• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What color is the stock brake calipers, silver or black?

My brake calipers are real dirty and I plan to clean them soon (simple green, pressure wash). Is the stock calipers suppose to be matte black or silver?

My 1995 was grey.
FrontBefore.jpg

NSX-R with matte black
wheel.jpg

Later 2002+ were gold
usa_2005_acura_nsx_cpe_2_x_exwheel_x.jpg

This guy's is rust color
attachment.php

Last edited:
hapa, they were probably painted grey with the red letterings afterwards =D my 94 is black with red NSX letterings :wink:

I have a 91 and the previous owner painted them red,if they are powder coated black i should be able to use some kind of thinner to romove the red with out harming the black powder coat underneath,right?any suggestions as to what kind of paint stripper would be best?thanks....steve

I have a 91 and the previous owner painted them red,if they are powder coated black i should be able to use some kind of thinner to romove the red with out harming the black powder coat underneath,right?any suggestions as to what kind of paint stripper would be best?thanks....steve
If they did it properly it's ether 2 component or brake caliper paint.
Thinner won't do anything as that is chemical proof paint.
Paint stripper has a good chance of getting it off but it will hurt the powder coat if i recall correctly.

You could strip the caliper and re powder coat OR strip and just spray paint it flat black. (heat/chemical resistant paint)

thanks for the quick reply.by strip you are refering to a chemical strip or a sand/bead blast of the caliper i guess.perhaps i can clean them up and simply re apply a black caliper paint as you suggest,thanks again...steve

guys if you have an NSX that has had a previous owner/owners they prob painted them.

91-01 black no colored letters.

02-05 gold no colored letters

ever go to a honda/acura dealership and see different colored calipers on the cars lined up in a row? NO.

But I may be wrong cuz I often find myself blurting off junk data all the time.

Last edited:
Back