Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Videos of my Turbo NSX.

  1. #1
    Registered User EAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wildwood, MO
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Red face Videos of my Turbo NSX.

    I guess I should post this in the right sub forum


    Good grief, can someone embed this first one for me?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I85GklVvBc8



    Last edited by EAC; 07-13-2012 at 21:31.
    96 NSX - 6 Speed - Turbocharged GT37R - 10 PSI
    2007 Acura RL
    2005 Honda Element

  2. #2
    Registered User CL65 Captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    5,389
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Videos of my Turbo NSX.

    So you turned the NSX from a well balanced car to a "point and shoot" car? Could have done that with a Mustang.

  3. #3
    Registered User EAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wildwood, MO
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Videos of my Turbo NSX.

    Quote Originally Posted by CL65 Captain View Post
    So you turned the NSX from a well balanced car to a "point and shoot" car? Could have done that with a Mustang.
    but at the end of the day, I'd still have a mustang
    96 NSX - 6 Speed - Turbocharged GT37R - 10 PSI
    2007 Acura RL
    2005 Honda Element

  4. #4
    Registered User CL65 Captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    5,389
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Videos of my Turbo NSX.

    Not sure what you are currently running, but a set of good tires like Dunlop Z1 or Yomomma AD08s would probably go a long way to helping the car hook up before you drive that car sideways off the road. I'm not sure whether NT01s or R888s would be better or worse because they need to heat up to stick.

  5. #5
    Registered User CL65 Captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    5,389
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Videos of my Turbo NSX.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAC View Post
    but at the end of the day, I'd still have a mustang
    I don't know, this one doesn't seem too bad. I think it needs a bumper sticker on the back - "my other car is an NSX".


  6. #6
    Registered User EAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wildwood, MO
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Videos of my Turbo NSX.

    Quote Originally Posted by CL65 Captain View Post
    Not sure what you are currently running, but a set of good tires like Dunlop Z1 or Yomomma AD08s would probably go a long way to helping the car hook up before you drive that car sideways off the road. I'm not sure whether NT01s or R888s would be better or worse because they need to heat up to stick.
    Yes, I definitely need tires. I'm still not sure what tires I'll go with as I'm not entirely sure I want to stay with my Volk CE28's.

    But, yeah, these tires make things interesting
    96 NSX - 6 Speed - Turbocharged GT37R - 10 PSI
    2007 Acura RL
    2005 Honda Element

  7. #7
    Registered User WashabiS2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    264
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Videos of my Turbo NSX.

    this car sure has come a long way since Gordon had it! :P
    Porsche 993 C4
    Honda NSX-T
    Honda S2000 ASM Widebody Supercharged SOLD
    Lotus Elise 111s (K20 Project) SOLD

  8. #8
    Registered User INDY790's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    109
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Videos of my Turbo NSX.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAC View Post
    Yes, I definitely need tires. I'm still not sure what tires I'll go with as I'm not entirely sure I want to stay with my Volk CE28's.

    But, yeah, these tires make things interesting
    I went with Toyo R888 and I have no loss in traction for street use.

  9. #9
    Registered User EAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wildwood, MO
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Nitto NT01's a few months ago, but haven't got a chance to install them yet.
    96 NSX - 6 Speed - Turbocharged GT37R - 10 PSI
    2007 Acura RL
    2005 Honda Element

  10. #10
    Registered User knuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    110
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like one hell of a monster!

    how much power does it produce ?

  11. #11
    Registered User Dimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    646
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice!! Sounds mean

    btw, have you ever thought about a deep dish steering wheel or a longer wheel hub? It looks like you have to almost lock your arms to reach the steering wheel.
    Supercharged Widebody NSX NA1 NSX Club Europe Tour 2014, May 16-18, sign up HERE

  12. #12
    Registered User EAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wildwood, MO
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimer View Post
    nice!! Sounds mean

    btw, have you ever thought about a deep dish steering wheel or a longer wheel hub? It looks like you have to almost lock your arms to reach the steering wheel.
    That was me leaning far back trying to keep my mug out of the picture! Ha!
    96 NSX - 6 Speed - Turbocharged GT37R - 10 PSI
    2007 Acura RL
    2005 Honda Element

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •