• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Realtors here? Thinking about a change in career

I'd like to get advice from some current or past realtors about the job. I'm thinking about a change. I know the market is pretty bad right now and there's a lot of competition, but honestly, anything is a move up for me right now. I'm thinking it's still a step up.

I'd like to get real details... How much "product" can you expect to move currently? Typical commission? What companies should I watch out for? With so many short sales out there, is there a big drop in commission for those? How far do you drive to show some houses? Overall, would you get into the job right now? Is commercial real estate a better option? etc...

I went to school and got my license here where we live 10 years ago. It was easy, 90 hours and $400. They tell you right up front that a full 85% will not be doing real estate after 2 years. They burn out or run out of money. I put my license on inactive status with the state and never did anything with it.

Hey! How you doing, Craig?

I met with a realtor and got their spiel. It seems like a cool job but I just don't have the money to do anything else at this point. The reason I was wondering was because my food truck was effectively put out of business for a month; just after my first month of business... I thought about selling it... But, it looks like I'll be starting again in the next day or so. I'm pretty much starting from scratch again. :( You should come out to food truck thursdays at Gallivan Center and check us out!
Look us up Como Lomo Peruvian food truck on facebook or twitter.

Back