• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners, post YOUR garage or workspace.

this is only one i have of my garage interior.
I love your choice of cars, but we've had this discussion before, on a different forum, haven't we.
The only picture I have of my garage is my avatar. I had to raise the ceiling a foot, it's 11'5", the lift is a double wide bendpak, and I park the 2 DD's beneath the two toys.

This is the perfect thread for me. I just bought a new house and want to finish the garage. So far, all I have is epoxy flooring. Deciding on wall colors and these pics give me great ideas. Thanks everyone.

what do you mean by "post tension slab"?

I ask because I do plan on doing a lift.

Post tension slabs are reinforced concrete slabs in where metal "tendons" are laid in the slab and tensioned towards the end of the drying cycle of the concrete. It creates a very solid foundation in areas with high soil expansion that can cause foundation cracking like Arizona. My first home was post tension, my current home is not. Drilling into post tension is forbidden as it will compromise the structure. Therefore, no lifts. :frown:

Steve

Was looking around for a parking lift to make room in garage & found this retailer show casing a beauty. Thought i share.

http://www.asedeals.com/images/PL7-Parking-Lift-2.jpg

Thats exactly what I want. Only downside of 4 post lift is you can work on suspension but should be good for oil changes and car storage which is what I want.

I see the prices on their website and its not to bad. I think I will have to modify my garage door and door opener to provide vertical clearance though.

Post tension slabs are reinforced concrete slabs in where metal "tendons" are laid in the slab and tensioned towards the end of the drying cycle of the concrete. It creates a very solid foundation in areas with high soil expansion that can cause foundation cracking like Arizona. My first home was post tension, my current home is not. Drilling into post tension is forbidden as it will compromise the structure. Therefore, no lifts. :frown:

Steve

oh ok. Have you thought about 4 post lifts? It looks like those are frestanding and dont require drilling.

Steve

My 4 post lift is free-standing - no drilling necessary!

Thats exactly what I want. Only downside of 4 post lift is you can work on suspension but should be good for oil changes and car storage which is what I want.

I see the prices on their website and its not to bad. I think I will have to modify my garage door and door opener to provide vertical clearance though.

Most 4 post lifts have a jacking bridge option that allows you to support the car on the lift for suspension work.

Wow, some really cool garages here. We finished our garage project last Spring. Yes that is carpet (heavy duty carpet mats from autosport catalog) so I am the only one on the block who vacuums their garage. :biggrin: At least I use a Dyson. :tongue:

1cf5fdd9.jpg

e37af73e.jpg

9268b88d.jpg

c0979bcf.jpg

e9e949dd.jpg

872e8a33.jpg

Thank you all for posting up your garage pictures, they truly are inspiring.

I did all the work myself, including setting the tile and digging the pit for the lift. The total budget, including the floor, cabinets, benches and lift was less than $3,500. Everything in the place is second-hand, re-purposed or home-made. I have a LOT of hours in the place.

I also made a website for it: http://www.12-gaugegarage.com

garage2012littlered.jpg

Jack, thank you so much for posting up your garage, photos and website. I can't wait to delve into your build over the next couple of days. I've been wanting to do a garage remodel, but at the moment lack the funds to do so. But seeing your INCREDIBLE garage build has really inspired me to get back to my creative roots and made me realize that money isn't everything in a build. It's about being creative and detail oriented, which you have obviously mastered.

I spend a lot of time in my garage, and if it looked like that, I'd never leave.

Here's mine in all of its unimpressive glory:
7468259486_6a64da6448_b.jpg

A better shot of the interior. I look upset because I had gotten a state ref ticket and was demodifying my car :)
437319161_68a7b1daee_b.jpg

Lighting is going to be first I think.

YESSSS!, just saw the link to the video. The cutdown vesion without the how its done is literally the best under 2 min video I can ever remember watching. LOVE IT:biggrin:

I'm right there with you. 1/8-acre lot. 20'x21' garage, with low ceilings, built right up to the edge of the property line back in 1925. Any tear-down-type mods and I have to set everything back from the property boundary by five feet, which would mean a 15'x16' (?!) garage as my only option.

But my job meant I was out on strike for a hundred days in 2007, and I got started on doing what I could with what I had. I had a $500 budget to start with (my wife and I were both on strike -- so no income), and it just kept going from there.

If it's not okay to post a non-NSX garage, the mods can feel free to delete this. The car is German and old, not Japanese and Senna-inspired. But it's a garage with a lot of ideas in it that maybe someone here could use.

I did all the work myself, including setting the tile and digging the pit for the lift. The total budget, including the floor, cabinets, benches and lift was less than $3,500. Everything in the place is second-hand, re-purposed or home-made. I have a LOT of hours in the place.

