• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Denso 195130-1020 fuel pump

Did anyone install a Denso 195130-1020 fuel pump? It's used in the Toyota Supra MKIV.

After rewiring the Walbro 255 LHP to 14 volts I hate it for it's humming in the back.

Last edited:
I haven't done one on an NSX, but they were a common pump many years ago. Since then, the fuel pump options expanded. From memory, the body of the pump is larger than a Walbro 255, and could be comparable to a Bosch 044(maybe a tiny bit smaller) which both fit in the NSX.

how did you mount the Walbro? I really can not hear my Walbro if the engine is running.

Dave
I've bought it from SoS with the dampening hardware and rubber cushion. I don't hear it whining, it's more like a resonance of the fuel tank with a frequency of somewhere around 100-300 hertz. The resonance is changing a little bit which makes me go crazy. It's annoying up to 50 mph. Above that the road noise is too high.
I suspect that we put too much pressure on the cushion and now the vibrations go up the pump hardware and resonate the fuel tank. The fuel tank is about half. I've read in the internet that people used dynamat on the fuel tank. :(
I'm going to throw it out for sure and mount a differnt pump. Denso for Supra would be an option. Is superior OEM quality too and said to be much quieter but consuming more current.

I've bought it from SoS with the dampening hardware and rubber cushion. I don't hear it whining, it's more like a resonance of the fuel tank with a frequency of somewhere around 100-300 hertz. The resonance is changing a little bit which makes me go crazy. It's annoying up to 50 mph. Above that the road noise is too high.
I suspect that we put too much pressure on the cushion and now the vibrations go up the pump hardware and resonate the fuel tank. The fuel tank is about half. I've read in the internet that people used dynamat on the fuel tank. :(
I'm going to throw it out for sure and mount a differnt pump. Denso for Supra would be an option. Is superior OEM quality too and said to be much quieter but consuming more current.

That is a bummer, dropping a fuel tank in a NSX is one of my least favorite jobs to do on the car. I have had a bad Walbro that made a lot more noise than normal. I changed one out for another local guy and ended up doing that job twice as the pump was noisy, installed another Walbro in its place using all the same mounting parts and it was as quite as can be. I have actually got in the habbit of testing all new pumps prior to installing them in the tank to test for flow and noise.

I have done about 20 Walbro's over the years and a hand full of Deatschwerks pumps with very few failures from either. If you are still looking at pumps take a look at the DW200 and DW300 in tank pumps.

Dave

Thanks for your advice. In a few weeks I can compare it to a friends car with a similar setup and the same pump. If it's quieter in his car then it's too bad I gave him the quieter pump of the two I've ordered. :D
I won't install a Walbro anymore. If I can get an OEM Denso pump for a Toyota Supra then I go this route to OEM quality. Thanks for the hint to DW pumps. I'm not sure about DW and their quality, I'm not into gambling anymore. It's a PITA to change the pump I know I may do it next year but better than going crazy due to the noises.
Does anybody know a liable Toyota parts store with genuine parts which ships overseas?
Does anybody know Kyosan fuel pumps? They're are claimed to be Denso.

Last edited:
I'm not fond of unreliable chinese copies from eBay and the like.

Last edited:
The Walbro-nightmare continues. After an extended drive with a lot of boost the cars smells like something is burning electrically, not on the inside but on the outside of the car. I know that the wire from the cabin to the pump has not been changed as it meant to drop the fuel-tank again. I'm pretty sure that's the cause. Very, very soon, I'm getting a Toyota Supra fuel-pump, update the wiring to 20A and get wrid of the bloddy-bastard-noisy-Walbro!

I had my dealer install my Walbro. Labor was about $300 or so. When I turn the key I can hear it kick on for 2-3 seconds. Besides that, it makes no noise. Perhaps you can get yours replaced under warranty.

I had my dealer install my Walbro. Labor was about $300 or so. When I turn the key I can hear it kick on for 2-3 seconds. Besides that, it makes no noise. Perhaps you can get yours replaced under warranty.
Thanks for the hint. We've installed it DIY so we're the guys who will warranty that. :)

Update: after more than 4 years of obstacles, excuses and sorrys I got around to install my favored Denso 195130-1020 and thrown the Walbro 255 LPH out.

The Supra fuel pump is so nice and quiet, I can't hear it at all. I thought it was not working at all when I first started the car.

The current consumption went up from 4 A (stock) over 6.5 A (Walbro 255 LPH) to finally 16 A (Denso 195130-1020) at +-43 psi which can go to up to 19 A at 80 psi. So good wiring is obligatory. I went with AWG 11 instead of 13 because the wiring is subject to heat of the engine compartment.

Pic: the lower is the Denso 195130-1020, the upper is the Walbro 255 LPH but with the sound insulator cut away (what a bloody hell to get the bloody carrier out with the foam insulator still installed, half of it remained as bits and pieces within the fuel tank. I had to get a schoolboy to get the bits and pieces out of the fuel tank. Good to know he's a no-smoker).

I know that people had better experiences like me with the Walbro but I simply got a noisy one while others got a quiet one. Too much of a variance and not worth the hassle. If you want JDM quality do yourself an favor a get a Denso 195130-1020. You get what you pay for. Period.

Readings: http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1405-fuel-pump-shootout-part-2/

I have done about 20 Walbro's over the years and a hand full of Deatschwerks pumps with very few failures from either. If you are still looking at pumps take a look at the DW200 and DW300 in tank pumps.

Dave
Maybe Deatschwerks would have been an alternative. Searching on YouTube you can find dozens of video of people 'showing' the noise of their Walbro but none of them of a Deatschwerks. On this or that forum you can read that some people moved from Walbro to Deatschwerks. One thing the Denso fuel pump is really nice is that it installs exactly like an OEM Denso pump, the fittings are in the exactly same place.

Attachments

• IMG_2251.JPG
    IMG_2251.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Back