• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Dream in Blue

@Track.One
Hey Mike, how you guys doing? Unfortunately i seem to be having problems with everything except the work you guys did :wink:

Sorry to hear man! That's just a sign to bring the car back ;) We have been doing great...super busy and growing! I just hired a fabricator and I'm looking to move to a larger location in early 2013...keeping my fingers crossed haha.

What issues have you been having?

Good to hear man,
Well you know what a pain refinishing the SC was. Then took 5 months to get the R spoiler replaced and they made it wrong this time. The hood took months also and the color is off so it will have to be painted again. Then there was all the part delays, it's been a pain.

Mike

Will be installing the SC next week :biggrin:. I will have a nice 300 mile drive up to St Louis but the drive back might be more fun. Sounds like i may have to change the fuel pump but we'll see. Hope to see some good dyno numbers but i want to be safe.

I will be driving up on Wednesday morning.

Mike

Had a great time here in St louis hanging out with DDozier at the shop. We have the SC installed and she was on the dyno today. I will post some installed pics, more info and the numbers later since i forgot to get a copy of the dyno sheet. I believe the final was 347hp.

Mike

IMG_0103-1-1.png

Last edited:
Here are a few pics.

Mike

SC1.gif

SC2.gif

SC3.gif

SC4.gif

This is where plan to install the emblem. Need to figure out what to use to attach it without damaging the paint.

SC6.gif

SC5.gif

Hey man, that looks ok but i want to stay with the same look as the oem intake with the emblem, it's just smaller.

I test fitted the engine cover to see how it looks. I don't have the hinges yet so not sure how much i will need to modify. Looks good.

Cover1.gif

Cover2.gif

The books say the targa seal is the same but when i tried mine it was about 6" too long. Maybe someone could measure their coupe seal for me? Mine was about 78" overall.

Mike

Looks great. You are going to love the SC :)

Thanks buddy,
The whine is addictive but i have to be easy on it for a while. The oem fuel pump maxed out about 700 rpm before redline so i need to address that and the drive extension seal was out a little and i'm not sure what holds it in.

And the coolant cap won't come off without removing the targa brace as you can see in the pic above. :redface:

Mike

what part of the engine cover are you suppose to modify btw

My buddy Nuno to the rescue! :smile:

Very tastefully productive & standard setting build.

Thank you very much.

what part of the engine cover are you suppose to modify btw

The R type covers are made for the coupe and the firewall on the targa is made a little different. Since nobody would tell us why it won't fit i will document the difference and show how i modify it.

Mike

Who did you buy the cover from if SOS it should come with instructions on where to cut , I emailed them and asked if they could do it for me if I ordered it like that but they said they didn't have a machine to cut ... Bc I'm like you targa but ima remove my targa shell and wanna run open bay

Only answer i got from SOS was it doesn't fit. I told them i would get one anyway and make it work if they told me why it doesn't fit and never got a response. This is one of the covers made by Ben a couple years ago.

Don't know what they say to cut but notching the support would be noticable.

Mike

Only answer i got from SOS was it doesn't fit. I told them i would get one anyway and make it work if they told me why it doesn't fit and never got a response. This is one of the covers made by Ben a couple years ago.

Don't know what they say to cut but notching the support would be noticable.

Mike
Mike, if it's of any difference my buddy is using my other OEM coupe engine cover in his Targa.

Mike, if it's of any difference my buddy is using my other OEM coupe engine cover in his Targa.

I'm not sure how the oem cover is made on the bottom. The part of the R cover that appears to be in the way looks more like a support to keep it from flexing that may not be on the oem cover.

Mike

this blue beast looks like its REALLY coming along.

my only minor suggestion; like someone else suggested is to perhaps try a diff honda emblem.

congrats!

this blue beast looks like its REALLY coming along.

my only minor suggestion; like someone else suggested is to perhaps try a diff honda emblem.

congrats!

Thanks, they're just the oem letters and will look better when i take the orange backing off and the sc color is between them. It's just plastic to keep the adhesive from sticking.

Mike

Hi,

My buddy Nuno to the rescue! :smile:
I try to help whenever i can, so here it is: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1,98m = 198cm = 77.95"

Again, Anil converted is Targa to Coupe, but i', almost sure that the engine firewall wasn't touched and he had a OEM NSX-R engine cover :wink:

Nuno

Hi,

I try to help whenever i can, so here it is: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1,98m = 198cm = 77.95"

Again, Anil converted is Targa to Coupe, but i', almost sure that the engine firewall wasn't touched and he had a OEM NSX-R engine cover :wink:

Nuno

Thanks Man :smile:,
you must have been right about getting it even on both sides. I am ordering the hinges today so i will know more about the fit next time home. I know some people said you just need spacers to make it work but if that makes it look jacked up toward the firewall instead of even i will have to try something else.

Mike

Back