• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners, post YOUR garage or workspace.

I'm going to bump this thread back up even though I don't drive an NSX. I made a video about my shop that some of the guys following this thread might like. I don't have a built-in carwash, unfortunately. But I do have a thing to slide the camera on for slick, commercial-like shots. :)

I have seen your build thread before and always respected your small but efficient garage. The flip down welding table is like icing on cake!
Side note, I used to have a 1972 911. Miss that car, but I dont think about it much when Im driving the NSX :)

Thanks for sharing the video!

I think the name of this thread should be "Fantasy Garage". Most of us have garages that have to contend with the storage of kids' bicycles, toys, lawnmowers, snowblowers, and if you have a wife like mine, so much junk that it makes the set of "Sanford & Son" look neat and tidy. I can barely get two cars into it. But I'm certainly envious of some of the garages that I've viewed on this thread!

Last edited:
I think the name of this thread should be "Fantasy Garage". Most of us have garages that have to contend with the storage of kids' bicycles, toys, lawnmowers, snowblowers, and if you have a wife like mine, so much junk that it makes the set of "Sanford & Son" look neat and tidy. I can barely get two cars into it. But I'm certainly envious of some of the garages that I've viewed on this thread!

haha Mine is the same as yours....its a garage and a self storage unit.:rolleyes:

haha Mine is the same as yours....its a garage and a self storage unit.:rolleyes:

Mine is the same way...

Ed_Garage.jpg

Since that is a reality for many of us, it only shows how much alike we all really can be. There is a similar thread to this on Ferrari Chat. Many of theirs are very nice, but you'd be surprised at how "junkie" some of the garages on there are...LOL!

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/detailing-showroom/4374-garage-pics.html

View attachment 142672View attachment 142673

There is an attic in the garage and I had all of the hoses run through the ceiling. It also has integrated speakers that allow me to play music from my main computer or listen to Sirius while I work. I don't do anything too major but do brakes, oil, some body work, and other jobs in the garage. Wish I could expand it to 4 bays and put in a lift (not enough ceiling height).

View attachment 142672View attachment 142673

...and put in a lift (not enough ceiling height).
I hear this often...I have 9' ceilings and can only lift my car about 4 feet off the floor with my 4-pole lift. BUT, I spend many happy hours rolling around under the car on a little autozone rolling stool and my rockers and wheels stay real clean (as I lift the car to an easy height to work on them).

I was considering a scissor lift but I have the ceiling beam and garage doors. I would only get a few feet. Not worth it. 🙁

I was considering a scissor lift but I have the ceiling beam and garage doors. I would only get a few feet. Not worth it. ��
Since I have "short" cars...I can stack them with 9' ceilings.
The scissor lift takes up (in my case) valuable floor space.
Copy of NSX BMW stacked side.JPG

Thinking about adding phase 2 to my garage.... phase two would consist of more lifts, more fab area, and maybe a paint booth. I could make some good money with my auto body friends doing side projects.

My new garage

Just completed our new home in Michigan and my baby finally has a proper home! Insulated with heating and air, 10 foot ceilings, epoxy floors, about 920 sq ft. Hot and cold water outlets, built in workbench and lots of lighting.

IMG_3517.jpgIMG_3536.jpgIMG_3529.jpgIMG_3530.jpgIMG_3532.jpgIMG_3531.jpgIMG_3533.jpgIMG_3534.jpgIMG_3537.jpg

i'm going to bump this thread back up even though i don't drive an nsx. I made a video about my shop that some of the guys following this thread might like. I don't have a built-in carwash, unfortunately. But i do have a thing to slide the camera on for slick, commercial-like shots. :)

awesome!!

moved into new house... Nice high ceilings for lift and had the floor coated

Attachments

• garage 1.jpg
    garage 1.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 423
  • garage 2.jpg
    garage 2.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 422
Back