• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

Car goes into hibernation tomorrow... red carpet arrived last week, over the winter will collect as many things as I need. This thread should get fun in the spring.

update your build thread with your recent pictures teej. :)

These? :wink:
J_NSX__022_edited.jpg

J_NSX__069_wallpaper.jpg

Okay, well since I havent done anything to my car since the photoshoot, (i have collected parts though) and since we dont have a separate "NSX Garage's" sub forum (hint hint), I thought I would post my garage build thread here. A few people have been PM'g me for an update on the garage anyway...

I still have a lot of things to do but am at a stopping point until spring. And yes, that is a real elevator panel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356111980.230763.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356112013.690632.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356112123.046296.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356112159.131828.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356112186.454817.jpg

As of right now, the black panels are all up and the red stripe does wrap around the garage as well... next up... flooring, photos, light fixtures, cabinets, display shelves.

More photos and the build thread can be found here:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179397

So amazing. Did you shoot them?

Thanks... no, I had a friend take the photos...I directed some of the shots and afterwards I just played with them in photoshop, and I'm just a photoshop rookie but I know enough to manipulate photos a little bit.

I think i have this photo in the Berlina Black thread...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356114227.083349.jpg

Well, as the spring months are around the corner, my mind is scrambling because its almost time to start ordering interior parts and once I place that order, I will be beyond the realm of return.

I may even have to move the interior conversion project back to 2014, but rest assured, there is a BBK in my immediate future. I will have a few interior parts custom fabricated though.

Well, as the spring months are around the corner, my mind is scrambling because its almost time to start ordering interior parts and once I place that order, I will be beyond the realm of return.

I may even have to move the interior conversion project back to 2014, but rest assured, there is a BBK in my immediate future. I will have a few interior parts custom fabricated though.

What interior parts are you planning to get? I think you mentioned a red interior swap?

Yes, but I am still torn on a couple different paths and now a new path...

1. OEM New Red interior parts for 02-05 NSXs

2. OEM style red interior but use a local interior person

3. NSX-R style interior which is mostly black with red carpet and seats, unless I did that orange/black interior.

4. Darker red interior like the 2015 prototype NSX

Then any number of silver, carbon fiber, *and/or maybe chrome interior trim parts carefully placed (because of 2015 NSX)

I already have red carpet from the group buy.... so option 4 above would mean selling what I already purchased and going with something else. So would option 3 if I did the orange/black. The orange/black is probably my least likely.

I have a navpod bracket from a group buy but now am not sure I want to go that Navpod route since I already have a double din.

The seats will be my single most expensive item... re-upholstering them or buying different seats and having those upholstered to match.

My biggest problem is I have a big imagination but not nearly as crafty when it comes to execution, so any real custom work has to be outsourced. The OEM interior pieces though not so much... or as much.

Seibon CF rear lower valence ordered about 3 hours ago.... Will replace my cracked valance I have right now. I know I will probably need to reinforce the CF one and it will be fun figuring that out along with mounting my difflow diffuser to the bottom of if. Good times yes?!

Probably leaving it, depends really once I see it in person.... If I wanted it all black I'd just fix my current one and have it repainted

Based on the quality/fit of your oem one compared to anything aftermarket... You may want to repair the oem one and keep it for down the road.

OR just sell it to me for my Berlina :D

Based on the quality/fit of your oem one compared to anything aftermarket... You may want to repair the oem one and keep it for down the road.

OR just sell it to me for my Berlina :D

The paint is flaking in weird spots on the rear lower valence and it has some other curious bump and impact marks aside from this busted support column. As of right now, I already have it pre-sold to a local NSX owner for pretty cheap who's been salivating at the chance to get my sloppy seconds when I start replacing things.
I do question him from time to time since he wants to sell his NSX anyway but (shrug).

My impatience at times can be my downfall. I ordered the Seibon valence but dont break my car out of jail until this weekend. I'll end up taking it to a nearby place for a repair quote anyway because even if I were able to fix this busted post on my own, I'd still need a repaint on the valence.

crackedValence.jpg

I also would recommend repairing the oem and keeping it. I doubt the seibon version will fit right, nothing they make has good fitment from all the parts I've seen...

I also would recommend repairing the oem and keeping it. I doubt the seibon version will fit right, nothing they make has good fitment from all the parts I've seen...

On the flipside, theres a vendor on here that installs Seibon stuff all the time and has had little to no issues... This probably varies from part to part instead of just a blanket poor job by Seibon. I guess I will find out in about a week. :D

The biggest part about the repair falls on the shops I solicit. I mean, if they come back with, repair and repaint should run about $300, then its a done deal. If they come back and say the repair and repaint will be $600, then its NOT a done deal.

I discovered my rear bumper cover itself has a nice big half moon crack on it, barely noticeable because of zero flaking.

Just found out that the OEM red leather for recovering my tan seats will be about $3500 WITH the phat discount.... This was just a tire kicking inquiry as I would still either do the leather interior vendor others use or some adjustable racing seats. I have the leather swatches from the vendor, I just need to order some interior trim to see how close they are.

Back