me know... You can take mine out for a memory drive. (providing it isn't winter)

Great suggestions everyone and thanks for emails and PMs.

I looked pretty hard at all the cars suggested, lurked on a few forums and last week went and drove a 996 Turbo and came away pretty impressed. However, like phoenix said, I'm still not sold on the frog look and in my business, it seems like every newly rich dink is picking up a porsche :biggrin:. On top of that every other newly rich dink is picking up a R35 GTR and suddenly think they know everything about JDM tuning and kicking ass on the track, so I scratched that off my list too. I really like the idea behind the Lotus Elise and Exige: hardcore weight savings in a simple, reliable package powered by Toyota but I sat in one and it was way too tight.

It's never a bad idea to drop some debt like Jetpilot (kinda) said so when I was offered to trade my 1996 Skyline GTR for a virtually new (19,000 kms) 2008 S2000 CR (Club Racer track version...basically their Type R), I jumped at it.

It was dropped off yesterday and I spent a full day with it today and I love it. My kids miss my old collection of supercars and I do plan to return to something exotic in the future but for now I kinda like this little beast and can't wait to attack the track with it next month. Meanwhile, the driveway is paved, home renos have started and my income tax installments are taken care of for the rest of the year :biggrin:

3668_10151114714946224_1115828027_n.jpg

484129_10151114714731224_1242314392_n.jpg

179914_10151114715061224_843686169_n.jpg

Great suggestions everyone and thanks for emails and PMs.

I looked pretty hard at all the cars suggested, lurked on a few forums and last week went and drove a 996 Turbo and came away pretty impressed. However, like phoenix said, I'm still not sold on the frog look and in my business, it seems like every newly rich dink is picking up a porsche :biggrin:. On top of that every other newly rich dink is picking up a R35 GTR and suddenly think they know everything about JDM tuning and kicking ass on the track, so I scratched that off my list too. I really like the idea behind the Lotus Elise and Exige: hardcore weight savings in a simple, reliable package powered by Toyota but I sat in one and it was way too tight.

It's never a bad idea to drop some debt like Jetpilot (kinda) said so when I was offered to trade my 1996 Skyline GTR for a virtually new (19,000 kms) 2008 S2000 CR (Club Racer track version...basically their Type R), I jumped at it.

It was dropped off yesterday and I spent a full day with it today and I love it. My kids miss my old collection of supercars and I do plan to return to something exotic in the future but for now I kinda like this little beast and can't wait to attack the track with it next month. Meanwhile, the driveway is paved, home renos have started and my income tax installments are taken care of for the rest of the year :biggrin:

3668_10151114714946224_1115828027_n.jpg

484129_10151114714731224_1242314392_n.jpg

179914_10151114715061224_843686169_n.jpg

Nice!

So basically you traded your older Skyline for that s2000?

Yes! I thought I was clear.

GTR became the S2KCR, NSX became the home renos and taxes... :)

Last edited:
That's a nice ride Oyagi. The bad news is I'm taking you off the hottest NSX list. LOL...

Small world, Five NSX owners (me included) saw that exact car this Saturday at our coffee meet in Richmond hill. Check out a picture from Sunday. I knew the owner and he actually gave us a quick show and tell. Very clean car. Good find JC.

Can't believe you got rid of both the NSX and the Godzilla in the same month. Somehow I think you will be bored of the CR very soon. Temp fix until you find your 02+ worthy of a spot in your garage.

20120714_090834.jpg

Last edited:
We'll see how bored I get. I admit my history of going through cars is not very good but if she sings at the track I'll be very happy. I don't see this being replaced by an NSX. I've been looking for a easy track car for a while. I see the NSX sleeping next to this.

Next coffee meet expect to see my old gtr :)

Jet, I'm standing close to the fence looking to see if the grass is greener on the German side. Looking into 997 turbos and 993 turbos... Does a tall man stand a chance at fitting in one? Maintenance on a 993tt... Obviously gonna be more than an NSX, but for a summer toy... Is it reasonable? Im leaning towards the iconic 993, but the modern styling and creature comforts of a 997 is somewhat appealing.

OP... Sorry to hijack your thread.

Warren/QPDO - I'll be in Edmonton the week of August 12th to 16th (Friday 17th I fly to Kelowna).

Want to meet up in the Westend one of those evenings for dinner?:smile:

Warren - I have a gift for you and QPDO as incentive to come...NSX related too! LOL.

QPDO - PM me and we'll chat inexpensive 993 TT's for servicing...

John - great choice on the S2000CR! I had a 07 S2000 that I loved and it is such a fun car to bomb around in. See how the 996 Turbo was tempting...can you imagine a 997 Turbo or GT3?

Nice pickup! You won't be disappointed by the CR. Nice colour to ;)

I still miss mine... :(

4939179899_0e8fe69ed2_b.jpg

IMG00077-20110426-1157.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No friggen way John will be bored in an S2000 - he may find himself amongst a bunch of kids, but never bored. That car is super fun, about as fast as an NA1 NSX but more neutral. NEVER BORING.

The 997 Turbos are very similar to the 996 Turbos with the exception of the interior, which is a great improvement in my mind, and some exterior modern updates (and the round lights that everyone loves). Driving is extremely close between them with the 997 being slightly heavier. The difference in performance is so negligible that it is meaningless, especially since you can put under $1000 into your 996TT and absolutely smoke the 997TT. The splitters on the intakes can be added (I want them!!!) easily. The lights are tougher.

And one of the great things about the turbo is that its not a weekend car. If thats what you're after, you're leaving the Turbos usability on the table - get a GT3 instead if you want something like that. Turbos are meant to be driven, all year even.

PM me if you want!

Warren/QPDO - I'll be in Edmonton the week of August 12th to 16th (Friday 17th I fly to Kelowna).

Want to meet up in the Westend one of those evenings for dinner?:smile:

Warren - I have a gift for you and QPDO as incentive to come...NSX related too! LOL.

QPDO - PM me and we'll chat inexpensive 993 TT's for servicing...

John - great choice on the S2000CR! I had a 07 S2000 that I loved and it is such a fun car to bomb around in. See how the 996 Turbo was tempting...can you imagine a 997 Turbo or GT3?

Awesome. I'll be available on the 12th... but I head out of town for work on the 13th. I'll fire you a PM later today about 993's!

No friggen way John will be bored in an S2000 - he may find himself amongst a bunch of kids, but never bored. That car is super fun, about as fast as an NA1 NSX but more neutral. NEVER BORING.

The 997 Turbos are very similar to the 996 Turbos with the exception of the interior, which is a great improvement in my mind, and some exterior modern updates (and the round lights that everyone loves). Driving is extremely close between them with the 997 being slightly heavier. The difference in performance is so negligible that it is meaningless, especially since you can put under $1000 into your 996TT and absolutely smoke the 997TT. The splitters on the intakes can be added (I want them!!!) easily. The lights are tougher.

And one of the great things about the turbo is that its not a weekend car. If thats what you're after, you're leaving the Turbos usability on the table - get a GT3 instead if you want something like that. Turbos are meant to be driven, all year even.

PM me if you want!

Thanks for some more Porsche info! Unfortunately I think the front end of the 996 was a design fail so that model is a prospect.

Back