I also made a website for it: http://www.12-gaugegarage.com

garage2012littlered.jpg

img0444g.jpg

img0440nzs.jpg

img0445bg.jpg

img0467ah.jpg

img0434cp.jpg

img0426i.jpg

Work benches that fold down from the wall:

bothdown.jpg

img0427id.jpg

june282012au.jpg

And it's got its own a video:

The 12-Gauge Garage Video

And yes, a video just about the lift I put in:

My Garage Lift

Is it always this clean? No. Not by a long shot.

humpty.jpg

But it does go back to clean very quickly -- that's the real accomplishment of it, I think. I finally took the time to work out a place for everything to go when It's not being used.

In practice, it makes a huge difference not having to spend so much time looking for things you've misplaced. I spent years doing that. :mad:

Jack Olsen
1972 Porsche 911
And a cool two-car garage

Mr. Jack Olsen

That is a very well thought out garage! Fantastic work - and at an outstanding budget!

Congrats
Thanks! Although if I could have afforded more, I'm sure I would have spent more.

Thank you all for posting up your garage pictures, they truly are inspiring.

Jack, thank you so much for posting up your garage, photos and website. I can't wait to delve into your build over the next couple of days. I've been wanting to do a garage remodel, but at the moment lack the funds to do so. But seeing your INCREDIBLE garage build has really inspired me to get back to my creative roots and made me realize that money isn't everything in a build. It's about being creative and detail oriented, which you have obviously mastered.

I spend a lot of time in my garage, and if it looked like that, I'd never leave.

Here's mine in all of its unimpressive glory:
7468259486_6a64da6448_b.jpg

A better shot of the interior. I look upset because I had gotten a state ref ticket and was demodifying my car :)

437319161_68a7b1daee_b.jpg

Lighting is going to be first I think.
I love California, but the State Referee tickets are a good reason to hate the place. It sucks, and is really only there to crack down on younger people who love cars -- which is so counter to the automotive legacy of this state that it makes your head spin.

It's one of the very few benefits of being an old guy that the CHP has always left me alone. (Would I trade that to be 20 again? Well, maybe.) And I guess it's an accidental benefit of owning such an old car that the thing is smog exempt and not subject to the same kinds of inspections.

However, I had the same look on my face when I found out that the engine I bought for the car six months earlier needed to be rebuilt because of a stupid mistake made at a Jiffy-Lube-type place at some point in the previous owner's tenure.

But it got done.

theuglyc.jpg

enginestand.jpg

pistonscylindersheads.jpg

wideshot.jpg

YESSSS!, just saw the link to the video. The cutdown vesion without the how its done is literally the best under 2 min video I can ever remember watching. LOVE IT:biggrin:

Ha! It's way over the top. But if you watch it with an understanding of how much work was involved in digging that hole and then filling it with concrete -- and how much of a leap I was taking that the thing would even work -- then you understand that the music fit the moment perfectly. I've got a clip somewhere of me getting up from my hiding place. I had to touch two wires together to raise the lift -- another two wires to lower it -- and then use the garage remote for the doors. My wife saw enough of it to confirm what she already knows: that I'm nuts. :smile:

Here's the short version. I had to slow the lift's ascent down so that it would fit with the music.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9taIj0qw5SM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is an awesome video, and a sweet garage. It would have been funny if you had a bunch of buddies lifting the car up from the floor, lol. I wish my garage was 1/10 organized as yours. :frown:

Peiserg - how tall is your garage ceiling?

Not sure. Been a qhile since i measured.

I can tell you it isn't exceptional. maybe 9.5 ft.

it clears the nsx/gt no problem. it also clears the audi rs6/nsx or gt with a very minor amount of space to spare.

See, if i was in the Phoen$x 0.001%, i could afford a 20 ft RV garage. No such luck here.

Last edited:
Wow, you guys keep mightly tidy ships. I do a bunch of projects / wrenching in my garage and it is messy. It also doubles as storage space so I have boxes and tires piled to the ceiling. Hats off to you guys that keep your garages so clean.

picture.php

picture.php

So weird, guys replying on this thread I haven't seen in years!

My garage in-progress

I am currently finishing up my new garage. Just finished tiling the floor, and am in the middle of putting up some cabinets (They're Ikea kitchen cabinets). Unfortunately, I sprained my thumb while installing the wall cabinets, so I'll have to rest for a couple of days until the swelling and pain subsides.

What it's like now:
garageprogress01.jpg

garageprogress02.jpg

garageprogress03.jpg

Pics with the NSX on the new tile:
finishedtile01.jpg

finishedtile04.jpg

Ekin95, do you have a 05 g35 too lol. I got a 04 lbbp and silver g35. What's the odds. My garage isn't cool enough to post. Plus can't do it off I pad haha.

Ekin95, do you have a 05 g35 too lol. I got a 04 lbbp and silver g35. What's the odds. My garage isn't cool enough to post. Plus can't do it off I pad haha.

Sure you can. As Turbo2go showed me you can upload the photo's to Photobucket and copy paste the IMG link on here. These garage pics are really starting to inspire me. Love to see more... Nd sorry guys might be "borrowing'' some ideas.

Back