• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan RSII group buy: gauging interest

I wanted to see how many people here may be interested in a group buy of the new Advan RSII wheel. If performance is your thing to go along with looks, this is your wheel. New for 2012 even lighter and strong than the standard RS with a slightly better concave shape. Very BBK friendly, and using flow forming technology to create a very strong wheel. After much looking and thought, I am going to be going with this wheel. Several members have expressed interest so please just reply if you have an interest in putting together a group buy which I can then shop around. The 17x8 wheel is supposed to be under 15 pounds. These wheels are lighter than NSX-R wheels. 2 new colors are available, hyper black and semi-gloss black. Hyper black is an undercoat of silver, and changes shades between a dark silver to a light gunmetal. Lighter than last year's RS.

For info click here:

http://yokohamawheel.jp/brand/advan_rs2/index_jpn.html

I expect prices to be in the mid 2K range for a 17/18 setup. Please reply if interested. Mods please note, I am only trying to see if there is interest, this is not an actual group buy thread.

7115010953_fa8035bf2e_z.jpg

65792_10150626273849471_334118654470_9525279_175668796_n.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody have this wheel with 17/18 setup on their NSX? Please post pic if you have them. I like the light weight but am still hesitated to pull the trigger due to the multispoke design. I prefer the classic 5-spoke.

Anybody have this wheel with 17/18 setup on their NSX? Please post pic if you have them. I like the light weight but am still hesitated to pull the trigger due to the multispoke design. I prefer the classic 5-spoke.

This is a brand new wheel, as far as I know, no one has this at least in the states yet. The look is very similar to the RS, which you can find here (scroll down for more picts):
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Advan/RS/

If you're looking for a thicker spoke wheel, this one probably isn't for you. There are a couple options here:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/wheels_single.asp

-- Chris

Hello,

I am definitely interested. 17 and 18, silver in color.

Thanks

Please e-mail us with size and color requested, we will respond back with pricing at 3 or more buyers.

-- Chris

I might be interested depending on the discount. What colors are available? Obviously, Hyper Black, semi-gloss black, and silver. Is gunmetal still available?

Please e-mail us with size and color requested, we will respond back with pricing at 3 or more buyers.

-- Chris

Ummm... Chris no offense but you are hijacking my thread. I've done a lot of legwork on this, and now you are on my thread saying if anyone is interested contact SOS? :confused:

I'm certainly for supporting a company like yours, an nsx vendor... and you'll certainly be one of the guys I present the GB to. If you are competitive and all else is equal, I'd prefer to buy from you. But you won't be the only company I am going to contact.

If you want to setup your own GB you are welcome to it, but I am telling guys that I have spent months researching this wheel, it's availability, it's weights, what the best offsets are for the NSX (which isn't what most assume), and also who wil have stock, when, and for how much. I have ruled out certain vendors, and I have received some very competitive pricing.

I am asking anyone that wants to benefit from my research to announce their interest, and then I will take that to a vendor. One of them, will be you. It will happen through whoever can give the best price, the best service, deliver the fastest... With an extra nod and preference towards our "local" vendors.

Last edited:
I might be interested depending on the discount. What colors are available? Obviously, Hyper Black, semi-gloss black, and silver. Is gunmetal still available?

No. Not on the RSII. So far the two colors available are Racing Hyper Black, and semi gloss black. The racing hyper black is the closest replacement to the gunmetal color. Semi gloss black has a bit more sheen than flat black. Personally I am getting the hyper black. It does NOT look as light as the silver pictured. It's darker but it does shift shades. here is a more representative photo:

fc18ccfe.jpg

Blah... Ric 5 spoke is on everything from a Taurus to a Camry. How many OEM wheels do you see with this color and design? These pop, they look larger than they are, highly concave, light, and strong, in great offsets. As you might have seen I've thought of every wheel, and have just realized this is the best there is.

Go to the widebody nsx thread. Look at Ravi's orange NSX. Those are RS. Look at Vroooom's car. That's advan RS. you see how well it shows off your brakes? 5 spoke designs use fat spokes. Fat is out. Thin is in.

Last edited:

The one thing I can tell you is that I've already done a lot of research and the price I have so far is VERY competitive. I'm not getting anything out of this. I just had several peeps PM me and ask questions, so I thought why not setup a GB and see if I can get a further discount for everybody. Guys, I'm paying the same price everyone else is getting. I'm trying to help others.

Ummm... Chris no offense but you are hijacking my thread. I've done a lot of legwork on this, and now you are on my thread saying if anyone is interested contact SOS? :confused:

I'm certainly for supporting a company like yours, an nsx vendor... and you'll certainly be one of the guys I present the GB to. If you are competitive and all else is equal, I'd prefer to buy from you. But you won't be the only company I am going to contact.

