• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Washing/detailing videos

I found these videos very helpful, especially this newest one about paint correction so I thought I would share
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rYed_Hnrql4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You look for the rest of the videos under drive clean in the channel. Sometimes it's a bit too much for the normal person to do but it certainly helps and covers pretty much anything you normally do

Great post. I am watching a few of these types of videos to see if I want to attack this work or pay someone. I have a silver NA1 and it appears to have isoldated oxidized paint. I want to bring it back to as close to perfect as I can.

My one objection to this film was using the dish soap as the clay bars lubricant. No way would I use loosened dirt from a car washing to lubricate a clay bar. Clean water can be used if you don't have a dedicated clay bar lube or quick detailer. The best soap for stripping wax/etc. from your car is Dawn, as yes it will remove all the wax and sealants from your paint.

Back