• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

f0ef34090371d9c1a5fd6ef4241fbc00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teej, doesn't seem that long ago when we met at Bakers. Dang the ride is sweeter every time I see it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Keep us posted on the Ceramic Pro finish. I've had paint correction done on a couple of cars, but they seem to look all hazed in a year or so. Not sure if it is my sealant or my process. I wash with micro fiber towels and all Adam's product, so i can't figure out where the problem resides.
wash & dry

Keep us posted on the Ceramic Pro finish. I've had paint correction done on a couple of cars, but they seem to look all hazed in a year or so. Not sure if it is my sealant or my process. I wash with micro fiber towels and all Adam's product, so i can't figure out where the problem resides.
wash & dry

Thanks guys!!! Also what package did you get? A lot of it comes down to the installer. Some say it cures in 2 days, 72 hours, my guys told me I couldn't wash it for 3 weeks. So many variables...I hope mine doesn't haze over but it's supposed to have a lifetime warranty

Two questions:

1. What mirrors did you upgrade to and are they power or manual

2. Wheels - I looked through the thread and saw 18x8 +35 (fr), 19x10 +30 (Rr) and 225/30 275/30 for tires, can you confirm and did you have to use spacers before or after the BBK?

Thanks, wonderful car...

62c7693cacbcdf934d866920c195f6ae.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Two questions:

1. What mirrors did you upgrade to and are they power or manual

2. Wheels - I looked through the thread and saw 18x8 +35 (fr), 19x10 +30 (Rr) and 225/30 275/30 for tires, can you confirm and did you have to use spacers before or after the BBK?

Thanks, wonderful car...

Thanks for the kind words.

1. These are some mirrors I bought from Chris Brandon.. as far as I know we are the only two NSX's with them. They are some kind of universal mirrors and are manual. While I love that they flow well with the car, I hate that they are cheaply made, have ugly mounting pads, and you can't see hardly anything from the passenger mirror. In fact, right now I am struggling finding a way to keep the passenger mirror up because the horizontal tightening bolt is failing miserably to do it's job. I'll figure something out, or else I'll have to go after those rectangle JGTC style mirrors. I refuse to join the Spoon style side mirror army.. at least for now.

2. For the tires, they are actually 225/35 and 275/30 (this is because Pilot Super Sports do not come in 215/35/18). I also needed 5mm rear spacers before the BBK due to how aggressive the concave was, at approx 302mm, the OEM rotor was not large enough to push the OEM caliper out far enough away from the hub to clear the wheel spokes. Current rear rotors are 330mm.

Do you have a piece behind the front door extending the skirt like this? Could someone tell me what this is?

9f8b197ffdffaded81560d4bf1190080.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have a piece behind the front door extending the skirt like this? Could someone tell me what this is?

That is a route ks rear flare add on I believe. It basically just covers the original rocker and flares it out in the rear.

Correct, Route KS side flares, I bought mine from a close friend.... well, I haven't paid for them yet but will soon. It's something not everyone has and adds a nice body line touch IMO.

I am in total agreement, looks better than the strakes for sure...much like Teej's car I like this white one, '02+, BYS rear spoiler and these flare add-on's...this is the way I eventually want to go!

On the wheels front I am torn between the Gram Lights 57Xtreme SP Spec Matt Graphite and the BC Forged RS41 in the Brushed Black finish -- don't know what the pro's and con's are to this choice?

I am in total agreement, looks better than the strakes for sure...much like Teej's car I like this white one, '02+, BYS rear spoiler and these flare add-on's...this is the way I eventually want to go!

On the wheels front I am torn between the Gram Lights 57Xtreme SP Spec Matt Graphite and the BC Forged RS41 in the Brushed Black finish -- don't know what the pro's and con's are to this choice?

Crazy, just before I bought my RS41's I almost bought the 57Xtreme's in graphite. There was a gently used set at SoS I went and tried on. As far as brushed black, jcbadcura has some wheels that color. He can give you pros and cons to it.

Crazy, just before I bought my RS41's I almost bought the 57Xtreme's in graphite. There was a gently used set at SoS I went and tried on. As far as brushed black, jcbadcura has some wheels that color. He can give you pros and cons to it.

The gold wheels you put on your car would have been a huge risk I would have never been able to have the balls to pull the trigger on -- you did and they look brilliant...

Also since you know the 57Xtreme's, there is a face 3 (more concave) for the rears in 19x10.5 +43, don't know if that is the one you saw but compared to your rears which ones are more concave in your opinion?

Last edited:
Noooooooo! This is the most perfect early NSX out there.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys...

BTW... change is coming... this build is about to get interesting again. :cool:

yea...fat fives and the oem radio antenna always in the up position:tongue:

Not exactly the change I was looking for... but my NSX has caught the EPS steering rack bug and unfortunately for me financially, its going to need the $1500 overhaul. :( Either that or I let it keep sounding like a pig with its balls in a vise grip every time I turn my wheel.

Not exactly the change I was looking for... but my NSX has caught the EPS steering rack bug and unfortunately for me financially, its going to need the $1500 overhaul. :( Either that or I let it keep sounding like a pig with its balls in a vise grip every time I turn my wheel.

Ouch, Teej :redface: I can just hear that squeal clear up here into Michigan $$$$.

Those new tail lights look great. I have to agree with everyone else that do really do modernize the NSX.

I'm really curious what they look when they're functioning. Do you have a video of them in action?

Back