• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

Thank you Jeff, you have no idea how bad I wanted this... stay tuned
f4a71b862bee8995f45021046d0a5b3a.jpg

My Futura Design front brake kit has been ordered and I hope to have it on before NSXPO2015. Hopefully soon after I can order the rear brakes as well. Other things I want to accomplish before NSXPO is wrapping my door inserts with the above material. I have always loved this black w/red backing perforated Alcantara since I saw it on the 2012 Special Edition Acura TSX. It should be a great subtle touch with my interior. I am still trying to decide if I want to redo the shift boot with the same material. My RS41's are just waiting for me to reassemble the outer tie rods and I can be back rolling again. Its been a long 8+ weeks.

I went for really thin foam backing (2mm) thick as another post instructed, however when I peeled back my first insert panel, the padding was closer to 4mm.
4ff5ef60f0c087335e904fbf1df64de4.jpg

No worries, ran to the store and returned the thin felt backing I had purchased and replaced it with headliner foam. Cost about $7 for half a yard at Jo Ann.
f9f95e247eda0d5f4921884119ea3981.jpg

And so let the games begin [emoji6]

f8e38236830c9648f61076a1f574090b.jpg

ff28a5b2e3b0b32dd2c9c4b36c0b878d.jpg

My Type S style alcantara that I'm removing will be for sale soon.
815e88a359c774300a26c084d48ac78f.jpg

.your rear wheels need a dentist.....................huge concavities.................:biggrin:

Love the wheels and the other stuff teej! The other wheels were nice, but the new metal is a cut average awesome.

I'm not a big fan of the intended graphics. But maybe you can convince me...

Love the wheels and the other stuff teej! The other wheels were nice, but the new metal is a cut average awesome.

I'm not a big fan of the intended graphics. But maybe you can convince me...

Haha I don't need to convince you about the graphics old friend. Thanks for the compliment on the wheels. It was a big risk

wow give me a brake.....:wink:

Always tasteful, always classy, and the best interior in all the land!
Will see it all in Palm Springs.

Those calipers look fantastic. I'm not familiar with the brand so googled them... nice. I may have to ping them for pricing details.

Do these have an integrated parking brake?

Love the new wheels. They look great. Awesome build and thread

Hey man .. Love your build! About to swap my tan for black and red as well. Just wondering where you purchased that black spray from? Can I get it at a local store or do I get it through eBay? Also what is the prepper for? Just wipe down first with it?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yah and how is the spray holding up? Would you recommend it? How did you spray the speaker cover on the door panel? Just sprayed right over it?

Sorry so many questions! Lol

Back