If you want to setup your own GB you are welcome to it, but I am telling guys that I have spent months researching this wheel, it's availability, it's weights, what the best offsets are for the NSX (which isn't what most assume), and also who wil have stock, when, and for how much. I have ruled out certain vendors, and I have received some very competitive pricing.

I am asking anyone that wants to benefit from my research to announce their interest, and then I will take that to a vendor. One of them, will be you. It will happen through whoever can give the best price, the best service, deliver the fastest... With an extra nod and preference towards our "local" vendors.

I'm sorry, I took this as you were looking for a vendor to support a group buy.

All vendors will have the same delivery time as long as they actually place the order when the customer places the order. I think our service and experience with these is excellent (we have done several custom programs with Advan/Yokohama Tire, including an exclusive made wheel for the S2000), and our pricing will be as competitive as possible while still being able to offer the support our customers deserve.

Should it work out, just let us know - we've had interest in putting together a group buy prior to this and I will make a separate thread with details.

-- Chris

Should it work out, just let us know - we've had interest in putting together a group buy prior to this and I will make a separate thread with details.

-- Chris

So what are you saying then? I am gathering a group of interested parties. Once I know who is in, who wants what, my plan is to present that to the vendors I have spoken with already, and someone like you. If you are going to setup a GB now, then you can't present one set of options and prices on your GB, and another set to me and whoever else has decided to group in with me. So would I then just look at your GB, get a price, and assume that that's the final deal from SOS?

Do you see what I mean? I mean the timing here is weird because I post this thread, and the same day you post a GB. You are splitting up a group of potential buyers, when you could possibly have them all. I mean obviously you are free to do what you want, but is this what you want to do? I'm not trying to take business away from you. But I've been talking about these wheels for like 3 months... Why didn't you offer up a GB then? This is as if I had an item for sale, and I put it in the marketplace the exact same time someone else puts theirs on there. It doesn't make sense. I'm in the middle of this, what do I do now? Delete my thread and let you do yours?I mean I get the whole support thing and margins, believe me. I own my own business that's very service oriented. I'm kind of lost now but I can't just quit I have to continue so I guess we will just have two advan RSII threads. Mine is not an actual group buy anyway, I'm not a vendor.

Last edited:
The one thing I can tell you is that I've already done a lot of research and the price I have so far is VERY competitive. I'm not getting anything out of this. I just had several peeps PM me and ask questions, so I thought why not setup a GB and see if I can get a further discount for everybody. Guys, I'm paying the same price everyone else is getting. I'm trying to help others.

In all likelyhood, I'm in. I've been looking at the RS and pretty much decided that's the wheel I want. Didn't even know that there was an RSII. I'd be interested in the Semi-gloss black, which is the first pic in your original post, right? I'm also thinking of doing an 18/19 setup.

Thanks for all your effort and giving others a chance to get it.

Last edited:
In all likelyhood, I'm in. I've been looking at the RS and pretty much decided that's the wheel I want. Didn't even know that there was an RSII. I'd be interested in the Semi-gloss black, which is the first pic in your original post, right? I'm also thinking of doing an 18/19 setup.

Thanks for all your effort and giving others a chance to get it.

Yes, first pic is semi-gloss black.

First pic is hyper black and second pic is semigloss black or the other way around?

2 new colors are available, hyper black and semi-gloss black. Hyper black is an undercoat of silver, and changes shades between a dark silver to a light gunmetal. Lighter than last year's RS.

Last edited:
First color is semi-gloss, second is hyper silver.

Last edited:
I am not wanting to hijack anyone's thread and again I apologize for misunderstanding the nature of this thread. As a vendor with a relationship with the manufacture - we have the ability to arrange not only for special pricing, but also special options like colors/finishes if the demand is there - both of which may be valuable for interested buyers. I was simply offering our services. I understand the duplicate effort may be counterproductive. If we can be of help, please drop us a line.

If we can get a final price, i'd be interested. probably going to go with the standard 17x8, 18x10 fitment, aggressive offsets (+37 up front?) and in hyper black. I'm about 50%. I like my weds but i like these wheels more.

I'm with you on this. I might be interested depending on price.

If we can get a final price, i'd be interested. probably going to go with the standard 17x8, 18x10 fitment, aggressive offsets (+37 up front?) and in hyper black. I'm about 50%. I like my weds but i like these wheels more.

same here excatly what he said!

Guys there are three colors. This is semi Gloss black:

And this is Racing Hyper Black:

fc18ccfe.jpg

This is Hyper silver:

From what I have been told, the Racing Hyper Black is lighter than the old gunmetal, but it is NOT silver.

PM me if you want to know the best price I have received so far. We have seven buyers so far. I can guarantee you that this will be the lowest price you can get but I need serious people ONLY.

Last edited:
Back