• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Dream in Blue

Absolutely stunning car. Great colour combo. Love it Love it. When was the last time you actually drove it.? I couldn't stand the wait. Keep up the good work.

Hey, Mike---when you bring it up here for Dan to do the work, LMK and I'll run out to the shop and hook up with ya. I was out there last week, that's 2 really sharp guys in that place---

lol trust me i know the feeling. i have wheels, kwv3s, cf interior steering wheel, side skirts rear splats pedals etc etc etc sitting around without a car!

Having the parts in boxes is like not having them at all. Hopefully i will have some pics of the car with new hood and spoiler in a couple of weeks.

Absolutely stunning car. Great colour combo. Love it Love it. When was the last time you actually drove it.? I couldn't stand the wait. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man, well i got up early and drove 200 miles to the shop in Nashville and when i picked it up a few days later i drove the 200 miles back around 12am. Later that morning i drove it to the paint shop. That's about all this year besides a couple of trips around the neighborhood :redface:

lol trust me i know the feeling. i have wheels, kwv3s, cf interior steering wheel, side skirts rear splats pedals etc etc etc sitting around without a car!

Yeah, if i had known it would be this much trouble but in too deep to stop now. In fact when i realized it was too late to stop, i threw more money at it.

Lots would say just look for the light at the end of the tunnel, but where i'm at the end looks like an abyss.

Mike

Last edited:
thats what scares me the most about the nsx project 'obsessions' not even the money but the amount of TIME (months and years) that many (myself included) throw into these projects. it gets in the way of real life!

Yeah, if i had known it would be this much trouble but in too deep to stop now. In fact when i realized it was too late to stop, i threw more money at it.

Lots would say just look for the light at the end of the tunnel, but where i'm at the end looks like an abyss.

Mike

I agree, that's how the rear wing is. I have a set of the convex mirrors and was trying to figure a way to make a manual mount for them so they will be as light as possible. I don't adjust my mirrors anyway.

BIG SHOUT OUT to ajnsx for being so AWESOME!!!

To go with the R look, i have decided to badge the car with the red honda emblems. I saw a post he made about removing a emblem from a new center he just purchased. I sent a PM asking if he would interested in selling the emblem and guess what? He gave it to me and even shipped it from japan for free. It's very seldom that people surprise me, what a great person he is. Thanks so much man, let me know if i can ever do anything for you :smile:

Mike

39636bd7.jpg

You're welcome, just happy to see the car getting done, great thread!

Wow, that's very generous of you ajnsx!
icon14.gif
Fitting seeing as how Mike is a valued member of the NSX community and has contributed a great deal of knowledge & assistance to others, and I am excited to see his beauty come together too!

icon14.gif
Fitting seeing as how Mike is a valued member of the NSX community and has contributed a great deal of knowledge & assistance to others, and I am excited to see his beauty come together too!

Just helping where i can, good timing i guess:smile:

thats what scares me the most about the nsx project 'obsessions' not even the money but the amount of TIME (months and years) that many (myself included) throw into these projects. it gets in the way of real life!

Yeah that's why i decided to do everything at once, couldn't drag this on for years.

icon14.gif

Thanks buddy. I try to help where i can.

You're welcome, just happy to see the car getting done, great thread!

Hey man, hope all is well :smile:

Mike

Hey guys,
Finally got the car back from the shop. The hood turned out a little darker then i like but i wasn't going to leave it any longer since it's been 4 months. Have too much to get done so i will have it repainted this winter.

Mike

0139cc63.gif

Side_4_zps76d07e0e.gif

2fc5f14b.gif

e03959a0.gif

981a43e5.gif

Side_5_zps7fd5c295.gif

4693fe45.png

Last edited:
You know how I feel about Blue but.... yours is... kinda.... ni... ni.... nnnnn...

Oh God I can't say it.

It's aight.... :tongue:

I assume it is a downforce hood? It looks good, I was very interested in the CF top and bottom as well. How id the fitment? This was what I have always been concerned about.

Haha, Dave i understand :wink:

Yes it is a downforce. The fitment was better then i expected, the worse spot being the sharp point at the driver side near the windshield. It sticks up just slightly at that point but not really noticable. When i got the hood both of those corners were cracked and had to be fixed by the shop so that could be the reason.

These are the only close shots i have.

Mike

Hood_fitment_2_zps3881b208.gif

Hood_fitment_1_zpsd315a425.gif

full CF top as well? I am interested in CF top and bottom due to we were going to leave the duct CF exposed and the rest painted. Looks good by the way.

Don't leave the center CF. It takes away from the look. Leave only the INSIDE sections of the vent CF. Circled in red to give you an idea. From far away you have a full painted look, from up close, you won't miss the CF. I wish I would have done this on my DF hood. Too late now. :frown:

Hood_fitment_2_zps3881b2081_zpseeb722ac.jpg

BTW Comtec... your brakes are puny... :biggrin:

Car looks awesome. Be careful running the pride and Ctsc. The exhaust is very restrictive and can cause engine problems. There was a tread about this, and I also called shad who agreed. I ended up with the comptech gen2. It doesn't sound as good, but I can't hear the exhaust over the blower whine anyway.

@ekin95
Thank you, it is the FRP/CF. That sounds like it would look ok but imo it would be hard to get the transition from paint to CF to look right. It wouldn't be an issue on the inside of the duct except close up but the outside would show more. It's going to have the appearance of being a seperate piece, like you just stuck a duct to the hood. I have a picture of my R spoiler that i will try to find showing the transition from CF to paint.

@TURBO2GO
No, the wheels are big :tongue:

@NetViper
Thanks Man, I am using stock cats and AEM FIC so i hope it isn't a problem. I will ask the tuner, thanks for looking out for me.

I am going to start posting some info on my plans for the SC install. Looks like it will be around 8 weeks from now :smile:.

Mike

Last edited:
Back