• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCessive’s ’91 Project "Sliding Knife" Build:

I was planning on driving it home but Mother Natue decided to dump about 15cm down on us within a few hours. Shes all straped down on the Flatbed for the ride home:

4c5a5b2e00abdbf8de4902c35019bf2cce6fc8e8b216d415a706d46283e738826g.jpg

There is something magical about this picture. Reminds me of Christmas I guess :)

Awesome job - love the color too.

I have a little problem when I leave the house as to which NSX do I take when I leave the house?

that is not a bad problem to have!!! the 911 is nice, stable refined and responsive. but one thing that i notice lacking when compared to the nsx is the nsx exotic driving position.

there needs to be an nsx meet close to waterloo one day, would love to see what a gunmetal nsx looks like in person :)

There is something magical about this picture. Reminds me of Christmas I guess :)

Awesome job - love the color too.

Thanks man was a magical moment seeing it together and running... was another magical moment with the snowstorm brewing outside on the tow home.

that is not a bad problem to have!!! the 911 is nice, stable refined and responsive. but one thing that i notice lacking when compared to the nsx is the nsx exotic driving position.

there needs to be an nsx meet close to waterloo one day, would love to see what a gunmetal nsx looks like in person :)

A buddy just got a '04 911 4S what a nice machine. Yes your right the seating position takes some getting use to in the 911, I do like the NSX seating position better but could be because I feel right at home in the seat and behind the wheel. lol Yes man if your around KW drop me a line hoping to make it out for at least one of the NSXCC meets before season end as well.

End of summer update lol

Decided to give the SOS Endura Lite a try on the Magnum eventaully I may move it to my '00. I really like the exhaust note not too loud, doesn't drone, not raspy, and fits perfectly just wished it came with Dual tips. Had the caniser polished looks pretty good from underneath and through the rear valence:

zaz14l8j6ghukv06g.jpg

k7brdq9bmy6cwdf6g.jpg

vc3k66bpyxbz4ro6g.jpg

Decided not to put the '91 emblem on went with the '02 emblem looks way better managed to cover the holes should have shaved them before painting the bumper. Plasti dipped the chrome with clear chrome was a little too much turned out good:

fc1tc9yb5pa5aav6g.jpg

jnquc6lpr5d7qeu6g.jpg

Was going to replace the OEM carpet but decided to give cleaning them a try first. They acutally turned out very nice afterwards.

Before:

ip87k5kf74go08h6g.jpg

5o1n2djin0bbxaa6g.jpg

Gave them a nice scrub with liquid tide a soft bristle brush using warm to hot water and pressure washed with clean water. Then applied carpet cleaner and pressure washed them clean again and shopvac them as dry as possible then let them hang dry for 24hrs. Did the TL ones too while I was at it :biggrin:

5akrkwpqohdilpe6g.jpg

Very pleaseed with results all carpet pieces turned out great pics don't do them justice:

l2t1kkvypgme59t6g.jpg

ow599o7fi67cdh76g.jpg

Reinstalled:

vlx3dnn90g0n2vp6g.jpg

n36jxiwuyoin52r6g.jpg

tkc7hjwkm6ffx4x6g.jpg

Last edited:
^^ awesome update!!!!

it amazes me the repeated cleaning oem carpets can take. sticking with the oem 16 inchers or is there a double staggered surprise coming ? :)

Last edited:
^^ awesome update!!!!

it amazes me the repeated cleaning oem carpets can take. sticking with the oem 16 inchers or is there a double staggered surprise coming ? :)

This is the first time in 22yrs they have been cleaned I would have to say they used decent quality carpet. I was going to replace with aftermarket in replica Type-R red but thought I'd give cleaning the originals a try nothing lost trying. Also from some of the aftermarket sets I've seen sometimes there is little to no padding/foam under the carpet and or low thread count. But what a difference interior makes in quieting down the cabin in general, night and day difference now will be looking at re-doing the seats and some other bits and pieces in the near future. Stereo, alarm & auto start all being sorted out now almost done.

As for the wheels... '00 OEM for now... but there is something in the works... but seems to always be something in the works :wink:

Got around to uploading some more pics :biggrin:

Steering Wheel Swap Out using NSX-R Momo Hub Boss, had to fab a bracket with a spring to make contact with ground on the rear of the Momo hub & made a jumper to bypass the SRS dash light:

r4bxl9rjyy8cjdq6g.jpg

Testing with the Hub installed making contact. Lightly applied a thin coat some wheel bearing grease to help the contact slide against the rear of the Hub.

906zx5la3coig5u6g.jpg

Hub Installed and nut tourqued to spec:

uwov9i71jjtq91f6g.jpg

Finally after 12+yrs of ownership I got around to replacing a chewed light switch control while doing the steering wheel swap. Previous owner had a dog that must have thought the switch was a doggy treat. Wound up swapping with an '97+ switch assy, lucky for me the switch is identical.

