• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Dream in Blue

Well it's been about 800 miles since the install and it was too much for the oem fuel pump. It died in the best spot it could, the garage. Will change it out in the next week or so.

Good news is I finally got away from Cleveland and back home after 6 years but I had to retire to do it :wink:
I will be moving back to east Tennessee.

Mike

NSX-R Engine cover prop rod mount

Hi Everyone,
Haven't got the chance to finish the R engine cover but i did look at the NSX-R Prop Rod mounting.

The Nsx-R uses a mount similar to the coupe, mounted on the passenger side of the engine compartment. It requires drilling two holes in the car for mounting bolts, shown with red arrows below.

I did not want to drill any holes in the car so i designed and fabricated a new mount that allows me to use the NSX-R prop rod (mine is actually aluminum). It mounts without drilling into the car by using an existing unused mounting location.

Mike

Here is my new Wideband AFR, display mounted in the clock.

Zeitronix Zt-3 wideband with the Hacker/Tweaker display mounted in the clock housing.

Mike

Hi everyone!
I finally completed my engine cover. This may be the first one designed for the Targa.

"NSX-T" NSX-R engine cover :)

The NSX-R engine cover is designed for the coupe and it doesn't fit correctly on the targa. You can install it with thick spacers but it would sit at an angle, higher near the window and lower toward the rear. When viewed from the side there is a gap between the body and seal on the sides and the front sits too high on the window. It might look ok with the hatch down but with the hatch raised it looks bad.

So i decided to modify the R cover to fit correctly on my NSX-T. I cut off the support beam enough to relocate the beam 1-1/2" toward the back. I created a new support from aluminum, riveted it in place and fiberglass it all back in. Now it fits perfectly flat like it should be, i'm very happy with it. :D

Mike

Last edited:
Mike - Fantastic update. Always enjoy seeing your car in photos! Hope all is well and you haven't had to deliver any tires/wheels recently. :)

Hey buddy,
All is well, I hope it's the same for you! Haha, no wheels lately but I did have to deliver an exhaust ;). I'm not in Cle anymore, had to retire to get home.

Mike

Mike - Fantastic update. Always enjoy seeing your car in photos! Hope all is well and you haven't had to deliver any tires/wheels recently. :)

I changed my No Drill prop mount design to correct an issue when the rod was down. I also designed a bracket to mount the clip that holds the rod when down. Everything installed it fits perfect and even clears the sc alternator. I will have them both powdercoated black.

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
Prop Mount

Hey Guys,
Got the No Drill R Prop Mounts back from the powder coat shop and installed mine. I love the way everything turned out and very happy with the final parts. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I was able to get an almost exact match on the color to that of the OEM prop rod. Really like the color on the rod hold down bracket because it hides the unfinished look of the oem bracket. I would for sure rather have it then the oem R hold down bracket. My car is worst case scenario with the air pump lines and the sc but everything fits. That completes my R engine cover install and without drilling any holes in the car. :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Hi Everyone!
I designed a new prop rod for my NSX-R engine cover. It allows more clearance for the super charger alternator, has a better stance when up and props the cover slightly higher. Made from 6061 Aluminum and powder coated Black same as the No Drill Prop Mount (oem color). Below you can see the difference, also have Black and White ends i can change out if the mood changes.

Mike

Back