91' Cruise and Defrost Swapped:

vjeyqyyx6l1eq9i6g.jpg

'97+:

lm8no7bassg4sbk6g.jpg

2c8jbs950ib897u6g.jpg

'91 switch:

zo329zdy0y55cb46g.jpg

ladc8flzv55wxnk6g.jpg

'97+ switch same contacts as a '91:

8qsszb557r6us366g.jpg

'91 Column assy removed:

q9v70py2iu9eou06g.jpg

Steering Wheel installed yes I know a couple screws are missing:

z038mbp2yl1p6jf6g.jpg

Winter blahs update was going through some photos and realized I haven't updated this in a long time I guess that's what happens when you get side tracked.

5k4pku7mc72uh7nzg.jpg

Decided to not put back in the BOSE (BLOWS) factory system and upgrade it. Luck for me I anticipated an aftermarket install and pre ran all the power and speaker cabling in the body and into doors during reassembly.

Pioneer Head Unit:
22l6lgzyg2fopbvzg.jpg

Kicker Digital 5ch IX 1000.5 Amp test fitted to custom made trunk board:
jdg6y78ot2w0331zg.jpg

Mount crossovers on backside of the trunk board:
bqpkz2tn7u29qs4zg.jpg

Custom made door panels with new Kicker 6.5 component set:
11s6q97rgdcwfnszg.jpg

Custom made sub box testing with 10 inch Infinity for time being this box is going to get redesigned for min foot space loss:
714gonn7wz9s7kczg.jpg

Trunk panel and amp mounted:
pcuy025aum6m8w0zg.jpg

Its coming along:
yeoelyz4peet4ivzg.jpg

First quick meet and cruise with some friends:
ds5ppl41gp4zczdzg.jpg

ln23xkbiv5w1258zg.jpg

^^ awesome. car stereo updates remind me of our back in the day youth projects!

The youth projects still have a place these days ;)

Damn, NSX exterior look so clean...

I'm quite surprised how well just a simple cleaning made it look... I'll be on to the seats next time to replace the old tired leather.

Here was an impulse buy theft recovery '04 S2000 she is almost done nothing close to the amount of work the NSX I should add... Finally got around to uploading some more photos... more to come soon.

kwjo9bjiob628s3zg.jpg

And these also came in... New Advan RSII wheels

n03t3rpyrlvw1buzg.jpg

Last edited:
Before with my '00 Wheels on her:

5k4pku7mc72uh7nzg.jpg

After... thinking it needs to be lowered a bit more still a slight wheel gap there or maybe its my A.D.D kicking in lol:

67srkk09acu64nrzg.jpg

27mf5plpprrf77vzg.jpg

aanjcfh55i1ml59zg.jpg

Last edited:
Needs more low =)

You know it lol unfortunately I'm not running coilovers Koni with Eibachs compared to my '00 which I'm running Tein Monoflex on side by side in my garage she's alot higher lol I'll have to keep an eye out for a set of coilovers. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey.... What size of wheel and offset F/R RS11? and tire size? She is looking good. Rich

Hey Rick thanks man wheels make the car look so much better. I'm running 17x8 +37 GTR face on 215/40/17 ContiSportContact 3 & 18x10 +35 GTR face 265/35/18 front & rears they are BBK friendly too!

Mid summer update still a work in progress... I decided after lengthy debate to change the Eibach/Koni setup and move to a set of new Tein Street Flex coil-overs. After finding very little in terms of reviews I wound up taking the leap and picked them up anyway, after a mixed mash of install bits from Tein I manage to get it all installed. I also managed to pick up a used EDFC and install all of it along with some new set of rear wheel bearings. Center console is still a work in progress when I have free time.

EDFC Wiring through the car installed in the glove box:

fxxk1h232fu53bwzg.jpg

New Teins with EDFC installed can't say I like the new re-design of the rears as the EDFC install become very tricky. Call Tein for advise on how to get nut loose at top of click adjuster they suggested it was common to bend the wrench it came with. The results were not pretty :(

1f14hr3nm6n6ls8zg.jpg

Deep Recess in rear coils making install a little more challenging:

r84uh4rv4c6y744zg.jpg

The wrench that didn't want to bend. Maybe if I torched it first it would have bent instead of snapping:

p5pxm9vlpxwvp1pzg.jpg

Teins installed:

ydwmq6fmidd9d7rzg.jpg

Rear Wheel Bearing 101:

p0yk88hk71vcrjczg.jpg

New vs Old:

8fou9aw95shva4ozg.jpg

Had to take the shop and had my buddy remove them I guess not bad for original '91 bearings they were starting to hum lightly at ~60mph (100km/h) Uused a 20ton press to remove old bearing which came out in pieces, cleaned up nicely and pressed new bearings in she drives quiet again:

epnt1gmg1kct2n6zg.jpg

New Stance:

n4zd2d6qriet2zxzg.jpg

fi5mn6as41scqdrzg.jpg

I'm inspired!!!! WOW!!! Nice turn out, great thread, beautiful color choice, I felt the love you put in mannn. Great job

Really sick!! Allthough i liked the oem wheels as well :)

Thanks yes she didn't look bad at all with the factory 7 spokes.

I'm inspired!!!! WOW!!! Nice turn out, great thread, beautiful color choice, I felt the love you put in mannn. Great job

Thanks man yes I'm happy with the way it turned out and yes the colour set it off. I've had a lot of people ask me what colour it is and surprised when I tell them its Magnum Pearl which was also an NSX factory colour just not in NA and most respond back with it should have been made available here.

Back